Retained List (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

If Palmer's going to take until January to build up fitness again, then I'd maybe be looking to cash in and replace!

Well you can’t loan for any less!

Depends how we want to play, but no O’Hare until October or so in all likelihood, so we’d need another for at least a few months. Not replacing him really hamstrung us this season.

Hertsccfc

Well you can’t loan for any less!

Depends how we want to play, but no O’Hare until October or so in all likelihood, so we’d need another for at least a few months. Not replacing him really hamstrung us this season.
Do you really see O'Hare being back by October? I think that Acl's are usually at least 12 months off and he did it on Boxing Day.

RegTheDonk

That's a bloody big broom, I just wonder what the expectations will be seeing as how close we came to glory ... but now half starting from scratch next year.

mmttww

Not that surprised. He's been good the last few weeks and is an influence in the dressing room. Relatively low cost squad player I'd imagine.
Agreed. He dragged us to that final. You keep that kind of leader around in a season where the squad is going to change so much. Bloke is so mentally tough I swear I saw him smile while walking up to take his penalty. Bonus if he does another year.

Evo1883

That's a bloody big broom, I just wonder what the expectations will be seeing as how close we came to glory ... but now half starting from scratch next year.
Well the expectations are that the players coming in will be of a higher standard than what's gone .. so the side should be better

Hobo

TBF would the list be much different if we'd of gone up? Maybe Kelly would be gone, but that's about it.

Just the recruitment more difficult.

RegTheDonk

Well the expectations are that the players coming in will be of a higher standard than what's gone .. so the side should be better
I really hope so Evo, if the new lad is to replace or start ahead of Bidwell that only really leaves Faz from a back line that helped keep so many clean sheets. I know they were loans so changes have to be made, I just hope people don't expect us to carry on where we left off, 1 loss in 18 or something wasn't it, can see the pressure if we don't gel straight away.

Evo1883

I really hope so Evo, if the new lad is to replace or start ahead of Bidwell that only really leaves Faz from a back line that helped keep so many clean sheets. I know they were loans so changes have to be made, I just hope people don't expect us to carry on where we left off, 1 loss in 18 or something wasn't it, can see the pressure if we don't gel straight away.
If vik goes I'm hoping it burnley , I'd like us to negotiate for mcnally

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Lusala, Costello, Cashman.

And if any one will take them (as their under contract) I'd look to offload Reid, Moore and Allen.
As they're all under contract why release them and have to pay up their contracts now when we need to finance a massive squad rebuild?

We may well be looking to find them new clubs, either permanent or on loan, but if we've got to pay them anyway we may as well have them available.

NorthernWisdom

As they're all under contract why release them and have to pay up their contracts now when we need to finance a massive squad rebuild?

We may well be looking to find them new clubs, either permanent or on loan, but if we've got to pay them anyway we may as well have them available.
We only gave Allen a new contract last month! He's obviously in the manager's plans, as he should be!

SkyBlueSam01

Yep. Robins said nine months at the time:

Usually clinically ready for return to play at 9 months, but research shows every month you delay return to play after 9 month significantly reduces chance of re-rupture. Factor in getting up to true match fitness and Xmas-new year looks most likely.

slowpoke

Let’s be honest about Liam Kelly since he came back in the team he’s been arguably our best midfield player or just behind Hamer who has played better too, he’s ideal on the bench as back-up, get rid we have to find a replacement

shmmeee

Usually clinically ready for return to play at 9 months, but research shows every month you delay return to play after 9 month significantly reduces chance of re-rupture. Factor in getting up to true match fitness and Xmas-new year looks most likely.

Definitely need an AM in on at least short term loan then IMO.

Mucca Mad Boys

Definitely need an AM in on at least short term loan then IMO.

Agreed. It depends on Hamer’s situation. It’s likely that AM signing is likely to be a loanee or a development player.

Personally, I’d like to see us play with two strikers next season. Two dynamic strikers could be lethal in the way that we set up.

Users who are viewing this thread