robins open letter to the fans (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

got this in my inbox just now

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who supported us at the Emirates Stadium last week and to everyone who has followed us throughout the season, your support so far has been phenomenal.

Although we got beat 6 – 1 there were some really good things in that performance

pixel.gif
a)
pixel.gif
Their heads didn’t go down
pixel.gif
b)
pixel.gif
They tried to keep playing the right way

There will be times when we get slapped round the face but we’ve got to stick to our plan over a long period of time to get results. It’s easy as a manager to say we’ve got to get results, I know how to get results, but I want to do it the right way. I wanted to see if we could do it in front of 60,000 people, against one of the top sides in Europe, and we can.

Supporters are fundamental to what we want to do. We can put a team on the pitch, but without supporters we haven’t got a Football Club.

We want to develop as a community club, where around our games and training schedule, we want to interact with the community more and create role models for the next generation of supporters and we have to come up with a way of facilitating that.

To engage with supporters and for those supporters to engage with us when watching the team, they need to have an affinity with the players, to really be our 12th man.

Any negativity that currently surrounds the place doesn’t bother me, I can’t control what other people say or do. We have to be as one. We will only move forward together. I want to put something on the pitch to be proud of, to enjoy watching and to get enthusiastic over.

Please don’t underestimate the power that supporters have. If we take Leeds United as an example, their play at Elland Road is dictated by the fans. They really are one of the loudest sets of fans I have ever heard. They really get behind the team and the volume and support, at all times, is unwavering and demands a performance from the team. If we can do our part, the players will replicate. We can do this together.

Finally, thank you for welcoming and accepting me. The first week at any football club is different to any other time. There were some things I wanted to do quickly and the club have enabled me to do that. Everything I do will be in the best interest of the Football Club but we have to do it sensibly and within our parameters. We have a structure and a strategy to move forward but we need our 12th man.

Yours sincerely

MRsig.jpg

Mark Robins
Manager
Coventry City Football Club

Mark Robins Letter

Just received this email. Robins continues to impress me. Absolutely agree with his sentiments and I hope we can build on the positivity seen at the Emirates over the rest of the season.

Dear G&P

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who supported us at the Emirates Stadium last week and to everyone who has followed us throughout the season, your support so far has been phenomenal.

Although we got beat 6 – 1 there were some really good things in that performance

a) Their heads didn’t go down
b) They tried to keep playing the right way

There will be times when we get slapped round the face but we’ve got to stick to our plan over a long period of time to get results. It’s easy as a manager to say we’ve got to get results, I know how to get results, but I want to do it the right way. I wanted to see if we could do it in front of 60,000 people, against one of the top sides in Europe, and we can.

Supporters are fundamental to what we want to do. We can put a team on the pitch, but without supporters we haven’t got a Football Club.

We want to develop as a community club, where around our games and training schedule, we want to interact with the community more and create role models for the next generation of supporters and we have to come up with a way of facilitating that.

To engage with supporters and for those supporters to engage with us when watching the team, they need to have an affinity with the players, to really be our 12th man.

Any negativity that currently surrounds the place doesn’t bother me, I can’t control what other people say or do. We have to be as one. We will only move forward together. I want to put something on the pitch to be proud of, to enjoy watching and to get enthusiastic over.

Please don’t underestimate the power that supporters have. If we take Leeds United as an example, their play at Elland Road is dictated by the fans. They really are one of the loudest sets of fans I have ever heard. They really get behind the team and the volume and support, at all times, is unwavering and demands a performance from the team. If we can do our part, the players will replicate. We can do this together.

Finally, thank you for welcoming and accepting me. The first week at any football club is different to any other time. There were some things I wanted to do quickly and the club have enabled me to do that. Everything I do will be in the best interest of the Football Club but we have to do it sensibly and within our parameters. We have a structure and a strategy to move forward but we need our 12th man.

Yours sincerely

Mark Robins
Manager
Coventry City Football Club

RichieGunns

I think this shows we've got the right man for the job.

Can't remember the last time a cov manager sent an open letter to supporters...all be it those who have paid for memberships/season tickets etc.

Really looking forward to tonights match. Could be something special :D

I think this shows we've got the right man for the job.

Can't remember the last time a cov manager sent an open letter to supporters...all be it those who have paid for memberships/season tickets etc.

Really looking forward to tonights match. Could be something special :D

I agree. It's in stark contrast to the clandestine and distant relationship with the owners. Coupled with his statement about making the Ricoh more our own and his frank assessment of our performances on the pitch I really like the vision he seems to be setting out. Fingers crossed...

