RIP Labour (3 Viewers)

Astute

I think the telling sign will be that out of the 84% - how many wanted to vote for Corbyn because it was Corbyn, how many of them still would vote for Corbyn now and how many of them will vote for Labour going forward in GE or local elections.

It would also be interesting to see the demographic of those £3 members.
And how many of them can still vote to keep him in.....

Grendel

The bottom line is the membership was swelled by Zionists and anarchists who see Corbyn as one of them in addition to gullible dim witted young people who see this Stalinist thug as some kind of Wolfie Smith character.

The irony of course is the same dim witted youths are those who sneered at Brexit. They are so stupid and lazy they cannot be bothered to see that Corbyn is anti eu. People talk about Corbyn and his vision so what is that vision?

Nationalised industries
Huge hikes in personal tax for achievers
Huge hikes in corporate tax
Removal of all forms of military deterrent
Immediate withdrawal from EU
Total control of the Bank ofEngland and it's interest rates and monetary policy

If people thought this currency level was a collapse wait for this brave new world.

Not even considering the rise in violence and intimidation that has occurred to all dissenters. His known association with terrorists makes him a security threat.

The party has been invaded by the toxic anarchists in exactly the same way it did in the 1980's when the party descended into complete chaos. The established party MP's have a duty to the country to remove him or sideline him.

Anyone who considers him a viable alternative for government is frankly as deranged as he is.

Liquid Gold

The thing is though polls show there being 1% difference between the two parties at the moment. If the PLP united behind the leadership then they could do some serious damage at a general election. The public has lost its appetite for austerity and has no desire for a May & Hammond premiership.

All this talk of unelectable is invalid until you see results of an election, '83 is always given as an example but that election was won on the back of the Falklands. I was a £3 voter for Corbyn and when he won election I became a fully signed up member and play an active part in my constituency, this goes for many others I know. To suggest £3 supporters of other parties swung the vote for JC is disingenuous and comes from hostile media briefings by MPs opposed to his leadership. Hopefully, after this leadership election, this can be put to bed.

After this leadership battle is over (and I do believe Corbyn will win) all those rebel MPs are going to have to come back to their members and try to repair a fractured relationship. There are many people proposing deselections and, while I do think this could happen in a couple of cases, in the main bridges will need to be built. The way this will happen is members are going to demand their representatives stick behind the leader until after the next general election or face votes of no confidence, which they will then loose. MPs are not stupid people, they have to be incredibly intelligent to get to where they are and they know that it is in the best interest for their career to unite. Talks of the party splitting are nonsense to my mind, they know this will render both sides useless and hand perpetual power to the right.

Captain Dart

The thing is though polls show there being 1% difference between the two parties at the moment. If the PLP united behind the leadership then they could do some serious damage at a general election. The public has lost its appetite for austerity and has no desire for a May & Hammond premiership.

All this talk of unelectable is invalid until you see results of an election, '83 is always given as an example but that election was won on the back of the Falklands. I was a £3 voter for Corbyn and when he won election I became a fully signed up member and play an active part in my constituency, this goes for many others I know. To suggest £3 supporters of other parties swung the vote for JC is disingenuous and comes from hostile media briefings by MPs opposed to his leadership. Hopefully, after this leadership election, this can be put to bed.

After this leadership battle is over (and I do believe Corbyn will win) all those rebel MPs are going to have to come back to their members and try to repair a fractured relationship. There are many people proposing deselections and, while I do think this could happen in a couple of cases, in the main bridges will need to be built. The way this will happen is members are going to demand their representatives stick behind the leader until after the next general election or face votes of no confidence, which they will then loose. MPs are not stupid people, they have to be incredibly intelligent to get to where they are and they know that it is in the best interest for their career to unite. Talks of the party splitting are nonsense to my mind, they know this will render both sides useless and hand perpetual power to the right.

We'll see. I think the rift is too great to heal, there will be more ruptions.

I don't think Labour have a cat in hells chance no matter who their leader is, I certainly wouldn't vote for them.

torchomatic

Always voted Labour since my first election in '83. Was in the SWP in the 80s too. Didn't like Blair and Iraw, etc but we did do some great things in Government. Voted for Corbyn last year but regret that now. People like McDonnell, Milne, McCluskey and Momentum are dragging us down. If Corbyn gets back in, then after 33 years I'm out. He's unelectable.

Liquid Gold

We'll see. I think the rift is too great to heal, there will be more ruptions.

I don't think Labour have a cat in hells chance no matter who their leader is, I certainly wouldn't vote for them.

It's an old Chinese curse to say "may you live in interesting times" my god thats true about now.

clint van damme

http://labourlist.org/2016/07/conte...e-and-rules-for-leadership-election-revealed/

Try reading it yourself. 84% who joined for £3 right before the vote then voted Corbyn. Are you trying to tell me 84% of the Labour party members wanted him in as leader?

He did get just over 50% of the long term members vote. 50.4% to be precise. But 105,598 paid their £3 and got a vote. And 84% of them voted Corbyn. And yet you know for sure that there wasn't a conspiracy. If so why have Labour changed the rules this time.

Sorry got it wrong. 50.4% of the long term voters didn't vote for Corbyn. But out of the last minute joiners only 16% didn't vote for Corbyn.

Suppose you will still call it absolute toss although the evidence is undeniable

that still doesn't prove they're tories though does it? Maybe they're just people who want the labour party or politics in general to go a different way. This vote is very similar to the EU leave vote people are disillusioned and kicking out at the establishment.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I can not see Corbyn leading the country I think he would be a disaster. He doesn't come across to me as a someone strong enough. He is single minded yes but leadership is more than that. Cant help but think of him more as a kindly old grandad who you go to for advice. Yes I know he has achieved, yes I know he has principles that are populist in certain groups, but I just don't see him standing up for the security of our nation. Yes he appeals to some of the unions and workers but he is going to have to appeal to the employers, the risk takers and middle England too - I just do not see it

I would think when Corbyn wins re election that the 80% of MP's (who are the ones that really have to work with him) who voted no confidence in him will retire to the back benches to see the parliament out. Him winning, being told to get behind him doesnt restore respect or confidence in him. Which is in itself a disaster for democracy but robs the labour party of talent on the front benches. Those MP's will no doubt be de selected in a good number of seats come the next election. I would guess that any that step out of line will be bullied by certain activists so further degrading the democratic process. I know the party selects the MP, but the Labour electorate are not all members and an MP represents first an foremost the constituency trying to apply the Labour values to solve its problems for all its constituents, most constituents are not Labour voters

I saw the interview on channel 4 news last night, and irrespective of whether she was milking it giving many interviews, the woman was clearly scared to exercise her own free thought and democratic rights. What has our country come to even to see that let alone excuse it. I have heard that Corbyn has reportedly condemned it surely as leader he should make sure he is interviewed on it, denounce it and then follow through on any one taking part - it should be highly visible. Blaming the lack of visibility on lack of media coverage in the internet age is not acceptable

Whilst this is going on the Labour Party leaves open the middle ground, something it looks like May has already seized upon. That positions Labour further to the left, the 400k members may well be pleased about that move left. Corbyn is to the left of the party but to maintain support he must keep moving in that direction which is fine in opposition but not so easily should they get to power. However the vast majority of the electorate are middle ground should they exercise their vote, radical change scares them. With the electoral set up, the growth of SNP in Scotland (a former Labour stronghold) I just do not see how the Labour can get to power.

This is not just the fault of 80% of labour MP's as activists would have you believe it is the result of many deep divisions and power struggles, Such a revolt is almost unheard of. The Labour Party is moving back to the 70's - sorry but the World has forward. The use of this group Momentum seems in part at least to be deplorable - negates any good positive work it might do

What a mess, at a time where we need a strong opposition we have something that many find ridiculous.

Corbyn not for me thank you

Last edited:

clint van damme

" The Labour Party is moving back to the 70's -"

I think that's nonsense to be honest. But with a media which brands any slightly to the left of hitler a communist it's not surprising people get that impression.
Even if labour elect someone more supposedly centre left, e.g eagles or burnham, they'll get exactly the same treatment.

Samo

Always voted Labour since my first election in '83. Was in the SWP in the 80s too. Didn't like Blair and Iraw, etc but we did do some great things in Government. Voted for Corbyn last year but regret that now. People like McDonnell, Milne, McCluskey and Momentum are dragging us down. If Corbyn gets back in, then after 33 years I'm out. He's unelectable.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts. I think he is that rarest of things; an honest politician but that will never be enough. Unelectable and now very much in the way. By the way, I'm not convinced he will win the election, the experiment is over.

Last edited:

chiefdave

The thing is though polls show there being 1% difference between the two parties at the moment.

The 1 point lead is when the polls are adjusted to reflect the low voter turn out in recent elections. When you put the turnout back up interestingly the Labour lead is 5 points.

The key for Corbyn will be to mobilise those who weren't voting. He, or whoever is leading Labour at the time, doesn't necessarily have to get people who voted Conservative, UKIP or Green last time to move their vote to Labour.

chiefdave

Not even considering the rise in violence and intimidation that has occurred to all dissenters.
MP murdered in the street and political activity carries on as usual. Few tweets to Eagle and all member political activity is banned.

Grendel

The 1 point lead is when the polls are adjusted to reflect the low voter turn out in recent elections. When you put the turnout back up interestingly the Labour lead is 5 points.

The key for Corbyn will be to mobilise those who weren't voting. He, or whoever is leading Labour at the time, doesn't necessarily have to get people who voted Conservative, UKIP or Green last time to move their vote to Labour.

How many seats do you think Mr Corbyn will take off Ms sturgeon?

eggwold1970

just sums you up grindel your all political.how bout talking footie on a forum named,you hate mobrey so what's your aspectations for the coming season then?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

How many seats do you think Mr Corbyn will take off Ms sturgeon?
None, as I've said before. But equally I don't think Eagle or Smith would. Don't think May will either.

The interesting thing would be, as Sturgeon has intimated she is open to, Labour and the SNP worked together.

Samo

just sums you up grindel your all political.how bout talking footie on a forum named,you hate mobrey so what's your aspectations for the coming season then?

Oh Jesus, if you are going to attack Grendel at least pay him the compliment of doing it eloquently and with good grammar, he does at least deserve that.

Samo

None, as I've said before. But equally I don't think Eagle or Smith would. Don't think May will either.

The interesting thing would be, as Sturgeon has intimated she is open to, Labour and the SNP worked together.

And that is Labour's only chance but only IF, they can get their mountain of shit together first.

eggwold1970

fuck the grammar you nonce I'm not in the mood to spell correct or be correct get it or fuck off

covmark

Say, what????

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

eggwold1970

meet me instead of bring a keyboard warrior any fucker,cause you ain't a cov supporter like me.you argue bout all kinds of shit on here well let's fucking argue face to face starting whenever you fucking pricks mobile number is available and I'm ready willing and able down the bullhead

Grendel

meet me instead of bring a keyboard warrior any fucker,cause you ain't a cov supporter like me.you argue bout all kinds of shit on here well let's fucking argue face to face starting whenever you fucking pricks mobile number is available and I'm ready willing and able down the bullhead

What is the bullhead?

Samo

Ah hilarious, you couldn't make it up! Are you one of The Gentleman's 'firm'?

Last edited:

eggwold1970

pub in Binley rd stoke anytime you pricks,I'll teach you football rules and how to support cov city proper without slagging the gaffer off muppet

Grendel

pub in Binley rd stoke anytime you pricks,I'll teach you football rules and how to support cov city proper without slagging the gaffer off muppet

Moron

Samo

fuck the grammar you nonce I'm not in the mood to spell correct or be correct get it or fuck off

If you are as hard as you are stupid then no thanks but I suspect you are not hard at all, just angry, sitting in your pants in your bedroom, giving it the large and hoping nobody twigs what you are. :)

eggwold1970

why you call me a moron twat you embarrassed.im a proper fan coming on here slagging your nonsense you put on week in week out.come on then show your face prick

Grendel

why you call me a moron twat you embarrassed.im a proper fan coming on here slagging your nonsense you put on week in week out.come on then show your face prick

Yes I'm embarrassed that I lack your intellectual gravitas. I concede. Which Oxbridge college did you study at?

Samo

Samoa block 18 row x can't wait to see you and your keyboard

:wideyed: Oooh scary!

eggwold1970

prick is that all you got.i work at jag Solihull not Oxford,never needed university cause I got educated at Highfield rd

Samo

prick is that all you got.i work at jag Solihull not Oxford,never needed university cause I got educated at Highfield rd

Are you familiar with the term 'factory fodder'? :)

Otis

Shouldn't that be 'show your prick face, not show your face prick?'

Ian1779

Is this not the Off Topic chat room?

Was the sign at the door not enough?

Users who are viewing this thread