Refugees welcome? (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

The Lurker driving a cab!

[video=youtube;db7LGAeNFNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7LGAeNFNQ[/video]

martcov

Seems like the Germans have had enough already. They're reintroducing border patrols. Fucked themselves and their neighbouring countries up a right treat here.

1. They, the Germans, cannot cope - at the moment ( official reason ) 2. They are putting pressure on others such as Hungary and their Eastern friends to take a quota (unofficial reason ) 3. Inside the coalition, Merkel has to appease her sister party the CSU which represents the country people of Bavaria. Not all Bavaria - The mayor of Munich, ( SPD ) wants to help the refugees and has said no-one is going to sleep under bridges in his city, but he needs resources and others must share the burden.

There is resistance in some parts of the country, but there is also support for Merkel and the humanitarian action of helping war refugees. Whatever the future holds, there are some people who have the decency to help people fleeing a war zone. The arguments of so called "black and Muslim crime" are not the issue when someone needing help arrives on your doorstep. That can be discussed objectively at a later date.

The right ( including neo Nazis ) is pouring out information to frighten people - even e.g. old news videos of salafists fighting with police in Frankfurt and passing them off as Islamic refugees.

ISIS lives from terror. I am not surprised that they claim to have smuggled thousands of terrorists into Europe. I don't believe it though ( Maybe some, but they could use forged passports or slip over borders anyway if they wanted to ). It is their "job" to instil fear and create panic in the West, hence the name "terrorists". Fuck them. Just look at the twats who join them - what for? flash vehicles, guns, sex slaves...? Very pious. They can only fuck themselves medium to long term.

Propaganda and racism are rife on Facebook and social networks - but, do not forget that the refugees are desperate and leaving a war zone ( even if some are from camps ) where there is no future and going home ( from the camps ) means death. The prospect of sitting in a camp waiting for better days counts as a reason for leaving.

Some ( from the comfort of their key boards ) say they should stay and fight for their country... Fight for Assad, ISIS, FSA, Al Quaida type groups or our sponsored ( but ineffective ) groups? Who drew up the the synthetic boundaries of their country - which are at the root of some of these problems - anyway? We did ( along with the French ) after WW1! Now we call them terrorists or economic migrants because, we, after messing up their countries and " liberating " Iraq and Libya by bombing them, caused them to flee.

We supported or tolerated the despots in this area for years - and still do..

The least we can do is treat the war refugees with respect and help them. It is called "common decency".

Gazolba

I can guarantee you one thing, the more welcome you make them feel and the more generous you are to them, the more that will come. It won't end at one million and it won't end at 10 million. So if you are prepared for this and its inevitable consequences, by all means welcome them.

Sick Boy

I can guarantee you one thing, the more welcome you make them feel and the more generous you are to them, the more that will come. It won't end at one million and it won't end at 10 million. So if you are prepared for this and its inevitable consequences, by all means welcome them.

You make them sound like vermin.

Otis

Just wonder how people would feel if it was say, Canadians. The same amount of people, but Canadians coming over? Would there be any hoo-ha at all?

lewys33

Just wonder how people would feel if it was say, Canadians. The same amount of people, but Canadians coming over? Would there be any hoo-ha at all?

Whenever people have argued with me on this subject I have asked a similar question. Funnily enough they never answer and revert back to their suiting their own agenda.

lewys33

The amount of social media propaganda on this subject is unreal. It scares me how people are quite happy to share something and instantly believe it/use it as evidence.

A popular one is that this is a ploy by ISIS to bring all their "soldiers" over to Europe. Of course nobody has thought about this though, and the first David Cameron heard about it was when Farage re-tweeted a picture of an ISIS soldier in the crowd of refugees .............

I always try to ask people to take a step back and think what they would do in that situation, which generally comes back to "I would fight for my country just like my granddad did!" which is all well and good if this situation was anything like the previous world wars. This is not. At the end of the day you what you feel is the best option for you/your family.

Ultimately I think it is an issue because they are muslim. It is nothing to do with being "too PC" either because I seriously doubt these people would have a problem if it was a country from the west.

lewys33

Just been reading the lurker's posts. Speechless. I bet he shares all the "Britain First" posts on Facebook.

Captain Dart

What about that Carney bloke?

ajsccfc

I particularly liked the amount of 'I'm not being racist, but' where you know what's coming.

With the Canadian influx, I'm voting yes for poutine but no to Nickelback.

Last edited:

Colin1883

[MENTION=5800]martcov[/MENTION]... It's a shame that you don't understand that is have alreadydeclared their intentions, being an historical 'kingdom' you will be surprised how far into northern Europe territories the caliphate spread

armybike

Headline - Officials warn 20,000 ISIS jihadis 'have infiltrated Syrian refugee camps'

**Right, time to hit the panic button! Close the borders. Send them all back**

Basis of headline - “My gut feeling is they (IS) are facilitating such an operation. To go to Europe and other places... From Turkey to Greece,” Mr Bou Saab said.

“You may have, let’s say, 2% that could be radicals. That is more than enough. We have had that also with our camps here - you find 2-3% of them.”

**Oh, eeerrrrr so basically just guess work then**

martcov

[MENTION=5800]martcov[/MENTION]... It's a shame that you don't understand that is have alreadydeclared their intentions, being an historical 'kingdom' you will be surprised how far into northern Europe territories the caliphate spread

I was sarcastically pointing out that leaders putting out a target in the hope of uniting their followers, is a long way from actually acheiving ( or even actually wanting to acheive ) the said Target. E.g. Where is our new stadium? I don't believe ISIS. It is as simple als that. Their Main weapon seems to be fear and that could be because, apart from total crazy dickheads, they don't have enough support to start a massive European campaign. They will at some time make a deal to keep as much of what they have gained as possible - meaning money power sex-slaves oil land etc.. (Imo)

skybluetony176

Just been reading the lurker's posts. Speechless. I bet he shares all the "Britain First" posts on Facebook.

It's amazing who falls for them and similar posts from other like minded organisations. My boss who is an intelligent,successful businessman said to me yesterday look at this on facebook it's about refugees in Greece waiving IS flags, so I leaned over to look and they were Syrian flags. That's Syria the arch enemy of IS. There was another one a mate put up and side by side were two photos apparently of the same man, one as a refugee the other as an IS fighter. Now I've got eyes and I could see that they were completely different men with a quick glance and my wife said straight away that this was a hoax and the IS fighter on the left was a confirmed kill from a drone strike last year.

People really should stop and think before spreading this nonsense.

Macca

I would imagine there would still be concerns but less so because of the cultural similarities

Sick Boy

It fails to amaze me that people are so thick to fall for racist propaganda. First it was the Jews, then the blacks, then the Irish, the Asians, Eastern Europeans and now Muslims.

I wonder who will be next?

Sick Boy

While ignoring the fact that Britain has only spared around 22 counties in the world from invasion.

Anyone would think that there has never been migration out of this country and that Britain is a beacon of peace.

Macca

While ignoring the fact that Britain has only spared around 22 counties in the world from invasion.

Anyone would think that there has never been migration out of this country and that Britain is a beacon of peace.

Granted but this is largely in the past. I do struggle to understand the loathing of this country by its citizens despite being one of the safest and most free places you could wish to live in a troubled world

Sick Boy

Granted but this is largely in the past. I do struggle to understand the loathing of this country by its citizens despite being one of the safest and most free places you could wish to live in a troubled world

If you come from a people who have misery and suffering inflicted on you by the British then you are not likely to forget. If you oppress people then they don't forgive just because it is in the past.

It's like saying not to be bitter or angry with the Nazis because it was in the past.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't loathe Britain but do think there is a great deal of hypocrisy in the attitudes some have towards other parts of the world.

Brighton Sky Blue

tbf, the ruling party would agree with the division and the loathing part at least ;)

If there's anything I've learned here it's that threatening to call a referendum is a good way to settle a dispute. I'm surprised Pressley didn't try it more when he was here.

Macca

Sick Boy I respect your posts as one of the more constructive members of the forum but you appear to be turning into the left wing version of Lurker ;-)

I would say 90% of my mates would be in favour of the abolition of the Monarchy. I haven't heard that they have yet been imprisoned in the tower or hung for treason. Unless you are female and over 60 I'm not sure anyone could care less about what the House of Kraut are up to!

Users who are viewing this thread