Rochdale (H) match thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

Quite Tricky really to second guess TM currently based on his comments but this is the side I think he'll put out.
Sticking my neck out and going for a 2-1 win to us.

RCC
Ricketts RB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Stokes LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Cole ACM
Maddison ACM
Murphy ACM
Armstrong ST

Subs: Addai, Lorentzon, Cargill, Lameiras, Rose, Tudguy, Henderson.

Have to state not team I would play but is team I think TM will pick based on comments about loyalty.
Personally I would hook Murphy for Tudguy, Fleck for Rose & Ricketss for Lorentzen.

We will see whatever the side all about the win today!
He did only say a couple of changes. Think you have 3 there. We know Cole is one of the 2.

The other will surely either be Lorentzson or Martin or Maddison.

6 Generations

The last 2 performances have been sub-standard.

i know that our poor run of form is more sustained that that, but not all of our losses or draws were bad performances.

I don't generally travel to away games and so I rely on the views of those that do to form a general opinion.

I do, however attend home games and could not take any positives from the the Fleetwood loss.

There did not seem to be any plan once Fleetwood isolated any supply to Armstrong.

There's no question that opposing managers/ coaches have sussed us.

We need a change of tact.

Think that we will see it today.

This will probably result in a less expansive display, but will result in a much needed win.

steve82

Changes required today, hoping for a positive result but may only be a narrow win. 2-1 with attendance 10,250
Teams:
----------------------RCC------------------
Lorenztson---Cargill----Stephens ---Stokes
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Lameires --------------------------Maddison
--------------------Cole------------------
-----------------Armstrong---------------
With Cole lameires and Maddison alternating around in a fluid way.
Or change formation and go

Lameires ---vincelot -----Fleck------Cole
---------Henderson-- Armstrong---------
I'd prefer this, as Rochdale will be strong and physical

chiefdave

----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Lameires --------------------------Maddison
--------------------Cole------------------
-----------------Armstrong---------------

I'd go with that. If it's not working by half time then instead of making like for like swaps being Henderson on and change it up. No point bringing him here to be plan b and then always sticking to plan a.

Otis

If it were me, in an ideal world, I would go for

RCC

Lorentzson Stephens Martin Stokes

Fleck Vincelot

Rose Murphy Cole

Armstrong

Think Rose and Cole are more physical and this would give Murphy more of a chance to play his natural game with that sort of protection around him.

When we play a combination of Lameiras, Murphy and Maddison, they are far too lightweight and unable to put in any kind of meaningful tackle, or challenge. Personally, I think it needs to just be one of those 3 and of course you still get the creativity in Cole.

steve82

I'd really like Andy Rose to get more game time but with the vincelot fleck partnership it's difficult to include him. If necessary I'd swap fleck for Rose. Joe Cole as captain for the day also with Ricketts dropped.
I'd like to see the big man little man combination also with Henderson forging holes in the defence with Armstrong playing close to him.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd really like Andy Rose to get more game time but with the vincelot fleck partnership it's difficult to include him. If necessary I'd swap fleck for Rose. Joe Cole as captain for the day also with Ricketts dropped.
I'd like to see the big man little man combination also with Henderson forging holes in the defence with Armstrong playing close to him.

Easy choice for me leave out Fleck, he is offering even less than normal at the moment

steve82

Think if we picked a team on who deserves a place in the side from the last few games would see a few missing. Ricketts and Murphy mainly. Then down to fleck and Maddison who can do much better.

jas365

Think if we picked a team on who deserves a place in the side from the last few games would see a few missing. Ricketts and Murphy mainly. Then down to fleck and Maddison who can do much better.

Murphy was probably our MOTM at Barnsley (although he didn't have much competition).

chiefdave

This is the team:

RCC

Ricketts Cargill Stephens Stokes

Fleck Vincelot

Lameiras Maddison Cole

Armstrong

Great_Expectations

This is the team:

RCC

Ricketts Cargill Stephens Stokes

Fleck Vincelot

Lameiras Maddison Cole

Armstrong

So one change from the last home game.

It's a diminutive but creative front four - effectively the same as the start of the season, but JC for JOB, which on paper is an upgrade. Let's hope to see a performance similar to the start of the season.

Otis

TM can't count. He said a couple of changes. This is three!

Unless he's another like my wife and my mum and various other people who think 'a couple' can mean 2, 3, 4 or whatever.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

skybluejelly

Both matches I have seen against Rochdale this season thought Rochdale were pretty good .. Hopefully we can scrape a win and get a bit of confidence back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Tudgay must be injured! Why else would you have both Henderson AND MAF on the bench?

steve82

Not a bad team selection, would still bring Lorenztson on for ricketts in the second half or sooner. Will most likely be our weak link again and let his man beat him at a set piece like normal. Hope I'm wrong

johnwillomagic

If Tudguy is not injured though it is incredibly harsh he was bad on Tuesday but got absolutely no service a bit like Southend away.
So Lameiras gets his start I like him so hope he grabs it - would have been nice for Martin to start maybe not quite fit yet as not even on bench. Hopefully Cole and Madders have good ones too come on Sky Blues lets do this.

letsallsingtogether

Got to win this one draws are no good now have used them all up 2-1City

Otis

If Tudguy is not injured though it is incredibly harsh he was bad on Tuesday but got absolutely no service a bit like Southend away.
So Lameiras gets his start I like him so hope he grabs it - would have been nice for Martin to start maybe not quite fit yet as not even on bench. Hopefully Cole and Madders have good ones too come on Sky Blues lets do this.
Why would Tudgay drop from the starting 11 to not even in the squad?

lifeskyblue

Pusb. Very quiet in ground. Looks like being first home league game below 11,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

Maddison needs to get back to his best, drawing players out and quick turns. No taking too many touches and drawing silly fouls.

Hobo

I don't care who starts today. But the eleven that do have to graft for 90 minutes and show pride in the shirt. No excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread