Would have taken a draw.

Simms played well.
Sheaf not the best.
Wright looked injured.

Good goal though

covboy9

Collins 7 safe
Van ewijk 7 so exciting when he pushes up
Bidwell 6 had a tough time 2nd half no cover, stand up right foot blocks goal simple
Thomas 6 always starts badly usually improves and did
Kitching 8 class
Sheaf 6 off form
Allen 6 very ordinary
Saka 7 improving rapidly
O hare 6 knackered on for too long
Wright 6 good goal but braindead
Simms 6 good hold up play at times, 1st touch embarrassing

steve101

Collins 7
Van Ewijk 8 motm
Thomas 8
Kitching 8
Bidwell 7
Allen 6.5
Sheaf 6
O'Hare 7
Sakamota 7
Simms 5.5
Wright 7

Palmer 7
Eccles 6
Da Silva 6

slowpoke

Would have taken a draw.

Simms played well.
Sheaf not the best.
Wright looked injured.

Good goal though
Agree, probably Sheaf worst game especially first half but got stronger as the game went on. Wrights getting better each game that left side he plays suits him and us. Transfer window going to be interesting.

Cally Fedora

Steady all round I’d say with a bunch in the middle with Simms just below them and Kitching and Wright just above.

slowpoke

Collins 7 safe
Bidwell 6 had a tough time 2nd half no cover, stand up right foot blocks goal simple
Kitching 8 class
Sheaf 6 off form
Allen 6 very ordinary
Saka 7 improving rapidly
Agree with all that but Simms first touch has to be better.

Last edited:

steve101

Sheaf is never a 6 , he was woeful 4 at best

At fault for their goal and many of their chances in general were when he gave it away unchallenged
I had him at a 5. Thought it was his worst performance for a long while. However I thought he stepped up with the injection of energy from the bench and was close to getting us the winner had it not been for a top draw save, hence his 6 rating.

pusbccfc

Collins 6.5
MVE 7: Just wish he'd hit the line byline when he comes forward. Defensively great again.
Thomas 7: Odd clumsy moment but solid.
Kitching 7.5: Compliment both each other really well.
Bidwell 6.5

Sheaf 5: One of those where he falls apart under pressure. Move on from it.
Allen 5: Equally under pressure.
O'Hare 8: What an asset to the side. Work ethic is excellent. The assist was excellent. He offers to much with his movement and press.
Moto: 6 A threat whenever he got the ball but we struggled to get him involved. Reminds me of O'Hare when he first joined. So exciting and clearly a gifted footballer but I'm not confident he'll get many goals or assists.
Simms: 6 Decent work ethic tonight but some really clumsy moments. We were spoilt with who we had before leading the line latching on to nearly every long ball. Simms and Haji are a step below that and I and many others need to get that out of our head.
Haji: 6.5 Could have been higher but fell away. Just like Simms, there's things that frustrate you. Toward the end he could have made the run but got in the way of Sheaf (?) by jogging. Very good finish and clearly a little more confidence each week.

Eccles and Palmer looked good. Palmer will always be marmite but there's a player there and he ran his socks off briefly.

Happy with the point against a side which will be well up there. Not pretty but necessary.

Brighton Sky Blue

Collins 6
MVE 7
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 6
Allen 6
Sheaf 5
O’Hare 6
Saka 6
Simms 5
Wright 7

Subs all 6 but were clearly needed sooner, the midfield was dead on its feet.

Alkhen

Very happy with everyone.

Collins looks really steady.

Thomas and Kitching look a great pairing.

Bidwell suits the back 4. Real positive influence I reckon.

Milan so pacy. Love it, been a while since we have had that raw pace

Opposition can't work out what Sakamoto is going to do next. Exciting

Sheaf. I'll give him that one. Not his best game but he is a key player

Allen brings energy. Underrated.

O'Hare busy again, added an assist. Really hope we keep hold of him.

Simms held it up well, made some good runs. Just need to get that end product up. Very dull but predictable that the people slagging off Haji a few weeks back have switched target

Best game from Wright. Held it up so we'll 2nd half. Impressed by his tracking back. Took his goal calmly then gave it the big un' to the away fans ❤️

lewys33

Collins 6.5 - good stop for the low left shot
MVE 7.5
Thomas 7
Kitching 7
Bidwell 6 - don’t remember anything notable could be wrong
Allen 5 - midfield was just outclassed today
Sheaf 4 - less said the better. Woeful but it’s done now.
O’Hare 6.5
Saka 7
Simms 7 - work rate was one of the best but first touch is sometimes missing
Wright 7 - went missing after the goal

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Collins 6 - Despite them having a lot of the ball, he didn't have to do a lot of 'saving'. Thank the defence for that.
MVE 7.5 - Got forward well and is building up a really nice partnership with Sakamoto. Started slow though, which shaves half a point.
Thomas 8 - It isn't just the tackling, it is positioning and organisation. The back four are the only reason we got something from tonight.
Kitching 8 - Another really solid performance.
Bidwell 7.5 - He's been very good recently and was more or less that tonight. Got a bit tired, which is no surprise.
Allen 5 - Maybe slightly harsh but thought he was a bit sloppy at times. Part of a midfield that got schooled at times.
Sheaf 4 - Poor. Been that way for a while. Gets his start on reputation but our squad is stronger now. Needs some time out.
O’Hare 5 - Hit the bar, but was sloppy at times with passing too. Don't think he really played that well in all honesty.
Saka 6 - Spent a lot of the early game not involved, but when he was looked very dangerous. Worked hard.
Simms 4 - Some concern. Think he gets a bit overlooked due to 7M for Wright, but there were times today I couldn't help feel were pathetic.
Wright 7.5 - He is involved and is trying. Still think it is a bit desperate at times, but you can see he wants to do well. Keep going sir.

Subs: Eccles added something, and I would really be bringing him in for Sheaf next game. Palmer was aggressive which I liked. JDS is hard for me to judge. I just like Bidwell so much more and it is hard to unsee that now.

Robins: Picked the same starting line up which is fair given the win at the weekend. Subs were too late though, and I would argue one or two players that stayed on looked like they could have benefited from a breather.

pusbccfc

Collins 6 - Despite them having a lot of the ball, he didn't have to do a lot of 'saving'. Thank the defence for that.
MVE 7.5 - Got forward well and is building up a really nice partnership with Sakamoto. Started slow though, which shaves half a point.
Thomas 8 - It isn't just the tackling, it is positioning and organisation. The back four are the only reason we got something from tonight.
Kitching 8 - Another really solid performance.
Bidwell 7.5 - He's been very good recently and was more or less that tonight. Got a bit tired, which is no surprise.
Allen 5 - Maybe slightly harsh but thought he was a bit sloppy at times. Part of a midfield that got schooled at times.
Sheaf 4 - Poor. Been that way for a while. Gets his start on reputation but our squad is stronger now. Needs some time out.
O’Hare 5 - Hit the bar, but was sloppy at times with passing too. Don't think he really played that well in all honesty.
Saka 6 - Spent a lot of the early game not involved, but when he was looked very dangerous. Worked hard.
Simms 4 - Some concern. Think he gets a bit overlooked due to 7M for Wright, but there were times today I couldn't help feel were pathetic.
Wright 7.5 - He is involved and is trying. Still think it is a bit desperate at times, but you can see he wants to do well. Keep going sir.

Subs: Eccles added something, and I would really be bringing him in for Sheaf next game. Palmer was aggressive which I liked. JDS is hard for me to judge. I just like Bidwell so much more and it is hard to unsee that now.

Robins: Picked the same starting line up which is fair given the win at the weekend. Subs were too late though, and I would argue one or two players that stayed on looked like they could have benefited from a breather.

Suprised with low ratings for O'Hare. Motm with Hescored and Fotmob. Stats were good. Worked hard. Hit the lost and got an assist.

I thought he was excellent.

Agreed pretty much with the rest. I too am concerned with Simms.

Evo1883

But on the other hand picked up a lot of second balls, was just wasteful

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He did bit he also slowed us down far too often aswell , for me he was a genuine liability today was it josh Eccles fans would have been seething about the performance

fernandopartridge

Suprised with low ratings for O'Hare. Motm with Hescored and Fotmob. Stats were good. Worked hard. Hit the lost and got an assist.

I thought he was excellent.

Agreed pretty much with the rest. I too am concerned with Simms.
It's Earlsdon, look at her general ratings he's given for a 1-1 draw against a higher placed team

SBAndy

Collins 6
MVE 8
Thomas 7
Kitching 8
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 5
Allen 5
O’Hare 7
Sakamoto 6
Wright 8
Simms 5

Dasilva 5
Eccles 7
Palmer 7

BlueSkiesForever

Collins 7
Van Ewijk 9 (MOTM)
Thomas 8
Kitching 8
Bidwell 8
Allen 7
Sheaf 5
O’Hare 7
Saka 7
Simms 6
Wright 7

Subs:
Palmer 6
Eccles 5
Dasilva 5

I thought we played really well against a solid side, we did well to limit their chances considering how much of the ball they had. I thought Van Ewijk was brilliant, always there when you need him and you just know if he’s level with a player he’s going to win the ball. Give him a season or two and Van Ewijk will easily be a £10 mil+ player.

Sheaf poor, shame really as we don’t have many CDM options, just hope he plays better on Saturday. O’Hare decent, Palmer good impact sub, Saka good when he had space with the ball, Simms still seems not quite with it but reckon he just needs a bit more time and a goal.

Solid solid performance today, good basis to hopefully get a draw or two and a couple of wins from the next 4 games.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's Earlsdon, look at her general ratings he's given for a 1-1 draw against a higher placed team

What would you have given as ratings then?

We may have played a higher placed team and got a draw, but I don't think we played that well for large parts of the game. Probably largely down to some fatigue, which is fair enough. We did however, make them look quite good for long periods of time, with our solid and organised defence being the biggest reason why we managed to come away with something. That is reflected in my scores.

stupot07

Collins 7
MVE 7
Thomas 6
Kitching 7.5 - MOTM
Bidwell 7
Allen 6
Sheaf
O'Hare 7
Saka 7
Simms 6
Wright 7

Subs
Dasilva 6
Eccles 7
Palmer 7

rob9872

Sheaf did give the ball away for their goal, but he'd also just won it a second before. Even on a night when his passing was poor, he won plenty of ball, sent Simms through with a great pass and nearly won it with that shot at the end. To suggest he should come out of the team is miles off imo.

I thought we worked really hard all round against a good side. Milan was my motm but Thomas was good too and won lots of battles against a Premier League standard forward line. Even Allen who some have rated lower was his usual pesty self never stopped running. Might be lacking a little in quality, makes up for it in effort. Wright tired a lot after the goal and would've liked Godden on for the last 10 or 15, but was his best game for us so far.

Evo1883

Sheaf did give the ball away for their goal, but he'd also just won it a second before. Even on a night when his passing was poor, he won plenty of ball, sent Simms through with a great pass and nearly won it with that shot at the end. To suggest he should come out of the team is miles off imo.

I thought we worked really hard all round against a good side. Milan was my motm but Thomas was good too and won lots of battles against a Premier League standard forward line. Even Allen who some have rated lower was his usual petty self never stopped running. Might be lacking a little in quality, makes up for it in effort. Wright tired a lot after the goal and would've liked Godden on for the last 10 or 15, but was his best game for us so far.

I don't think he should come out , but he deserves his low mark for tonight , for me was shite throughout

rob9872

Forgot to add I got a parking ticket too even though I parked in the same place I always have 🤬

Cov Council - minus 10 !! W*nkers!!

Johhny Blue

Collins 6.5
MVE 7: Just wish he'd hit the line byline when he comes forward. Defensively great again.
Thomas 7: Odd clumsy moment but solid.
Kitching 7.5: Compliment both each other really well.
Bidwell 6.5

Sheaf 5: One of those where he falls apart under pressure. Move on from it.
Allen 5: Equally under pressure.
O'Hare 8: What an asset to the side. Work ethic is excellent. The assist was excellent. He offers to much with his movement and press.
Moto: 6 A threat whenever he got the ball but we struggled to get him involved. Reminds me of O'Hare when he first joined. So exciting and clearly a gifted footballer but I'm not confident he'll get many goals or assists.
Simms: 6 Decent work ethic tonight but some really clumsy moments. We were spoilt with who we had before leading the line latching on to nearly every long ball. Simms and Haji are a step below that and I and many others need to get that out of our head.
Haji: 6.5 Could have been higher but fell away. Just like Simms, there's things that frustrate you. Toward the end he could have made the run but got in the way of Sheaf (?) by jogging. Very good finish and clearly a little more confidence each week.

Eccles and Palmer looked good. Palmer will always be marmite but there's a player there and he ran his socks off briefly.

Happy with the point against a side which will be well up there. Not pretty but necessary.
O’Hare 8?
He struggled today. Good shot against the bar though

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

Collins 7 safe
Kitching 8 class
Sheaf 6 off form
Allen 6 very ordinary
Saka 7 improving rapidly
What game were you watching, Thomas was solid for the majority of the game, vital blocks and headers, especially first half, him and Kitching are becoming a good partnership

Users who are viewing this thread