Refereeing at the World Cup (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Starting to annoy me now. Players hacking each other, referee awarding free kick but no booking - so players continuing to do it. Happened in Uruguay game (mainly Saudis) and Iran players doing the same. Referees need to get a grip, as it is starting to spoil it for me.

wingy

Starting to annoy me now. Players hacking each other, referee awarding free kick but no booking - so players continuing to do it. Happened in Uruguay game (mainly Saudis) and Iran players doing the same. Referees need to get a grip, as it is starting to spoil it for me.
Disagree ,especially this game up to now
Spain being exposed as serial Feigners!! B-)

SkyBlueSoul

I thought the same in the Portugal Morocco game. Guerreiro was kicking anyone who came near him and after one foul the ref pulled him up and pointed out the other FOUR he’d committed. Then told him the next was a yellow!

Sky Blue Harry H

Disagree ,especially this game up to now
Spain being exposed as serial Feigners!! B-)

Keep watching Wingy - you will come around to my way of thinking! Refs can make a difference by setting an example. It may suit England as at this rate half of the flair players will be out injured by the knockout stages.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Same the other night In the England game
Booked Walker for the foul for the pen but I can’t remember a Tunisia player being booked despite constant fouling!

xcraigx

Has anyone been booked for diving yet in this tournament? There's been some shocking cheating going on and I can't recall seeing anyone punished for it yet.

xcraigx

Just ticking's off I think.

Which means that it just continues because the players know there's nothing to lose by trying it on. I just can't get my head around it. It's cheating, pure and simple and needs eradicating from the game but officials do not seem interested.

Sky Blue Harry H

Which means that it just continues because the players know there's nothing to lose by trying it on. I just can't get my head around it. It's cheating, pure and simple and needs eradicating from the game but officials do not seem interested.
Agree - it's the same as the full back constantly hacking down the winger. If the ref is only ever going to give a free kick, he'll keep doing it. The Saudis were kicking Cavani all over the place earlier - and in the middle of the park players seem to be scythed down as they are breaking away and it completely slows the game down - yet nowt but a free kick.

Users who are viewing this thread