Robins on CWR (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

People like you are paid the big bucks there to think of those questions, but if the interview really had to be today I'd mostly just empathise with the manager about today's game rather than ask a question to which the answer is bleeding obvious.

Surely you can't be surprised that someone who's lost heavily isn't going to react well to being immediately asked 'what can you take from that then?'. He's within his rights to end the interview.

SBT

People like you are paid the big bucks there to think of those questions, but if the interview really had to be today I'd mostly just empathise with the manager about today's game rather than ask a question to which the answer is bleeding obvious.

Surely you can't be surprised that someone who's lost heavily isn't going to react well to being immediately asked 'what can you take from that then?'. He's within his rights to end the interview.
The reporter’s not there to empathise with him, he’s there to get a quote from him that’s of interest to TalkSport listeners - it’s not a therapy session.

Fair enough if you want less media coverage of our club.

Brighton Sky Blue

The reporter’s not there to empathise with him, he’s there to get a quote from him that’s of interest to TalkSport listeners - it’s not a therapy session.

Fair enough if you want less media coverage of our club.
I'm sure the reporter could have waited until tomorrow for his latest scoop. And maybe to think of a better question in the process.

pusbccfc

Sounded like he didn't know his own players, which is a worry.
Next week's game at Wembley means fuck all. Its getting out of this league that matters, and this shower of shit let MR and the fans down today.

I'd sooner of won today than next week.

No it doesn't mean fuck all 😂😂😂

Brighton Sky Blue

“Hey BSB, did you get that Mark Robins quote I asked you for?”
“No boss, he was looking a bit sad so I thought I’d try him again tomorrow. Hope you can still fill the airtime though.”
'Just rang Mark Robins, he got pissed off and left the interview'
'Oh no, what did you ask him?'
'I asked him if he could apply anything from a 3-0 loss at one of the worst teams in the Championship to a game against one of the biggest clubs in the world at Wembley'
'Hmmm'

Just a pity that Robins didn't treat him in the same way that Gordon Strachan used to handle these idiotic questions

SBT

'Just rang Mark Robins, he got pissed off and left the interview'
'Oh no, what did you ask him?'
'I asked him if he could apply anything from a 3-0 loss at one of the worst teams in the Championship to a game against one of the biggest clubs in the world at Wembley'
'Hmmm'

Just a pity that Robins didn't treat him in the same way that Gordon Strachan used to handle these idiotic questions
Is this honestly how you’d expect the editor to react? You definitely weren’t a creative writing teacher, were you.

Strachan’s responses to reporters were brilliant.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is this honestly how you’d expect the editor to react? You definitely weren’t a creative writing teacher, were you.

Strachan’s responses to reporters were brilliant.
They were, and mostly because they treated people asking the bleeding obvious with the disdain the questions deserved. Erling Haaland is more blunt and would just give one word or sarcastic answers unless the questions came from someone he respected.

Just ask better questions, it's not complicated.

SBT

Just ask better questions, it's not complicated.
And yet offering an alternative question is apparently beyond your abilities!

I think you may be overestimating the sophistication of TalkSport listeners - it’s an obvious and innocuous question, the response from Robins is a bit petty, the response from you is downright odd.

Brighton Sky Blue

And yet offering an alternative question is apparently beyond your abilities!

I think you may be overestimating the sophistication of TalkSport listeners - it’s an obvious and innocuous question, the response from Robins is a bit petty, the response from you is downright odd.
My response is that I agree with Robins in being short with the person asking the questions and I imagine most Cov fans who care enough to given an opinion either way probably do too. Granted, the fact that you're a journalist yourself obviously has no influence on you conducting your own interview of sorts with me on this topic

SBT

My response is that I agree with Robins in being short with the person asking the questions and I imagine most Cov fans who care enough to given an opinion either way probably do too. Granted, the fact that you're a journalist yourself obviously has no influence on you conducting your own interview of sorts with me on this topic
Personally I just want as much coverage of the club as possible - I’m not particularly bothered if Robins gets upset, or would rather do it tomorrow.

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally I just want as much coverage of the club as possible - I’m not particularly bothered if Robins gets upset, or would rather do it tomorrow.
What, so if he said ‘I’ll do one in less than 24 hours time from now’ the interview wouldn’t happen? He isn’t the first manager to get arsey in response to a silly question right after a difficult afternoon.

SBT

What, so if he said ‘I’ll do one in less than 24 hours time from now’ the interview wouldn’t happen?
If the reporter’s been assigned to a different game tomorrow, then probably not!

Reporters don’t just skip doing their jobs and miss deadlines because their interviewees might not feel like it. That isn’t how news organisations work - you obviously know this.

Chris1987

Sounded like he didn't know his own players, which is a worry.
Next week's game at Wembley means fuck all. Its getting out of this league that matters, and this shower of shit let MR and the fans down today.

I'd sooner of won today than next week.
We all would but get over it .

Ashdown

I think some games this season have identified that we need a tough tackling no nonsense leader in the middle of the park to galvanise us. There are times when we look a little bit too nice.

MalcSB

I think some games this season have identified that we need a tough tackling no nonsense leader in the middle of the park to galvanise us. There are times when we look a little bit too nice.
Most of the time we look a little bit too nice.

Last edited:

covcity4life

It's not a stupid question and shouldn't excuse managers being rude to people just trying to do their jobs

I always wish reporters would give it back live on air but they would lose their jobs

shmmeee

Not sure what benefit the national press offer to football teams TBH. Particularly one selling out its ground anyway.

We’re just a curio cos were playing one the teams they deem an actual team anyway.

So in other words, bare your arse at questions from reporters for all I care. In two weeks it’ll be back to Clive Eakin being the only one interested anyway. Any coverage is bound to be the usual patronising inaccurate shite we normally get.

skybluecam

The question wasn't bad. The guy just asked if there's anything to take from the second half.
It is a bit of a silly question. We lost the second half 1-0 to a relegation candidate, of course there’s nothing to take from it. We know we’re a better team than them

Leeds, who have been the best team in the Championship for most of this season, lost at home to a team just a few places outside the relegation zone, and who are still not safe.
We are not all-conquering, occasionally we lose games to lower teams, just like Leeds did. Leicester have lost their last 2 games to teams in danger of relegation.

Cally Fedora

Why? Ultra predictable questions matched only by non committal cliched responses. Each to their own. I find them as interesting watching paint dry

Users who are viewing this thread