Robins celebration (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking on social media people just seem to think that O’Neill is just a tit, no doubt he will be on talksport spouting his shit.

Sky Blue Pete

Wagner: I sent my players out to hack Sakamoto and O’Hare, and I’m proud of how well they did that.

No consequence

Robins: Celebrated a 100th minute quarter final winner in a ball boy’s face.

It’s disgusting and he’s got to apologise.

Sorry, what?
Worse he has apologised before being called out on it and it’s still the story absolute bollox

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Okay, so it wasn't very professional, but if you give it the big un, you can surely expect something in return. It shouldn't make you immune to some comeback. And he was 13, not a little 7 year old.
I wouldn't mind O'Neill's comments so much if there was some mention of how they'd be having a word with the kid about what he did too. Just trying trying to deflect away from a really poor home defeat for his team. Like you say, fuck around, find out.

Brighton Sky Blue

Worse he has apologised before being called out on it and it’s still the story absolute bollox
Put it in the context of a 100th minute winner in a quarter final away at a top flight side, you’d have to have Gyokeres like coldness to keep a restrained celebration. He didn’t abuse the kid verbally or physically, just celebrated in his face.

A bit different to Semedo trying to take someone’s head off or Sa faking injury to allow O’Neil a team talk

Sky Blue Pete

Put it in the context of a 100th minute winner in a quarter final away at a top flight side, you’d have to have Gyokeres like coldness to keep a restrained celebration. He didn’t abuse the kid verbally or physically, just celebrated in his face.

A bit different to Semedo trying to take someone’s head off or Sa faking injury to allow O’Neil a team talk
Yeah sa should be sanctioned for the shit in added time

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought O’Neill was banned from the touch line yesterday after getting yet another yellow card last week?

Sick Boy

Wagner: I sent my players out to hack Sakamoto and O’Hare, and I’m proud of how well they did that.

No consequence

Robins: Celebrated a 100th minute quarter final winner in a ball boy’s face.

It’s disgusting and he’s got to apologise.

Sorry, what?
Not to mention one of our players got kicked in the face and it was deemed fair enough by VAR.

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be nice to think the ref added the time wasted by the ball boy so the defeat is on him😉

covcity4life

I don’t think some of these people get the memo that when it comes to the cup, the neutrals are nearly always backing the underdog and your coverage should reflect that. Which isn’t to say ignore Wolves, but they had clearly assumed the result and thought ahead to them being the underdogs against the clubs in the semis.
Fans on here moaned that Maidstone got more coverage than us though lol

DionDublinsJockstrap

Life lesson for the ball boy.

Fuck around and find out.

Whenever we need to define ”class” or lack of it in professional sport we will just need to go ballboygate.

For the first time in a zillion years MR shows serious emotion after winning a nigh on perfect football match He celebrates in front of a ball boy who was party to Wolves gamesmanship.

He realises he has over stepped the mark and apologies in front of the camera 5 times - Class

Gary O‘Neil focuses on this matter. Not sure whether he was asked about the incident or whether he complained about it iunprompted. Complete lack of class.

If the roles were reversed I am fairly confident that MRs response would have been along the lines of

“Look it was an emotional afternoon these things happen”

“ It’s no big deal. I’m on here to talk about a great game of football and my teams part in it”

ProfessorbyGrace

Anything to sell a few budgie-cage liners, I suppose - why not sensationalise it, to diminish a club outperforming a supposed-top flight side?

Hence why I don’t read any newspaper, or watch any news outlet. It’s meant to be impartial journalism, not politically motivated.

Seems to be unbalanced in general, and now it seems that a bitter, sour, outclassed O’Neil has to ‘get payback’ over MR for beating his team, and is feigning outrage over a disrespectful little shit ball boy getting his behaviour rubbed in his face. In a very diluted manner, I may add.

Hopefully the little bastard (and the ballboy lol) learns a lesson, a valuable one in life; expect the unexpected and deal with it.

Happy_Martian

We've had multiple issues this season alone where the football world seems to have found some drama to drag us down.

Same with everything that has gone, this will pass to. It's todays story, tomorrows afterthought.

Let it settle and we move on. We have bigger fish to fry.

A few comments on the forums of our remaining opponents are happy we're through. Partly as they think this will take our minds off the Playoff chase but more pressing is our game backlog that will now start to have an impact on our small squad. Hull already moved, now Ipswich will have to be moved to.

ProfessorbyGrace

In reality, the back page ‘exclusives’ with images of our boys celebrating a fantastic cup win, framed by the word ‘disgusting’, should really rally the team more.

Let the media poke around to find any point of contention over the hypocritical ‘fury’ of Gary O’Neil, and focus on football. Not politicking.

I’m sure MR couldn’t care less, quite frankly. I guess we only care because it’s our team, our manager and our players.

We’re never going to get equal treatment, in either the ‘press’ or the media, so why should it bother us anymore. It’s better to be the underdogs. 💪 Hence why so many neutral fans are actually taking note and rooting for us.

In fact (sorry to go on), but we didn’t even receive unbiased treatment back when we were in the Premiership. Even on Midlands Today, when we were beating better teams, or that time in ‘93 when we were top, they couldn’t shut up about Villa.

Nothing changes. ⚽️

Users who are viewing this thread