Richie Evatt (1 Viewer)

Real

I don't know if any of you ever got to see Richie box live or on the t.v. but he really was awesome. If it wasn't for outside influences I think he quite possibly could have won a world title. I've had it confirmed by a credible source that the news of his death is sadly true. It was awful seeing him on the streets in the state he was, trying to get odd jobs just to put a few quid in his pocket, a far cry from when he was sponsored by the Daily Star and had a brand new 4x4. Rest In Peace lad.

[video=youtube;3weJAZGyJCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weJAZGyJCc[/video]

LastGarrison

Anyone know the full details yet? Hearing something about him coming out of hospital, slipping and banging his head?

Wouldn't say I knew Rich very well but always had a chat to him when I seen him and I always found him sound although many others may disagree.

One thing you couldn't argue with the fucker could bang. Which I've seen in and out the ring a few times.

Anyone know the full details yet? Hearing something about him coming out of hospital, slipping and banging his head?

Wouldn't say I knew Rich very well but always had a chat to him when I seen him and I always found him sound although many others may disagree.

One thing you couldn't argue with the fucker could bang. Which I've seen in and out the ring a few times.

thats what i heard , he discharged himself after the bang and then found dead

must admit when i heard i did think overdose

LastGarrison

Yeah Wyken lad. I was good friends with one of his sisters growing up and lived next door to another for a few years.

Like I say I always found him a good lad. His loss against Junior Jones was his best known fight and one he could have and probably should have won. His life probably would have taken a totally different path if he had.

Shame.

LastGarrison

I can't see anything about this on the net. Anyone got any links?

No official stories but supposedly all over Facebook and other such sites.

I started getting texts about midday when the Wyken Telegraph got into full flow.

ccfctommy

Yeah Wyken lad. I was good friends with one of his sisters growing up and lived next door to another for a few years.

Like I say I always found him a good lad. His loss against Junior Jones was his best known fight and one he could have and probably should have won. His life probably would have taken a totally different path if he had.

Shame.

Yes I remember watching that when I was a kid. He came to the ring in a City shirt and had tiger print hair.

I think it was an undercard to a Prince Naseem fight although I could be wrong.

RIP (if true of course).

Real

I posted the YouTube video on my facebook but only after I had it confirmed from two separate sources, one was a boxing coach I know, and the other said he'd spoken to Richie's mum.

From what I'm told he'd gotten involved in a fight and suffered a huge heart attack, which isn't the biggest surprise considering the things he's been known to get up to socially. He wouldn't have been every bodies cup of tea, especially in drink, but it was a real shame to see what he'd become considering the athlete and talent that he was.

Real

It's manslaughter at best. Two guys had a fight, one goes to hospital and signs himself out and is found dead later on, no way that is murder.

kdrinkell

Old bloke at work said he asked him for some spare change last month,sad to see such a fall from grace and then this
RIP

Users who are viewing this thread