ricoh grows in value......according to wasps (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Yeah, what Nick said, it was known long in advance, it was hardly a large walk up on the day.

You just throw random stuff in, it's like arguing with my missus, but without the risk of not getting my shirts ironed.

You need to read what I was replying to.

stupot07

I got it from what you said, but it was 30 minutes ago so you've probably changed your mind now.

The Council and Wasps don't read the plan that way, Wasps have said they estimate the crowd, they wouldn't need to if it was all football matches.
He's just took the headline and not actually read the document lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If you could be bothered to read the comment I was replying too he said it was a football match so Wasps could assume it was under 10,000.

He said:

I got it from what you said, but it was 30 minutes ago so you've probably changed your mind now.

The Council and Wasps don't read the plan that way, Wasps have said they estimate the crowd, they wouldn't need to if it was all football matches.

If you had bothered to understand his comment you would have seen what was meant.

stupot07

223dcaa297c869ae369e14c3233dddd5.jpg

stupot07

Likely to exceed is all they need then ?
We've only exceeded 10k 3 times this season (notts county, stoke fa cup and thr offer/10k free ticket game), in fact those 3 games are the only ones that were more than 9k.even with the 28k game our average attendance this season is less than 9k in the league and will be even lower if you factor in thr JPT and FA cup games.

'Unlikely' to exceed is more likely than 'likely'. I wonder what their real motive is £££££

bfdb138c498cfbbc1910b66d64bbd775.jpg
95877ab6944bcafe3d4377783446a672.jpg

Last edited:

chiefdave

So how say, 3 weeks out do you predict the crowd at a CCFC match taking into account an unknown walk up ?
You've certainly got me there. It must be near impossible to confidently predict, for example, there won't be a huge surge in attendance when we play Stevenage on a Friday night. If only there was some sort of historical data they could look to that might help.

Presumably then the parking restrictions were in place for the rugby Friday night and for all Wasps netball games and every other event there. After all you can never be sure how many thousands may turn up with no warning.

Bit odd that given the Ricoh are always expecting thousands more than actually show up that they are always running out of things.
Dare I mention that any car coming to the Ricoh for these events should have at least 3 people in it or they can turn them away?
Coincidence that the rules they choose not to enforce are the ones that would lose them money?

italiahorse

You've certainly got me there. It must be near impossible to confidently predict, for example, there won't be a huge surge in attendance when we play Stevenage on a Friday night. If only there was some sort of historical data they could look to that might help.

Were the signs up for Stevenage ?

chiefdave

Don't get precious about Wasps, its never been implemented since day one.
So the point stands. Rules that would mean less revenue to the stadium operators have been ignored.
Were the signs up for Stevenage ?
The game hasn't happened yet.
Luton could quite easily have been 10,000
Didn't even reach 9K let alone 10K. And remember the decision is supposed to be based on the most likely scenario. Its hard to argue the most likely scenario is over 10K when we've only managed that once this season when not giving away thousands of tickets and letting everyone else in cheap.
Could have if they gave away tickets as per Accrington.
That's a desperate defence even for you. You can't rule that every game could be over 10K as one where thousands of tickets were given away was.

italiahorse

So the point stands. Rules that would mean less revenue to the stadium operators have been ignored.

The game hasn't happened yet.

Didn't even reach 9K let alone 10K. And remember the decision is supposed to be based on the most likely scenario. Its hard to argue the most likely scenario is over 10K when we've only managed that once this season when not giving away thousands of tickets and letting everyone else in cheap.

That's a desperate defence even for you. You can't rule that every game could be over 10K as one where thousands of tickets were given away was.

Can't argue that they could apply the 10,000 rule particularly with the signs could go up a few days before.
Can't argue that the poacher is also the gamekeeper on this.
Can argue that it meets the intention of the green travel ban in respect of reducing numbers of cars.
Can argue for the residents in respect of anything over 5,000 would fill the streets around the stadium.
Having friends in the area and looking back at my Sisters experience in Chandos Street by Highfield Road I would not want that regularly on a Saturday afternoon.

Nick

Administrator
Can't argue that they could apply the 10,000 rule particularly with the signs could go up a few days before.
Can argue that it meets the intention of the green travel ban in respect of reducing numbers of cars.
Can argue for the residents in respect of anything over 5,000 would fill the streets around the stadium.
Having friends in the area and looking back at my Sisters experience in Chandos Street by Highfield Road I would not want that regularly on a Saturday afternoon.
So why isn't the limit 5000?

Grendel

As ever you just pluck a figure - 5,000 - out the air

italiahorse

If more people knew they were unnecessarily paying for parking then more people would be complaining.
The official line is that because of potential walk up 10000 could be reached for any CCFC or Wasps match.
Not arguing for it just telling people what it is.

SkyBlue79

Ill try and find out.
I suppose ACL/Wasps would receive a fine or threat to their license if the attendance is more than 10k and therefore I don't blame going on the premise that 30k tickets are on sale therefore parking restrictions should apply. What would happen if ACL said there are no parking restrictions and more than 10k did turn up. Would Wasps stop entry once it reaches a limit? They certainly couldn't ask everyone to go and move their cars!

Maybe based on away team request for tickets we could declare to ACL that we won't be selling more than 10k tickets and allow folk to save money on parking?

however if they have to put the notice in months in advance then that makes it difficult. I couldn't go to the forum last week, rid it get raised?

Nick

Administrator
I suppose ACL/Wasps would receive a fine or threat to their license if the attendance is more than 10k and therefore I don't blame going on the premise that 30k tickets are on sale therefore parking restrictions should apply. What would happen if ACL said there are no parking restrictions and more than 10k did turn up. Would Wasps stop entry once it reaches a limit? They certainly couldn't ask everyone to go and move their cars!

Maybe based on away team request for tickets we could declare to ACL that we won't be selling more than 10k tickets and allow folk to save money on parking?

however if they have to put the notice in months in advance then that makes it difficult. I couldn't go to the forum last week, rid it get raised?

Would they not have received a fine if the rugby event last week went over 10k?

Users who are viewing this thread