Retained List (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

All good news.
It suggests Doug his getting his wallet out to invest in the team

Sky_Blue_Daz

Does the fact that they’ve let Rose go mean agreements have been made with Doyle and mcnally , although we still need another CB

San Francisco

Where the bloody hell we going to replace Hamers 12 goals from midfield? Hamers goalscoring stats are better than 95% than of the strikers in the division.
Ohare and Palmer will really have step up.

If O’Hare could hit the target he’d be Championship top scorer.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Think we need another CM who can understudy the Hamer/Hamer replacement role. Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly are all quite similar in role.

I’d also get an AM in on a loan until Jan just to give O’Hare and Palmer a chance to build up fitness.
Would agree with all of that. Mine was more the very minimum I think we would need.

Otis

You would hope Burroughs and Howley would kick on this coming season would'nt you.

Haven't seen much of Howley, but Jack Burroughs, I do rate.

NorthernWisdom

You would hope Burroughs and Howley would kick on this coming season would'nt you.

Haven't seen much of Howley, but Jack Burroughs, I do rate.
I'd be slightly concerned for Burroughs's future given he vanished completely from the squad however. Surely with every other wing back bar Bidwell sodding off, if he's not in the squad now he needs to move on for his own career's sake.

Tommo1993

Does the fact that they’ve let Rose go mean agreements have been made with Doyle and mcnally , although we still need another CB

No chance. I’d love to tie Doyle down on a permanent deal, but the guy is undoubtedly destined for a very good career

Otis

I'd be slightly concerned for Burroughs's future given he vanished completely from the squad however. Surely with every other wing back bar Bidwell sodding off, if he's not in the squad now he needs to move on for his own career's sake.
Yeah, but he could start off on a short term loan,.and if he did really well, he could then come back into the fold.

South West Sky Blue

I know this may come across as insensitive, unpopular and critical - it isn't meant to be.....
I'm glad Kelly has been offered a deal. However he has obviously not signed yet. Seemingly everyone here was understandably critical of the club for giving him his last contract, considering injuries. I have no ITK knowledge, but it was thought to be a decent wedge.

I hope this (deserved offer) isn't too expensive on the club, or is maybe appearance related. Nothing to say there's any hold up on it being signed, but I'd reconsider keeping Kelly if it meant paying wages akin to Hamer or CoH. That's despite his form since Blackburn.
Bit harsh??

fernandopartridge

I know this may come across as insensitive, unpopular and critical - it isn't meant to be.....
I'm glad Kelly has been offered a deal. However he has obviously not signed yet. Seemingly everyone here was understandably critical of the club for giving him his last contract, considering injuries. I have no ITK knowledge, but it was thought to be a decent wedge.

I hope this (deserved offer) isn't too expensive on the club, or is maybe appearance related. Nothing to say there's any hold up on it being signed, but I'd reconsider keeping Kelly if it meant paying wages akin to Hamer or CoH. That's despite his form since Blackburn.
Bit harsh??
I think it's a fair point, Kelly's injury record is not good at all

bigfatronssba

No chance. I’d love to tie Doyle down on a permanent deal, but the guy is undoubtedly destined for a very good career

Is getting him on loan for another season out of the question?

Flying Fokker

Not too sure we can start throwing more money at CoH just yet.
Haven’t got a clue these guys are on. Maybe try and increase the wages and extend the deal to 2 years. Failing that, take the first reasonable offer and a couple of loanees for nothing. Leicester fans want them.

skybluepm2

Bit harsh??

Spot on. It may well be on reduced terms or appearance related, which, given his injury issues in past 2 years wouldn’t be out of the question. His leadership qualities and calmness are there for all to see, and that aspect would be difficult to replace, as it would be with Fadz. I’m so glad he’s had the run of games which helped get us over the line and to the brink of glory, coinciding with Sheaf being injured. He stepped up massively.

Would also be good to have some continuity in midfield (particularly given the churn in defence and up top), which if Hamer stayed, would be very strong. Hoping Eccles can go from strength to strength next year too.

Alkhen

Is getting him on loan for another season out of the question?

No but rare, I'd imagine they would look up a level or into Europe for experience.

That said I reckon we must be pretty high up the queue for other Man City prospects now.

Doyle was basically ever present and JWE got some decent minutes

steve101

No but rare, I'd imagine they would look up a level or into Europe for experience.

That said I reckon we must be pretty high up the queue for other Man City prospects now.

Doyle was basically ever present and JWE got some decent minutes
I think Wilson-Esbrand will be disappointed with his game time.

Alkhen

I think Wilson-Esbrand will be disappointed with his game time.
Maybe but he did have some good runs in the squad, think he was unlucky as for the last 5 or so matches because we needed the more pragmatic Bidwell. I'd imagine Man City would factor that in, along with it being his first half a season in men's football. BNC and Doyle both had a lot more experience than him.

Genuinely think he will do well in the championship next year wherever he goes (if not us) it can take a while to adjust and make the transition from the Youth/reserve game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread