...replays suggested Vincelot was narrowly onside... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

Just read this on the BBC website:

"...
Burton had claimed offside for the winning goal, but replays suggested Vincelot was narrowly onside."

All the replays I saw he looked blatantly offside, but then they only really focused on the tiny touch he had on the goal line and not where he was when the ball hit Martin.

What is the consensus? was it onside?

Otherwise a fairly good performance I thought
PUSB

st john

Just read this on the BBC website:

"...
Burton had claimed offside for the winning goal, but replays suggested Vincelot was narrowly onside."

All the replays I saw he looked blatantly offside, but then they only really focused on the tiny touch he had on the goal line and not where he was when the ball hit Martin.

What is the consensus? was it onside?

Otherwise a fairly good performance I thought
PUSB

I thought he was onside when the ball was played in, the replays of him tapping it in looked bad but he was always behind the ball.

stupot07

Onside..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

I don't think the lino saw the touch and got the decision right by fluke.

I agree there is no way he would have worked out he was tracking him - he just didn't see it.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

I don't think the lino saw the touch and got the decision right by fluke.

bang on the money if he had banged it in the flag would have gone up the lino will no doubt claim he saw it all perfectly in the report. this one went for us the one at Walsall went against us think this will be a reoccurring theme of the season as long as we get our share of the decision it shouldn't be to bad

Hobo

PVA you are the sort of person when a defender scores with skill, or a linesman gets a decision right; it is a fluke...when they get it wrong they are shit.

Lets be honest you have no idea what the linesman saw. I would say nobody put a case forward of Vincelot not touching the ball it was pretty clear.

PVA

PVA you are the sort of person when a defender scores with skill, or a linesman gets a decision right; it is a fluke...when they get it wrong they are shit.

Lets be honest you have no idea what the linesman saw. I would say nobody put a case forward of Vincelot not touching the ball it was pretty clear.

Chill out, it's a game of opinions

I don't think the lino saw the touch, it all happened very quickly and you're right I don't know what the linesman saw but in my opinion he didn't see Vincelot's touch and would have flagged if he saw it.

pusbccfc

Would have been very annoyed if it was offside. I suppose it is natural to get the ball in the net, but he should have left it.

Anyone with Martin anytime goalscorer will be furious.

CJ_covblaze

bang on the money if he had banged it in the flag would have gone up the lino will no doubt claim he saw it all perfectly in the report. this one went for us the one at Walsall went against us think this will be a reoccurring theme of the season as long as we get our share of the decision it shouldn't be to bad

Lucky or not it was an excellent decision from the Lino today. The Walsall one was the right decision. The player didn't attempt to play the ball. New rules (which are complete bollocks imo) say he's on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lucky or not it was an excellent decision from the Lino today. The Walsall one was the right decision. The player didn't attempt to play the ball. New rules (which are complete bollocks imo) say he's on.
Even if you don't attempt to play the ball, he's still off if he's deemed to be obstructing an opponent. I still think there was a fair case to say the Walsall player was obstructing Burge that day.

rupert_bear

A fantastic decision fr both the linesman and referee would have been easy to have flagged under pressure from the home defenders I think the linesman did see it or he would have given the benefit of doubt to the defence.

Hobo

Chill out, it's a game of opinions

I don't think the lino saw the touch, it all happened very quickly and you're right I don't know what the linesman saw but in my opinion he didn't see Vincelot's touch and would have flagged if he saw it.

He wouldn't flag if he knew Vincent was level or behind Martin when Martin played the ball towards goal which was the case and the linesman was in the best position to see that.

Steve.B50

From where we were standing it looked offside at the the time but told via others that Sky had confirmed it was onside and right to stand.

Nick

Administrator
From where we were standing it looked offside at the the time but told via others that Sky had confirmed it was onside and right to stand.
When it was slowed right down it is onside, as it happened I thought it was miles off!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep Vincelot just onside, marginal but right decision made. Looks miles off to begin with as Vincelot is basically on the line when he scores.

BackRoomRummermill

Yes bollocks to if it was on or off side , we won and for once we lucked out , I am more fascinated about what colour of my next piss is going to be than this

wingy

I think the Op's hypothesis is Off as Vincelots touch was very obvious In fact I think he actually looked across for the flag before poking It In, which IMO was necessary as It may not have made It over the line or even gone wide.B-)

letsallsingtogether

If you look at where the Lino was he was on the goal line in the perfect position to see the play.

Not a fluke just a good call for a good goal....

PUSB

skyblue1991

Not being funny but am I the only person who thought that was offside?

Ball comes in and Martin (onside) touches it to goal but as he touches it Vincelot looks to be offside? Vincelot gets the final touch of the ball.

Explain if I am incorrect please :)

Users who are viewing this thread