Recent happenings (1 Viewer)

asiaskyblues

I think people are over reacting to this situation.

First, it is off season and the CT need stories, Mr, Gilbert has been feeding us a few lines every day and must be gloating at the reaction he has acheived. What the CT is printing would have been known to SISU and others for awhile now, so please stop getting all flustered over a newspaper story.
Secondly, there will be another twist tomorrow I am sure.

Like every club we all have our ups and downs, look at Leicester or Wimbledon. Then a gain look at Newport who went out of existence.

Of course Nick and the admin staff on here don't do it on purpose but they stoke a lot of wood on the fire by printing everything Gilbert and the CT print. But guys nothing has happened. Everything is proposal this or proposal that. It's gossip, that's all.

Yesterday we had good news about trnsfers, that Mr. Gilbert never seems to tell us, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Yes, we all want the season to start but come on guys let's stop being so damn negative and see this gossip for what it is. Cheap journalism.

asiaskyblues

Well apart from read this CT crap and worry what can people do? Why worry about what might happen when you can't do anything anyway?

The sooner people just see this as a paper story and talk about FOOTBALL the better

North York’s Blue

Is part of the reason that Simon Gilbert doesn't mention transfers is that Andy Turner is the sports writer? although he's been silent as well.

Nick

Administrator
Is part of the reason that Simon Gilbert doesn't mention transfers is that Andy Turner is the sports writer? although he's been silent as well.

The campaign also resulted in Gilbert becoming the only regional newspaper journalist in the country to be shortlisted in the Sports Journalist of the Year category at the 2014 British Journalism Awards.

Si80

Which makes you wonder what is going on then seeing as sports isn't even mentioned in Simon's Twitter profile...
And when you find out he doesn't even play football at a weekend but plays another game instead

Ian1779

At the end of the day the CET are the cheapest PR firm that Wasps will ever hire.

clint van damme

First, it is off season and the CT need stories, Mr, Gilbert has been feeding us a few lines every day and must be gloating at the reaction he has acheived. What the CT is printing would have been known to SISU and others for awhile now, so please stop getting all flustered over a newspaper story.

Like every club we all have our ups and downs, look at Leicester or Wimbledon. Then a gain look at Newport who went out of existence.

Of course Nick and the admin staff on here don't do it on purpose but they stoke a lot of wood on the fire by printing everything Gilbert and the CT print. But guys nothing has happened. Everything is proposal this or proposal that. It's gossip, that's all.

Yesterday we had good news about trnsfers, that Mr. Gilbert never seems to tell us, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Yes, we all want the season to start but come on guys let's stop being so damn negative and see this gossip for what it is. Cheap journalism.

to summarise, we're all over reacting, however, as Newport have proven clubs do go out of business.
And ignore the papers, it's all gossip, apart from yesterdays positive story about transfers.

Gint11

In my finest Australian accent - Mate your dreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlewood CCFC

agreed, people on here just love a good moan and would rather talk about shite that gets printed in the telegraph than football.

armybike

The campaign also resulted in Gilbert becoming the only regional newspaper journalist in the country to be shortlisted in the Sports Journalist of the Year category at the 2014 British Journalism Awards.

In the interest of balance -

"COVENTRY Observer journalist Les Reid has been shortlisted in two categories at the prestigious UK-wide Regional Press Awards.

Les was shortlisted by judges for Weekly Reporter of the Year and Sports Reporter of the Year. A ceremony takes place in London on Friday (May 20)."

I bet Steve Carpenter was chuffed!

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/journalist-les-reid-shortlisted-twice-national-press-awards/

Users who are viewing this thread