Match Thread Reading (4 Viewers)

theferret

Important not to overreact and wet the bed, but 2 goals in 10.5 hours of play is a real worry. We're not creating much either, yeah we have a couple of good chances early on, but from 10 minutes to the effort from Max at the end, we haven't got near them.

Still, we move on and go again.

lifeskyblue

Covcity4life is always right! I have seen us lose this season and felt optimistic

Today is first day I can just say it was crap. Brentford we r much better. Today was crap tho from us

Best performance my ass

Tonight was a carbon copy of Norwich in cup. Start brightly...couple good chances wasted. Then defensive’cock ups’ and just don’t look like getting back in it. And compounded by criminal mistake by mcfadzean to get sent off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

But did we get results?

Been through this debate a lot of times, the risk was always going to be if we couldn't nick the goal and carried on making mistakes. Also keep in mind we went with wing backs for a large chunk of that run. Now it's crap, not solid, not threatening, and Leicester are going top of the PL

Hobo

We played some abysmal stuff in that run against teams for the most part around us. When we played well I enjoyed it as much as anyone

I watched Leeds in the 70's win the old First Division playing abysmal stuff.

Grendel

They were playing the best sides in the land not teams around the 2nd tier drop zone

We lack quality players - we will play a flat back 4 next game and hopefully he will learn that way we can grind out more draws and the odd win

johnwillomagic

We started well first 15 minutes and should have been two up - that said don't let that fool you that we created the chances much.

The first goal Hyam switched teams and played a horrendous cross field pass straight to O'Hare - should have scored.
Second chance great ball but their defence switched off Osti should have definitely scored.....

I thought our new forward looked as ineffective as Biamou or Baka up top on his own tbh really didn't notice much difference.
I think with Fadz suspended it changes our plans anyway - have to go 4-3-3 I think.

Marosi
Dabo Osti Hyam McCallum

Hamer James Sheaf

O'Hare Gyokres Biamou

Londonccfcfan

Important not to overreact and wet the bed, but 2 goals in 10.5 hours of play is a real worry. We're not creating much either, yeah we have a couple of good chances early on, but from 10 minutes to the effort from Max at the end, we haven't got near them.

Still, we move on and go again.
I get you. But we did hit the post from keeper partying Ostigard header.

But your right that was it.

cov donkey kick

It was men against boys and we looked like the team we are a just promoted side and showed not a lot of nous, bravery.
Theplayers are in need of an some belief in the plan, and I'm not one to call Robins as he got us promoted twice and would do so again if we drop back down. But at this point the belief, message has to come down to the players from him and viveash as they select players, transfer targets, teams so there responsible for the teams that go out.

Cov kid 55

I think that their 3rd goal in particular should have been saved. He obviously struck it well, but it was a very long way out. Their front 4 were very good. Strong, individually good on the ball, fast, dangerous all the time. However, we still gifted them two goals in the second half, and the first goal was too easy for them. Hyam is looking accident prone, and McCallum had a poor game, and again, looks like he has a misplaced pass in him. I see that Norwich have today bought a left back from a Greek team, not sure what it says about their plans for Sam.

Ostigaard should have scored with the header, I don’t think O’Hare’s chance was as easy as other posters think. He was being closed down by a defender, who wasn’t committing himself. It’s true to say that his finish wasn’t decisive.

I think Paxman’s post wasn’t far off with his summary, we didn’t totally control the first half, but we were the better team, as acknowledged by the commentary team, and should have scored before they did. I am concerned at our defensive frailty, and our continuing lack of goals. We are missing our key injured players, and don’t, unlike the more established clubs in this league, have the strength of depth to cope with key injuries.

So, fourth from bottom will do me fine, and I think we can achieve that.

Tartan Specials

There is a right way and a wrong way to lose a game of football....

That was really really really wrong!
Not as wrong as my way.....I thought the game was tomorrow!! Got some beers in at lunchtime to nicely chill, worked late to get work cleared for a relaxing six o'clock ko.....what could go wrong!! Oh Rotherham just scoring, that's what.

Grendel

How would you approach our goalscoring problem?

It’s a results problem. You set out not to concede - the fact is we draw every game nil nil we’d survive. We will not do that but you’d take it

TomRad85

Marosi
Dabo Østigård Hyam McCallum
Sheaf James
O’Hare Hamer Bapaga
Györkeres

That’s about the best I can do and if anyone’s having an off day we’re fucked.
Looks about right to me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mark82

What if, what if... We're in the middle of a bad spell in a tough league. We've played Rotherham and Wycombe, I believe we're genuinely better than them. We've lost good players to bad injuries but it'll even out and other teams will hit the bad luck button.

And Wednesday. They were bloody awful - worst team we've played so far for me. How they beat us I'll never know. We were poor that day.

Kieranp96

Some terrible mistakes and shit, but for the majority of the season they've been OK, some guy claims ostiguards terrible on the ball in this group, yet 3 weeks ago he was like Messi, one game doesn't give you the right to wipe the player off, another example people hating on Hyam yes he's had a shit game today but a few weeks ago he was fucking phenomenal let's also not forget he was playing in league 2, 3 seasons ago.

Paul O Donoghue

If you forensically analyse Shipley's performances and I had great hopes for him up to now, he dosses his way through matches at an alarming rate lately. Most of Cov's best attacks were up the right wing. McCallum gets very little help from JS on the left and even less defensive cover. I sincerely hope tonight isn't the beginning of a bad run of results because teams under us on the table are beginning to string good results together. I've a fucking headache after watching that match. Reading have some serious individuals for sure, but fannying around with the ball at the back like Cov did was juvenile stuff. Leo has a very poor first touch and how he didn't score that first header is unforgivable. Tonight was worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread