Robins to United? (1 Viewer)

SkyB

Wacky rumour season is here with nothing left to play for but pride.

Saw the murmurings on twitter of Robins to United (YES MANCHESTER) and thought nothing of it but apparently it's a real thing!

Evo1883

I think Manchester united need somebody above what robins has achieved to properly sort themselves out

Sick Boy

Saw the murmurings on twitter of Robins to United (YES MANCHESTER) and thought nothing of it but apparently it's a real thing!

What? I wasn't aware that Pardew was their DoF.

SkyB

Based on the article Jim Ratcliffe may as well come tonight to scout his next appointment

Alkhen

Manchester United Dancing GIF

Robins and Adi are exactly what they need to sort out the dressing room. Won't happen in a million years though

OffenhamSkyBlue

Look what happened after Fergie left. Everyone was clamouring for Moyes, since he had managed to save Everton from relegation without a sugar-sheikh owner and limited budget ("Oh won't he be brilliant with pots of money?"). Well, no, he wasn't. He was shit, and they are frankly still trying to recover from it. Solskaer was a firm favourite with the fans, so they thought they couldn't lose by appointing him after 5 minutes in charge at a two-bit second-rate Cardiff side with a fruitcake owner (Norwegian football doesn't count!). It says it all that he was replaced by Russell Slade, FFS!!!
The series of high profile managers from famous European clubs has been a miserable failure (maybe European club football ISN'T as good as everyone says after all).
I don't know what the answer is for Man U - and frankly i don't give a monkey's - but i doubt it is Mark Robins!

ProfessorbyGrace

Adi Viveash on Antony, day one

View attachment 35423
‘Barely 30 seconds into their first training session with Utd, Viveash saw red, clearly egged on by Robins from the sidelines.

It’s thought that Viveash, enraged by Antony’s conduct in last seasons FA Cup semi final, screamed: ‘Cuuuuuuuunt!’ at the Utd forward, before the outrageous tackle.

When asked for a motive, as Antony was removed from the turf with a mop and bucket, Robins just shrugged and gave a wry grin.

Viveash was unavailable for commenting, as he told me to fuck off.’

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Offhegoes

Look what happened after Fergie left. Everyone was clamouring for Moyes, since he had managed to save Everton from relegation without a sugar-sheikh owner and limited budget ("Oh won't he be brilliant with pots of money?"). Well, no, he wasn't. He was shit, and they are frankly still trying to recover from it. Solskaer was a firm favourite with the fans, so they thought they couldn't lose by appointing him after 5 minutes in charge at a two-bit second-rate Cardiff side with a fruitcake owner (Norwegian football doesn't count!). It says it all that he was replaced by Russell Slade, FFS!!!
The series of high profile managers from famous European clubs has been a miserable failure (maybe European club football ISN'T as good as everyone says after all).
I don't know what the answer is for Man U - and frankly i don't give a monkey's - but i doubt it is Mark Robins!
He's not a name (Robins). Being an ex-player, but not a club legend won't buy him much slack from the fans.
He would be immediately under intense media scrutiny (like Graham Potter was at Chelsea).
From what I've heard he's quite a strict boss, and he could fall out with big players early on.
Of course he would get it right given time, but he would never get that time.

Grendel

He's not a name (Robins). Being an ex-player, but not a club legend won't buy him much slack from the fans.
He would be immediately under intense media scrutiny (like Graham Potter was at Chelsea).
From what I've heard he's quite a strict boss, and he could fall out with big players early on.
Of course he would get it right given time, but he would never get that time.

There is zero chance they’d look at him

CoventryUSA

Every manager will fail there until they modernize every aspect of the club outside of chasing commercial deals. Recruitment, analytics, recovery, facilities, etc... They are just simply too far behind the other big clubs in all of those areas.

skybluecam

I think they could do a lot worse tbh but unless they clear out 50% of the playing squad whoever comes in will struggle.

MalcSB

How can any credence be given to an article with so many errors in the headline

Pardew backs Robbins to realpce Ten HAG

I have had real problems to get that past my auto correct.

Frank Sidebottom

If he goes can he take Palmer, Lati and JDS with him and give us £100m in return.
Robins takes united Job, Viveash becomes our manager. Robins loans us loads of Utd players, we get promoted, robins gets sacked and comes back in as manager. Perfect
Sounds similar to when I used to play Championship Manager and ended up with Zidane, Maldini and Bergkamp in Sky Blue.
"The Manchester United board has blocked the £35m purchase of Barry Quinn"

bigfatronssba

Robins wouldn’t last 5 minutes at United. The slow and sustainable way he builds teams wouldn’t interest Man Utd fans.

They’d prefer an impact manager. Someone like Iain Dowie.

JoeCCFCPUSB

It won't happen, shareholders run football clubs the size of United. Robins to United would impact the share price, he isn't a name nor would he attract big names.

Robins will be at this Football club for a long time, he won't be going to United.

Users who are viewing this thread