Robins on CWR at 8.50 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Is anybody is listening in, can they let us know what's said?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
heard it when driving in to office.

Pretty well repeated what he said Saturday. Started brightly, should have scored more, gave away a goal but came back, deserved the win and McNulty a good player playing below his level. Then went on about the Robins family Christmas and who is buying the presents in his house and whether he was buying his wife a good present.

Nothing new about CCFC in what he said

stevefloyd

heard it when driving in to office.

Pretty well repeated what he said Saturday. Started brightly, should have scored more, gave away a goal but came back, deserved the win and McNulty a good player playing below his level. Then went on about the Robins family Christmas and who is buying the presents in his house and whether he was buying his wife a good present.

Nothing new about CCFC in what he said
If McNultys a good player he is definitely playing below his level...he needs to up his game ;)

Paxman II

I don't quite understand this love affair he has with Mc.Nulty? If you study him a little he fluffs his lines on so many occasions. He has now gone on to score a few times and he did score a good goal against Cheltenham but I remain unconvinced he alone will do enough to get us promoted. Nazon however you feel is a natural goal hungry player and will score goals at this level....but he can't do that on the bench! he needs a run in the side where you don't worry so much about his overall performance but his tendency to be the most likely player to score. I sincerely hope any rumour of 2 signings are a creative midfielder and wide player.

JWC

I don't quite understand this love affair he has with Mc.Nulty? If you study him a little he fluffs his lines on so many occasions. He has now gone on to score a few times and he did score a good goal against Cheltenham but I remain unconvinced he alone will do enough to get us promoted. Nazon however you feel is a natural goal hungry player and will score goals at this level....but he can't do that on the bench! he needs a run in the side where you don't worry so much about his overall performance but his tendency to be the most likely player to score. I sincerely hope any rumour of 2 signings are a creative midfielder and wide player.

I don't think anyone is relying on McNulty to get us promoted on his own

dongonzalos

I imagine Mcnulty is one of our best paid players. I also imagine a lot of time and effort was spent trying to secure him.
If you were the one pushing all that. Then you will be quite keen to convince people that you never messed up.

better days

It seems from talk in the game that Nazon doesn't want to stay after the end of his initial loan though Paxo. If that's the case Robins is probably doing the right thing by making sure we aren't over reliant on him

Grendel

I imagine Mcnulty is one of our best paid players. I also imagine a lot of time and effort was spent trying to secure him.
If you were the one pushing all that. Then you will be quite keen to convince people that you never messed up.

He’s scored one less goal than collins now in all competitions hasn’t he?

lifeskyblue

For me both mcnulty and biamou should compliment each other...quite a traditional big man/small man combination. Biamou is good with the flick ons and unselfish in setting up play. McNulty has cleverness of thought and movement in and around the box. On Saturday I was impressed with Biamou’s link up play he laid the ball back well for Baylis to shoot and from the wing found mcnulty well for a shot just wide.
However both should be scoring more goals. Biamou needs a ruthless streak and mcnulty needs to stop ‘snatching’ at his chances. I’m hoping and expecting them to come good second half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gspotgaz

I’m warming to McNulty I must admit. I couldn’t see what he offered at first but he is quite a clever player and him and biamou complimented each other really well on sat.

We don’t have any natural wingers at the moment so at least one winger is a must in jan. Biamou would flourish with 2 wingers whipping in balls to head , whereas McNulty would would be a passenger with that sort of play, so it’s a bit of a balancing act. To be serious about promotion we have to be unpredictable , which I thought was case sat when we broke at pace down the middle

dongonzalos

He’s scored one less goal than collins now in all competitions hasn’t he?

Considering you don’t rate Collins I wouldn’t have brought that up.
Yes not only has he scored less than him in all competitions.
However where it actually counts the league he is nearly 50% less goals than him.
As I say you don’t rate Collins so I am not sure how that bodes for McNulty

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I’m warming to McNulty I must admit. I couldn’t see what he offered at first but he is quite a clever player and him and biamou complimented each other really well on sat.

We don’t have any natural wingers at the moment so at least one winger is a must in jan. Biamou would flourish with 2 wingers whipping in balls to head , whereas McNulty would would be a passenger with that sort of play, so it’s a bit of a balancing act. To be serious about promotion we have to be unpredictable , which I thought was case sat when we broke at pace down the middle

He is definitely a clever player and he adds pace and creativity. All he is missing is the clinical finish.

Users who are viewing this thread