Saka 8 MOTM Fought hard and showed plenty of skill at AM and LWB
Wright 5 Let’s just say not his night
Godden 6

Subs
Eccles 5
Simms 5
Palmer 6
Sheaf 6

The finishing has again cost us a very comfortable win. The opposition again has managed to score 2 with their only efforts of note.

Evo1883

Collins 6 Nothing he could do for either goal
MVE 6 Lots of gas but a bit suspect positionally
Lati 7
Binks 7
Howley 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 7
Kelly 6
Saka 8 MOTM Fought hard and showed plenty of skill at AM and LWB
Wright 5 Let’s just say not his night
Godden 6

Subs
Eccles 5
Simms 5
Palmer 6
Sheaf 6

The finishing has again cost us a very comfortable win. The opposition again has managed to score 2 with their only efforts of note.

Somebody on twitter said we played like it was a training game , did you feel like that ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Somebody on twitter said we played like it was a training game , did you feel like that ?
I would agree for spells of the second half it looked like that. Wright looked like he was training for the NFL mind you.

I will say we looked under very little pressure until they scored from pretty much nothing and then it just fell to pieces immediately.

Evo1883

I would agree for spells of the second half it looked like that. Wright looked like he was training for the NFL mind you.

I will say we looked under very little pressure until they scored from pretty much nothing and then it just fell to pieces immediately.
Not sure bidwell works well as LCB , and sakamoto moving to LWB isn't a great idea either ..

Honestly though I'm not overly concerned , creating alot , early season team just not quite clicking

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure bidwell works well as LCB , and sakamoto moving to LWB isn't a great idea either ..

Honestly though I'm not overly concerned , creating alot , early season team just not quite clicking
I was surprised by it but Saka performed admirably at LWB, closed down a lot of attacks down his side and rescued some poor passing out from the back. He’s a lot more useful through the middle though.

The finishing was really poor for strikers who have cost this much, but they will get there eventually.

Evo1883

I was surprised by it but Saka performed admirably at LWB, closed down a lot of attacks down his side and rescued some poor passing out from the back. He’s a lot more useful through the middle though.

The finishing was really poor for strikers who have cost this much, but they will get there eventually.
I agree , early doors , safe journey back

SBT

Collins 6 Distribution looked good

Howley 6 Tough night for him out of position against a very physical front line but did OK
Latibeaudiere 7 Very composed
Binks 6 A bit untidy, was lucky to not get booked

MVE 6 He’s very quick and that’s about all I remember him doing. Caught out for their equaliser
Hamer 7 MOTM Rarely got out of third gear because he didn’t need to but did the usual Gus stuff
Kelly 6
Bidwell 7 Great getting forward at LWB, might have been MOTM but for a shaky cameo at LCB

Sakamoto 6 Worked his socks off, drew a lot of fouls, but never quite got going. Diligent at LWB but seems like a waste for his talent

Wright 7 Won the penalty and generally terrified the defence with his pace. Over-excited finishing.
Godden 7 Great touches and layoffs to Haji, looked sharp, good pen as usual

Sheaf 6
Simms 6 Would have scored but for a great point blank save
Palmer 6
Eccles 5 Think he lost concentration for their winner

Not too fussed about losing, our starting lineup completely dominated the game, but decided it was more important to get minutes for Palmer and Simms - fair enough. Wimbledon had about six different absolute giants on their team and were a good test for the back three, but clearly we need more CB depth, as we’re not going to muddle our way through with players like Howley, Binks and Bidwell there.

gspotgaz

Collins 6 Distribution looked good

Howley 6 Tough night for him out of position against a very physical front line but did OK
Latibeaudiere 7 Very composed
Binks 6 A bit untidy, was lucky to not get booked

MVE 6 He’s very quick and that’s about all I remember him doing. Caught out for their equaliser
Hamer 7 MOTM Rarely got out of third gear because he didn’t need to but did the usual Gus stuff
Kelly 6
Bidwell 7 Great getting forward at LWB, might have been MOTM but for a shaky cameo at LCB

Sakamoto 6 Worked his socks off, drew a lot of fouls, but never quite got going. Diligent at LWB but seems like a waste for his talent

Wright 7 Won the penalty and generally terrified the defence with his pace. Over-excited finishing.
Godden 7 Great touches and layoffs to Haji, looked sharp, good pen as usual

Sheaf 6
Simms 6 Would have scored but for a great point blank save
Palmer 6
Eccles 5 Think he lost concentration for their winner

Not too fussed about losing, our starting lineup completely dominated the game, but decided it was more important to get minutes for Palmer and Simms - fair enough. Wimbledon had about six different absolute giants on their team and were a good test for the back three, but clearly we need more CB depth, as we’re not going to muddle our way through with players like Howley, Binks and Bidwell there.
Binks is a cb

Brighton Sky Blue

I know, but I’m not convinced he’s here to be first choice. And on tonight’s showing he’s going to need a bit of time to adjust.
I’d disagree there, thought he looked pretty solid and generally distributed well. When he moved into the middle of the 3 though it was less convincing.

Hertsccfc

I didn't think Wright was as bad as some are saying. He looked dangerous. Yes some of his shooting was wild but the keeper also made a few good saves from him.

The one who disappointed me most was van Ewijk who didn't even look quick. I hope it's just a fitness matter. He was the signing I was most excited by but really disappointing so far.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I didn't think Wright was as bad as some are saying. He looked dangerous. Yes some of his shooting was wild but the keeper also made a few good saves from him.

The one who disappointed me most was van Ewijk who didn't even look quick. I hope it's just a fitness matter. He was the signing I was most excited by but really disappointing so far.
If by looking dangerous you meant this, yes
cricket GIF by ONE World Sports

Brighton Sky Blue

MVE just looked out of sync or more precisely out of position. Wright however I stand by my rating, it was a bad day at the office from him. Dare I say he was fortunate he got fouled for the penalty as he had taken way too much time on the chance.

They can only improve, anyway.

CCFC86

van Ewijk didn't impress me when he come on Vs Leicester either everything he tried didn't come off. I was hoping he would do better tonight mind you with that team we put out we should not be losing to a league 2 team.

SkyBlueSam01

Their LB was giving van Ewijk a tough time verbally and physically - tonight will have been a really good learning curve for some of the new signings coming from abroad

Users who are viewing this thread