Moe-Lask

He wasn't my first choice, like many i wanted Wise but he's truely impressed me! I hope, that even if we have a poor run we keep him because i bet behind the scenes he's really setting up something special!

CJparker

Nice gesture, but I'm still worried about the fans' mentality about when they applaud a 6-1 defeat - it was disgraceful to applaud the team after such a scoreline, no matter what the oppo.

skybluebeduff

Just read it out loud to my wife and it gave me goosebumps :claping hands: I like this man, I pray he can turn us into the club we deserve!

Skybluestu82

Very impressive guy, a true breath of fresh air that this club has been crying out for since the good old days.

Long may it continue and let's hope the players are as bought into Robbins as I am and most of the Ccfc fans are.

I really hope his aims translate into reality and we can get some bums back on seats and go on a bit of a run to start off a more successful culture to the club.

Well done mark!! PUSB!!!!!

Gray

Mark,

can you please sign the bottom of this letter

Love from

the PR team xxxx

Totally impressed with MR already - it looks as though this guy will not suffer fools gladly - he will be the (not so) smiling assassin.

He says it as it is and will certainly ruffle a few feathers at CCFC putting one or two "Jack the Lads" in their rightful place and with plenty of squad choice at the moment threaten dissenters with replacements.

Early days yes but I have never seen such a positive reaction from fans as to this guys appointment so early in his tenureship - surely this current all round positivity will entice some lapsed CCFC fans off their armchairs back into Fort Ricoh

kg82

As with a few people, he wasn't my first choice... Or even my 2nd! But he has impressed me so far with what he's said. He still has a lot to prove on the pitch, but its common sense to try and get the fans onside with his ethic. I'm pretty sure I've been told when jimmy hill came in he tried as hard as he could to make the fans feel like a genuine part of what was happening at the club. And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't a "Robin's" involved then too?!

I won't get my hopes up, but I quite like little things like that.

SkyblueBazza

Nice gesture, but I'm still worried about the fans' mentality about when they applaud a 6-1 defeat - it was disgraceful to applaud the team after such a scoreline, no matter what the oppo.

THAT is precisely the opposite of the mentality/attitude he's eluding to in the comments about Leeds fans. No matter what happens if we're going to be the 12th man we MUST stay together AS ONE & get behind the team...& Mark Robins. I see his strategy as a "hearts & minds" approach. He believes WE can make a difference. He wants it to be a positive/constructive difference. Not a negative/sarcastic/destructive one.

CJparker

Sorry for not clapping when we get beat 6-1 - if you can construe that as negative/destructive then fine. I don't care if we lose to the Harlem Globetrotters, any 6-1 defeat is unacceptable no matter whether heads dropped or not, or what kind of football we played.

Greggs

Sorry for not clapping when we get beat 6-1 - if you can construe that as negative/destructive then fine. I don't care if we lose to the Harlem Globetrotters, any 6-1 defeat is unacceptable no matter whether heads dropped or not, or what kind of football we played.

could have very easily been 10-1 aswell :claping hands:

Top letter from 'Rockin' tho

PUSB

RichieGunns

Look we knew it was going to happen.

The players played fantastic, they gave their all even though they were soundly beaten.

Even when they conceeded the goals, they tried to get back up the other end and score.

They didn't lower their heads like they have done and they wanted it.

----

Lots of good points. Things that have been improved under Robins and the stuff we've been screaming at them to do for some time now!

In my view thats worth applauding!

If we booed them, then they really would take that as a knock and we may have been looking at a defeat last saturday!

You need to applaud good work. They put in a shift and they deserved it! Why can't you see that?

Last edited:

kepit 2 yusen

<br />
<br />
There's just no pleasing some people but you are entitled to your opinion. The point was, we have not seen the team keep their heads up for ages and keep playing football. It showed because we eventually got a goal back, only one, but the old city would have mentally run for the dressing room 30 mins earlier.

Bill Glazier

Well, not been this season apart from the Arsenal match but thinking about making the trip up the m40 tonight. Think I will - I like this bloke's honesty. PUSB

Gray

You lot don't seriously think he wrote this off his own back do you? Fisher or someone told him to write something in a bid to sell more tickets

there was an open letter from Andy Thorn along the same lines at one point during his tenure

Gray

Why do you care so much what other people think?

i dont care, its just my view that the PR division of the club told Robins to write a letter to the fans and he didn't do it off his own back. I'm allowed an opinion am i not?

Users who are viewing this thread