Rickie Lambert (2 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

I'm in, now if we can get 10,000 others to take Malkit up on it and the club announce season ticket prices of £500 the club can go out and sign Lambert on the strength of Malkit's £5,000,000.

cloughie

Rickie Lambert is not going to join us. You're an idiot if you think there is any chance of it happening. Happy to buy you all season tickets if he signs and i'm proven wrong :)

I am in for that thank you........... should it happen

You must be richer than grendull

Paxman II

If there were any truth to this I don't feel Lambert has the game for us and our style of play. At 34 I wouldn't want to pin too much hope on him being the guy to get us up. There be some sharper prospects out there yet.

Hobo

Joe Cole Mark 2.
Good player in his day.

covcity4life

dont care if hes 34, think he could be worth it in the tudgay fortune role at least. depends on wages though

i think its time to stop calling joe cole a failure. if you rate his season its been a 6 or a 7. hes hardly caused cov to go on losing run

LB87ccfc

Would score alot more goals than the likes of fortune henderson and tugay and is around the same age, if their is a chance, id take him all day in this league.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can't see him signing but I couldn't see Joe Cole signing either. Sometimes with players it's not the age it's the miles in the legs players who start a bit later tend to carry on a bit longer and players that start at 16 can hit it a bit sooner.

Captain Dart

I can't see him signing but I couldn't see Joe Cole signing either. Sometimes with players it's not the age it's the miles in the legs players who start a bit later tend to carry on a bit longer and players that start at 16 can hit it a bit sooner.

Fawk, by that logic Messi is almost spent! :)

steve82

Cannot see how everyone's thinking there is a chance this deal could happen or even work well for us.
Yes we signed Joe Cole, a remarkable signing for a league 1 club but he came to us, villa let him go 18 months after he signed on a free and only played 16 games. Leaving with 6 months left on his deal at villa.
Rickie lambert was signed 12 months ago for 3 million, west brom surely won't wave good bye to that and pay the rest of his 12 months on his deal to let him go. That would mean we'd have to pay a fee and him choose to leave his current 12 months contract or west brom agree to fund it. All highly unlikely.
Grant holt, is a similar sort of player and at the same stage of his career, he's not setting the world alight in this division is he.
We need to move away from these type of players, 12 months time we will be looking again for yet another solution.
Add the fact you would have to change the way a team sets up and plays to suit his strengths, just for 12 months. It's not exactly building a strong foundation to build for the long term.

Last edited:

ms639

I suppose the same people that say no to Lambert are also those that 12 months ago would have said no to Bradley Dack as he wasn't a big name.

What a stupid statement to make, Dack is 22 and Lambert 34 the 2 scenarios aren't even comparable

Ian1779

What a stupid statement to make, Dack is 22 and Lambert 34 the 2 scenarios aren't even comparable

I'm not referring to age. I don't think age has anything to do with a players capability to influence a football match.

Hobo

If you are going to dine on stale bread at least have some decent soup to dip it into.

ms639

I'm not referring to age. I don't think age has anything to do with a players capability to influence a football match.

I'm sure it does actually I think it's safde to say that in general when a player reaches the age of 34 he is less influential on a football game than younger players. I'd imagine if you collated the data a players ability to influence games declines as he reaches a certain age

ajsccfc

I'd have thought it's more the other way and the older a player is the more influential they can be, it's just that physical capabilities wane.

Users who are viewing this thread