Recommendation for a Right Ripping Steak (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

Yes, I know, this is a Good Housekeeping Magazine-esque thread, but still, do we all enjoy a good steak?

Aldi/Lidl Sirloins and Rib-Eyes are exceedingly good, and modestly priced (something like £3.60 for a juicy bit of Sirloin) - fried in butter, seasoned, served with curly fries and mushrooms.

Orgasmic man food. :D

Nick

Administrator
Kangaroo Fillet from My Protein!

11125162-5094312234258803.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, if you didn't know what meat it was you wouldn't mind. A nice change too!

I got a good steak in tesco from 11 to 4, melted in the mouth!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Yeah, if you didn't know what meat it was you wouldn't mind. A nice change too!

I got a good steak in tesco from 11 to 4, melted in the mouth!

Recently I've stopped using supermarkets for meat and instead use a local butcher. It is a little more expensive but the quality is generally far better. Also the market or farm shops for vegetables. Plus there is a bit of banter with the staff and you are supporting local enterprise.

Nick

Administrator
Recently I've stopped using supermarkets for meat and instead use a local butcher. It is a little more expensive but the quality is generally far better. Also the market or farm shops for vegetables. Plus there is a bit of banter with the staff and you are supporting local enterprise.
I went into a butcher to get some diced chicken, asked for a fivers worth and the bag he handed to me was tiny.

With some you don't get much value for money, that's why people use supermarkets

skybluejelly

Joseph Morris in rugby is pretty good there t bones are huge and work out about £8 each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

I went into a butcher to get some diced chicken, asked for a fivers worth and the bag he handed to me was tiny.

With some you don't get much value for money, that's why people use supermarkets

Depends if your comparing like for like though don't it?

Obviously you can buy the water-inflated, hormone injected, 10,000 per shed, never see the light of day, factory-farmed chicken that has been shipped all the way from Brazil & is already 3 weeks old before it even hits the supermarket shelves for next to nothing.....

....whereas the free-range locally produced organic chicken will rightly cost you 5 times as much.....

...you pays yer money, you takes yer choice...

Ranjit Bhurpa

There's good and bad everywhere Nick, we were lucky to find a good one. Each to their own and all that.

mechaishida

Aubrey Allen's our name
Sausage and bacon our game
We've got all kinds of meat
That you're wanting to eat
Aubrey Allen

Ah, the old radio jingle.

Funnily, one of my mates used to use 'Aubreys' as a euphemism for tits, as in: ''Ooh I'd smash the Aubreys off THAT"

It was funny, but I dunno why.

lordsummerisle

Aubrey Allen's our name
Sausage and bacon our game
We've got all kinds of meat
That you're wanting to eat
Aubrey Allen

Aren't they Allens Taxis too?

"Allen's Taxis, 55555
Allen's Taxis, 55555
Allen's Taxis, 55555

You dial, we drive"

When the phone numbers all changed a few years ago, a very hasty "76" was inserted at tghe start of the number.

Didn't scan nearly as well.

mechaishida

Ok, this isn't a steak recommendation, it's a chicken-based warning:

I had Farmfoods 'Chinese Chicken' fillets for tea last night, and I kid you not, it was as if some dastardly fucker had poured a bottle of Gaviscon over 'em. Literally had to scrape the aniseed Hell off my tongue.

So, fair warning, avoid it.

ccfcno9

Frank Parkers Nuneaton, top butchers their rump steak is better than M&S fillet IMO. They do great sausage too, they was supplying the Dorchester Hotel with them, I'm not sure if they still do. order online (cooking tips there) or go to shop its always busy if that means anything

Users who are viewing this thread