Simms 5
Godden 4

Subs

Ayari 4
Wright 5
Lati n/a

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

What happened to the first half's "this is the best we've played all season" and "this is lovely stuff?" 🤔
The strikers missed sitters and the defence gave up another awful goal. Second half returned to slow tempo stuff while again missing inexplicable chances.

Bristol were worse and got away with it.

Jamesimus

Wilson 5 - a few dodgy moments today.

MVE 6 - sometimes is more conservative than he needs to be and should be running at his man rather than passing backwards.

Thomas 5 - Lots of passing back to the opposition today. A really good footballer, not sure about defender yet.

McFadz 5 - Not his best day.

Binks 7 - Best of the defenders again, needed to make more of the Weimann incident and also the foul in the second half.

JDS 6 - First half he was an 8, second half he was half that.

Sheaf 7 - You can see how much he has been missed.

Eccles 5 - Why is he allowed to take set pieces? That's not his game. His game is running box to box, simple passes, harassing and tackling. We need to stop pretending and keep him focused on that job alone.

Sakamoto 7.5 - Fantastic first half, faded second half. Baffling that he hasn't been starting games in the no.10. He looked our best player.

Simms 5 - A couple of decent runs down the channels first half, tried to make things happen for himself which I don't think is his style.

Godden 5 - His all round game is lacking, but if he finished his chances today I'd feel he was worthy of starting games. He didn't so now I'm not sure.

Wright 5 - Just doesn't look that great a player. If he had only cost us 1,000,000 I wouldn't mind so much.

Ayari 5 - Not sure what his job is meant to be and neither is he.

Can't remember anyone else, started cooking on 80 mins anyway. Think Lati came on and Kitching did as well, but no rating because I was concentrating on my red wine gravy.

That first 30 minutes has given me a small bit of belief which I certainly haven't had yet this season though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson 5 - a few dodgy moments today.

MVE 6 - sometimes is more conservative than he needs to be and should be running at his man rather than passing backwards.

Thomas 5 - Lots of passing back to the opposition today. A really good footballer, not sure about defender yet.

McFadz 5 - Not his best day.

Binks 7 - Best of the defenders again, needed to make more of the Weimann incident and also the foul in the second half.

JDS 6 - First half he was an 8, second half he was half that.

Sheaf 7 - You can see how much he has been missed.

Eccles 5 - Why is he allowed to take set pieces? That's not his game. His game is running box to box, simple passes, harassing and tackling. We need to stop pretending and keep him focused on that job alone.

Sakamoto 7.5 - Fantastic first half, faded second half. Baffling that he hasn't been starting games in the no.10. He looked our best player.

Simms 5 - A couple of decent runs down the channels first half, tried to make things happen for himself which I don't think is his style.

Godden 5 - His all round game is lacking, but if he finished his chances today I'd feel he was worthy of starting games. He didn't so now I'm not sure.

Wright 5 - Just doesn't look that great a player. If he had only cost us 1,000,000 I wouldn't mind so much.

Ayari 5 - Not sure what his job is meant to be and neither is he.

Can't remember anyone else, started cooking on 80 mins anyway. Think Lati came on and Kitching did as well, but no rating because I was concentrating on my red wine gravy.

That first 30 minutes has given me a small bit of belief which I certainly haven't had yet this season though.
They do say the first half hour is what decides the quality of a red wine sauce to be fair

Marty

Wilson 6
MVE 6
Thomas 4 Absolute donkey
McFadzean 5
Binks 6
JDS 6
Sheaf 7
Eccles 4 Crap corners, slows the game right down every time he gets it.
Saka 6
Simms 5
Godden 5

Subs
Wright 5
Ayari 5 he ain't half shit for a supposed wonderkid.
Lats N/A

steve101

Wilson 5 - terrible with his feet and a braver keeper would have come out to the free kick
Van Ewijk - got into some good positions but final ball not good enough
Thomas 5.5 - passing not great
McFadzean 5 - a couple of awful passes that we got away with. Out jumped for goal, which is unlike him
Binks 7 - looked decent again defensively and on the ball
Da Silva 5 - poor delivery and passing
Sheaf 8 motm - his quality stood out. Composed, excellent passing and unlucky with shot that hit the bar
Eccles 6 - pretty solid in most areas but marked down for his set pieces. With the amount of corners we had, you would think he would fine tune but the opposite was true
Sakamota 7.5 - was immense first half an hour. His movement, control and one touch passing was superb. Tired second half
Simms 5.5 - one or two decent moments but otherwise toothless
Godden 5 - just not at the races. Slightly unlucky hitting the bar but probably should have scored it

Wright 5.5 - needs to be stronger and hungrier. At the moment I cannot see how he is any better than Bakayoko
Ayari 5 - wasteful
Latibeudiere - n/a but needs to be starting

pusbccfc

Wilson 6
MVE 6
Thomas 4 Absolute donkey
McFadzean 5
Binks 6
JDS 6
Sheaf 7
Eccles 4 Crap corners, slows the game right down every time he gets it.
Saka 6
Simms 5
Godden 5

Subs
Wright 5
Ayari 5 he ain't half shit for a supposed wonderkid.
Lats N/A

Ayari is absolutely miles of the PL

torchomatic

Wilson - 6 - Not much to do, distribution was OK.

Van Ewijk - 7 - defensively still looks frail, but great coming forward

Thomas - 5 - Struggled to pass to anyone in Sky Blue

Fadz - 5 - An off day

Binks - 7 - the more I see of him, the more I like him

Sheaf - 7 - Welcome return. Some great balls to counteract his 'sheafness', I.e. losing the ball in dangerous areas

Sakamoto - 7 - Excellent throughout. Knew from minute one he would be subbed at some point.

Eccles - 5 - don't care if he is 'one of our own'. He's just not very good. God knows why he was made King Of The Dead Ball.

Simms - 5 - some good work, but not in it today.

Godden - 5 - Poor today, but guaranteed to start, so he needn't worry

Not a bad journey considering how bad the M5 around Bristol can be.

BCFC fans silent throughout apart from when they scored and at the end of the game.

Disappointing as for the first 35 minutes or so we were immense. Terrible second half. We still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

pusbccfc

Wilson - 6 - Not much to do, distribution was OK.

Van Ewijk - 7 - defensively still looks frail, but great coming forward

Thomas - 5 - Struggled to pass to anyone in Sky Blue

Fadz - 5 - An off day

Binks - 7 - the more I see of him, the more I like him

Sheaf - 7 - Welcome return. Some great balls to counteract his 'sheafness', I.e. losing the ball in dangerous areas

Sakamoto - 7 - Excellent throughout. Knew from minute one he would be subbed at some point.

Eccles - 5 - don't care if he is 'one of our own'. He's just not very good. God knows why he was made King Of The Dead Ball.

Simms - 5 - some good work, but not in it today.

Godden - 5 - Poor today, but guaranteed to start, so he needn't worry

Not a bad journey considering how bad the M5 around Bristol can be.

BCFC fans silent throughout apart from when they scored and at the end of the game.

Disappointing as for the first 35 minutes or so we were immense. Terrible second half. We still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Bristol city fans used to be excellent, one of the best. They've been horredous since the redevelopment of the stadium. Silent today.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Who’s the bloke who thinks we’re better without Sheaf? Jesus Christ. Without him today would have been grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

Wilson - could have made a better effort for their goal
Fadz - poor game by his standard, wouldn't expect Dickie to beat him in the air for the goal
Van Ewijk - really like him but a little frustrating yesterday, shooting when he should have passed and passing when he should have shot
Dasilva - some good interplay in build up play, but useless once he got near the penalty area
Winks - best of the defenders
Sheaf - excellent return to action and was the driver in our good start to the game
Eccles - not sure his corners were as bad as they are perceived, some fault also lies with Fadz/ Thomas etc who just didn't seem to compete
Simms/ Godden - need to hit the target more regularly, if keeper saves then fine but rather that than no chance at all by shooting wide

shmmeee

Is it me or did we seem to side foot all our shots yesterday? Even Sheafs screamer was a side foot. I wonder if they’ve been practicing in training, I think both Simms and Goddens chances would have been better leathered with the instep and that’s why the curled wide.

Wilson 6
MVE 6
Thomas 5
Fadz 5
Binks 6
Dasilva 6
Sheaf 7
Eccles 4
Saka 6
Simms 5
Godden 5

Ayari 5
Wright 5

Think that’s pretty fair.

torchomatic

Eccles - not sure his corners were as bad as they are perceived, some fault also lies with Fadz/ Thomas etc who just didn't seem to compete
They were.

The Philosopher

Wilson 6

Thought he could have come off his line quicker for their goal - seemed a bit indecisive. Otherwise ok, but some decisions with when to release the ball and to whom were questionable.

MVE 7

Showed his class at times and growing in confidence - he knows he’s better than most at this level.

Thomas 6

A so-so performance, with so many corners I’d have hoped he’d have caused a few more problems in their box. It goes to show that we need to work on corners on the training ground.

As an unfortunate aside: had to take my daughter (Blades fan, 12) for the birthday to Bramall lane last night with my lad (sky blue, 13). Fans around moaning that Gus wasn’t the automatic corner taker or free kick taker. He took some but there were audible chuntering fans saying “why isn’t Gus taking this one?”. Anyway….

Fadz 6

A few bits of madness and I do wish that he got in the Ref’s ear a bit more when our players get hacked down. He’s the skipper and it’s one of the things he should do. When Cal is back thus will be more important than ever - so much rides on him not being cynically taken out without any kind of protection. I think Fadz is great. Maybe MR needs to have a word.

Binks 7

He’s good and developing. Is it wise to develop a loan player when we have a long term contracted player on the bench? That said, hope he signs permanently.

