Richard Shaw (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0,,10367~8750691,00.jpg

Currently assistant manager at Millwall and has apparently applied for the City hot-seat anyone planning on singing the Richard Shaw chant on Saturday? :p

Last edited:

Disorganised1

Grand bloke ~ normally I'd say yes, but Andy Thorn is earning his chance at the moment.

Paxman II

This is great. A legend for being a good player for this club for a decade or so but he is still cutting teeth and as with mark Robins looks suspiciously like agent work keeping his profile up and maybe hoping for a call as an assistant at best.

Expect more of the same between now and the summer recess.

Is there any respect at all for the players and the current manager Thorn who are currently doing a dam fine job?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Richard Shaw - Absolute Legend for the club! Always gave his best and never afraid of a good tackle! Love the bloke! Was with us for years and deserves a great welcome from the fans!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
The dreadlocked legend himself ! I adore this bloke... he's a legend for the club... keep it that way, dont give him the job !

ccfctommy

Makes no sence whatsoever to even consider Shaw.

Oh and City legend? Decent player good servant and nice bloke, but a legend?

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, legend. In the modern era there are very few players who stay at a club so long, as he did with both us an Palace. Played in several positions without moaning, model pro, quality bloke. But I wouldn't want him as manager, and certainly not ahead of Thorn. I admire him for wanting it, though.

SkyBlueScottie

He is apparently highly rated, Thorn however is currently in the job until the end of the season and is making a decent fist of getting it on a ful time basis.

Walking Bird

Not sure about manager, however will always remember him as one of the best man markers i've seen. For season after season never saw Giggs in his prime outpaced in a challenge by anybody better than Shaw. :claping hands:

hamil99

Facebook User
Shaw is a role model to any youngster in the game, determination, grit, and loyalty, just a few of his shining characteristics! Wud love to see him as a coach or an assistant to thorn, and maybe in the future as a possible manager! Wouldn't want thorn or Harrison to loose their jobs at the moment though, and I don't think he'd leave an assistants job at millwall for anything else but a managers position!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember one of the best goals I ever saw at HR. City v Arsenal. Ian Wright collected the ball from the halfway line and totally blitzed the City midfield and defence. The last defender was Richard Shaw. No chance. Wrighty passed him as if he wasn't there! Bang. What a goal! Apart from that, Shaw was one of the best!

Nick

Administrator
Isn't Shaw a Millwall fan?

I remember when we played them in the cup he went around clapping the City fans :)

Users who are viewing this thread