Ratings (2 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

As always, we need to give players time. Been loads of mocking of the "time to gel" notion on here, but it DOES take time sometimes for players and systems to kick in.

Those comments really wound me up earlier in the season. What brings it home is only three of yesterdays starting line up played in the play off final. It’s not like just integrating one or two new lads into a well drilled team, it was a total squad rebuild.

The little move first half with sheaf and ohare with the back heels and flicks only really comes with knowing what your team mates can do and how they play, same with some of the link play between MVE and Saka. Hopefully we can continue the progress as we’re looking a far better, stronger unit now

Johhny Blue

Only just watched the game and haven’t seen it mentioned yet that with 7 of our summer signings this is (with the exception of Da Silva) the team we’re trying to build. Not bad for a first time together as a unit even if Brum were poor

Gibbo

We've managed to get Wright into the game and recognise his runs, Simms needs a run in the match so the players can start to recognise his movements

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Is that the same slow distribution from Collins we saw for the second goal?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
But how many chances did he have to do it quickly? It actually makes my point. Need to do that almost every time

BlueSkiesForever

We've managed to get Wright into the game and recognise his runs, Simms needs a run in the match so the players can start to recognise his movements

Definitely agree with that, we need to give Simms and Wright the time to understand each other’s game more, okay Godden is a good poacher but I’m not sure he has the pace and strength to get into some of the positions that Wright and Simms have found themselves in so far.

If Simms, Wright and Godden had some sort of weird 3-way love child together we’d have a solid striker but I think for the time being we need to give Wright and Simms a good run of games to get them understanding the new setup better.

WestEndAgro

I know he had(s) an iconic song, but I always thought Breen whilst a solid pro was only average. Not even close to players like Peake or Babb for me.
I think you are over thinking it, his name rhymed, nothing to do with ability 🤔

DrPoolittle

Definitely agree with that, we need to give Simms and Wright the time to understand each other’s game more, okay Godden is a good poacher but I’m not sure he has the pace and strength to get into some of the positions that Wright and Simms have found themselves in so far.

If Simms, Wright and Godden had some sort of weird 3-way love child together we’d have a solid striker but I think for the time being we need to give Wright and Simms a good run of games to get them understanding the new setup better.
How much time is the problem.

I think Robins now has to adjust to a 4-3-3 formation, which will cause further delay

BlueSkiesForever

How much time is the problem.

I think Robins now has to adjust to a 4-3-3 formation, which will cause further delay

Tbh I don’t think time is really a problem now, we seem to have settled as a team and worked out that 5 at the back doesn’t suit us. I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near the relegation zone by the end of the season but we won’t be going up either, I think it’d be good to give Simms and Wright more minutes together so they have a decent understanding of their play styles.

Let’s face it, as good as he’s been, is Godden going to be the guy to get us into the Prem? Realistically? He may contribute to it, I get that, but should we be aiming to start him every week and forcing Simms or Wright onto the bench every week? I personally think it’s a waste of time and money if we don’t continue trying to make Simms and Wright two solid players for us.

Adge

We have all the makings of potentially a frightening team....and the squad depth looks immense.

It's gonna be tough to keep the fridge players in squad happy. Next challenge for Robins. Coukd have and shiukd have brought some subs on of im being picky.
Bet they were cold in the fridge 🥶

stevefloyd

We have all the makings of potentially a frightening team....and the squad depth looks immense.

It's gonna be tough to keep the fridge players in squad happy. Next challenge for Robins. Coukd have and shiukd have brought some subs on of im being picky.
Keep them on ice

Users who are viewing this thread