JDS 7

Busy. Direct. Couple of errors but always involved. The more you are involved, the more errors likely. That’s how it works.

Sheaf 7

Some great play especially in the first half. Hit the bar from a million miles out then doesn’t shoot from the edge of the box. That’s Sheaf. That said, showed his class.

Eccles 6

As someone else said and I raised earlier, loads of corners with no result. He either needs to work on them or someone else does. Short people with no aerial use in the box might be as well taking corners. Put DaSilva on them where possible and have Binks cover LWB on the break with Sheaf chafing back to cover the middle. Back to Eccles: still developing and slowly getting there.

Tats 5

Got drawn into the foul that cost the goal so gets marked down for that. Some great tricky play but just out of tune often with the final ball. That’s my view. Maybe 5 is harsh but needs to improve decision making - I’m sure that’ll come as he learns English 2nd tier football.

Sims 6

Great first half but then seemed to lose confidence for some reason. His pressing seemed to drop off and was less direct.

Godden 7

Last couple of seasons has just been a poacher with not much more to his game. Yesterday and the last few games was different, actually won a few in the air and pressed and linked in by dropping deeper and covered more ground (any statto folks know if this is correct?). Would have been an 8 if he’d have not dragged that decent chance wide. Better of late.

Subs

Wright 6

Good turn and shot and a couple of good runs. £7m? Nah.

Lati 6

Composed. Start next time? We’ve plenty of defenders and no midfielders so could he play 45 at least alongside Sheaf? Let Sheaf roam a bit and Lati sit in front of the back 3?

Ayari 6

One day he’ll be amazing probably and we will be surprised he once played for us. When Gyok signed for Swansea on loan from Brighton he was probably at the equivalent stage to Ayari is now. My guess is, if he’s still here, he’ll come good second half of the season.

Overall, one of those matches we deserved to win but a couple of small errors thwarted.

Paxman II

It's interesting that Faz had a day to forget, and the team conceded a poor goal from a cross.

If one of those many chances in the first half dominance had gone in, the flood gates would have opened and we would all be talking about how good that away performance was and the playoffs.
Fine margins at times, but we know there is a very good team emerging - you can see it. Just not sure about the quality of Wright if I'm honest. Yet to see what he can bring.

stevefloyd

Wilson 5- gives me the shits when the balls passed back to him, no command of his area and should be stopping that goal

MVE 5- Gets forward but doesn't try to get past his man, I thought he was supposed to be quick? hardly ever crosses the ball

Thomas 5 Would have been a 6 but his passing is as bad as Wilsons kicking although the latter has slightly improved of late

Fadz 5 got caught ball watching after the initial push/foul on him and lost his man who scored

Binks 7 definitely the best of our defenders

Da Silva 4 I think I would definitely like to see our Rolls Royce playing lwb, he sort of gets stuck in shows some decent skill and err nothing else

Saka 7 as alluded to above I said to my son he will get taken off because he's our most effective player but faded when he became knackered

Eccles 4 FFS get him off set plays, the guy gets some decent blocks in but fuck knows why Robins gave him a new contract squad player at the absolute most

Sheaf 8 MOTM for me and fair play to him for lasting the whole match after being out if only he had a partner to play with him in midfield.

Godden 6 for running about and actually battled for the ball but for our golden boy and the 'best finisher' at the club (alledgedly) he couldn't hit the target

Simms for the first 30 mins 7 for the rest of the match 5, watches the ball and then has a few seconds to think "fucking hell, maybe I should have gone for that" !

Ayari 4 no impact at all

Wright 5 looked a little sharper when he came on and then disappeared

Lati must have wondered wtf when he was treated to 90 seconds football at the end of the game

Brighton Sky Blue

Ridiculous how individual player ratings across the whole team jump up and down according to the result, which in reality depends on small margins in both boxes.
On the contrary I think they’re well justified on the performances

Calista

On the contrary I think they’re well justified on the performances
So if one of the shots by Simms or Godden goes in off the post (or a defender's arse), Wilson somehow keeps out their header, and we scrape a 1-0 win, you're saying the ratings for Eccles, Sakamoto and the rest would still have been the same? No chance. People would be crowing about a professional job away from home, only one point off the playoffs, and every player's rating would have been inflated by at least 1 or 2.

I get why it happens though.

skybluecam

So if one of the shots by Simms or Godden goes in off the post (or a defender's arse), Wilson somehow keeps out their header, and we scrape a 1-0 win, you're saying the ratings for Eccles, Sakamoto and the rest would still have been the same? No chance. People would be crowing about a professional job away from home, only one point off the playoffs, and every player's rating would have been inflated by at least 1 or 2.

I get why it happens though.
Context matters.

If we go in at half time 1-0 up away from home then I would expect players to be more conservative, given that a 0-0 second half means 3 points.

When we’re 1-0 down and play 45 minutes without really looking like scoring that’s a problem, and players deserve worse ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread