Match Thread Reading (2 Viewers)

stupot07

I thought he was alright. Could have given those penalty handball shouts against Rose and Godden but didn't (neither of which were pens but I wouldn't have trusted VAR if they'd had the option to go upstairs). Only issue for me was he was a bit too card happy towards us and not them. But then we also had 3 or 4 little tug backs that he played advantage and let go.
I also thought he was OK. The only decision I felt he got wrong was booking Marosi.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Tuesday's performance was bleak. Robins identified the issues, made the necessary changes and motivated the team to get some belief in. The criticism on Tuesday was justified as is the praise tonight

I never said it wasn't? What I'm saying the criticism is too soon and too harsh with just 7 games gone. I hope tonight has proven above all that the season is a long one and results will differ wildly, but we have a good squad of players who I believe can and will compete in this league. It will take time for us to bed in as can be said for some players - Sheaf in particular will become stellar for us this year and Hamer who has more to give. It will be difficult as I have said previously for Kelly to get in the side. Tonight there was some vindication for the squad and confidence will surely grow as a result.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's a tampon you pervert. It's my time of the month.

I just smoked a tampon too.

giphy.gif

skybluesam66

Hyam blasted the ball at the player after the whistle had gone. Even if it was an accident, you cant really complain at the yellow. Id expect a yellow if it was our player on the floor and a Reading defender doing what Hyam did.

did he? or did he kick the ball which hit their player ? to me it looked like the latter

stupot07

did he? or did he kick the ball which hit their player ? to me it looked like the latter
It was after the whistle had gone, even if accidently could be interpretated as dangerous play. It may have been an unlucky yellow, but it wasnt a ridiculous decision

covcity4life

It was after the whistle had gone, even if accidently could be interpretated as dangerous play. It may have been an unlucky yellow, but it wasnt a ridiculous decision

Our fans are fucking stupid when it comes to judging ref performances.

kg82

Our fans are fucking stupid when it comes to judging ref performances.
I think most of our yellows were correct. I got annoyed with him (I do that a lot) and I don’t think he was particularly good. In fact, I think the officiating at this level, in general, has been quite poor, from what I’ve seen. What we need is to start being a bit more clever: a pull back when the ref isn’t looking, a trip in their half not ours etc

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

It’s just a shame Hamer can’t control his discipline. It’s almost wasted talent when he’s a forced substitute.
He’ll get there, we’ve already seen him calming it down a bit. Alongside
They looked like a team destined to finish 5th and not get through the play offs.
lets not care what they look like. We beat them, 3 points, move on and get more points.

shmmeee

I think we came out of L1 with one of the best disciplinary records. Reckon Hamer can smash that record out by xmas!

Seriously though, a bit more bite isn’t a bad thing with where we’ve come from.

We’re far too nice generally. Hamer will find his level, he was too soft last game and too hard this but he’s getting closer.

I think as well he’s already got a rep and people are making a meal of his challenges more than most.

skyblueusername

I've drank all the beer and wine in the house. For a minute considered drinking pink gin and coke, but fuck that. The win feels great, going to watch some music on YouTube and sleep well #pusb
Same here, but i drank all her gin as well,

Top of the league
We don't give a fuck
We're Coventry City
And we're staying up!
BLUES BLUES
SKY BLUE ARMY!

kg82

We’re far too nice generally. Hamer will find his level, he was too soft last game and too hard this but he’s getting closer.

I think as well he’s already got a rep and people are making a meal of his challenges more than most.
I’d agree with your latter paragraph more than the former regarding Hamer. Too nice in general I agree with... or naïve

ccfc92

I thought he was alright. Could have given those penalty handball shouts against Rose and Godden but didn't (neither of which were pens but I wouldn't have trusted VAR if they'd had the option to go upstairs). Only issue for me was he was a bit too card happy towards us and not them. But then we also had 3 or 4 little tug backs that he played advantage and let go. Even the Hamer ticking off, he didn't make enough attempt to play the ball when he blocked off their player, so I can see why it was given.

Only thing with the Hamer ticking off, I think it was Sheaf had fouled a player before Hamer blocked off their player. So should have been irrelevant.

How Marosi got booked though when we were making a sub is beyond me.

Great_Expectations

Fantastic result and a much improved performance. Well done to MR for recognising the system wasn’t working and changing it - exactly what we were calling for as fans.

Satisfying to see ridiculed players like Biamou and Shipley playing well and contributing to the overall team performance.

That will hopefully prove to the players we are more than capable of competing at this level. Confidence and belief in our ability is key - people bang on about budget, but we have talent in the squad. The age and inexperience isn’t a negative, as it means we have so much more potential as a squad.

Great result and I’m sure a real feel good factors all round.

Still, what time are we sacking MR and getting Kenny Jackett in? And releasing Biamou so he can find his level in L2?

larry_david

I thought hyam was lucky. The ball smash was probably a yellow but later on it just went out of play and he absolutely booted it away. I was certain tthat would have been another yellow. I love dom, I'm not having a go but there's a line between streetwise and blatantly doing stuff. Although he got away with it so who knows.

BTW loved seeing MR do the sorta 'get in' fist pump. I think he knew we had that game and confidence wise we needed that win.

SeaSeeEffCee

I thought hyam was lucky. The ball smash was probably a yellow but later on it just went out of play and he absolutely booted it away. I was certain tthat would have been another yellow. I love dom, I'm not having a go but there's a line between streetwise and blatantly doing stuff. Although he got away with it so who knows.

BTW loved seeing MR do the sorta 'get in' fist pump. I think he knew we had that game and confidence wise we needed that win.
I reckon there was enough benefit of the doubt with the second incident. The ball had only just gone out of play when he kicked it, you’d imagine he’d have been able to argue that he was attempting to clear it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just watched the goals back. What was their keeper doing today McCallums? Doing a great Burge impression 🤣

I'll take that though!
Poor from Sheaf for their second goal. No pressure and nothing behind his pass.

good to see we had a plan B. Max did well linking up with Godden and was unlucky with his shot that hit the bar. Guess Robins knew we'd have to go long rather than play it from the back;although early on it looked like Dabo hadn't got that memo!
great 3 points though

Winny the Bish

Love that Robins saw it wasn't working and tried something new. And it paid off massively!

We looked so much more of a threat going forward, and the midfield was still able to protect the defence, recycle possession and join the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread