Rooney hit by FA charge (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

West-Ham-v-Man-Utd-Wayne-Rooney-hattrick-roar_2580789.jpg

Striker could miss Fulham and Man City games

Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is facing a two-match ban after being charged by the Football Association for swearing in the win at West Ham.

Rooney swore into a television camera after his third goal in the 4-2 win over the Hammers at Upton Park on Saturday.

The England international later issued an apology for his offensive remarks into the camera.

However, the FA has decided to act, with Rooney being charged with using offensive, insulting and/or abusive language.

The charge holds a two-game suspension and Rooney has until 6pm on Tuesday to respond to the charge.

"The FA has today charged Manchester United's Wayne Rooney for the use of offensive, insulting and/or abusive language relating to an incident during his side's fixture with West Ham United," the FA statement read.

"Rooney has until 6pm on April 5 to respond to the charge."

If Rooney decides to accept the ban it means he will miss this weekend's home clash with Fulham as well as the FA Cup semi-final against local rivals Manchester City.

ccfcadz

Bitof a stupid thing to do really, not bothered about swearing but staring down the lense and letting fly isn't going to do him any favours

LastGarrison

So he deliberately smashes an opponent player in the head a couple of weeks before and gets nothing but gets a 2 match ban for swearing twice into the camera after scoring a hatrick?

Fucking hell when did football fans get so soft? Absolute bollocks!

Waits for someone to spout out "Yeah but he's a role model, think of the children!".

Fuck off.

stupot07

I think it is deserved and comes on the back of the fans rant for England. Sorry but as an England international who makes millions from endorsement and advertising, as well as being an idol to millions of children he has standards that need to be met. I don't think it helped that fergie had a rant about refs not long ago.

Also he didn't apologise, his apologies was nothing but a standard press release using words he would never have used. Had he appeared on camera straight after the match and give a personal apology I may have had a different opinion

SkyBlue_Am

The FA is so inconsistent it is stupid...Rooney doesn't deserve a 2 match ban for swearing

stupot07

The FA is so inconsistent it is stupid...Rooney doesn't deserve a 2 match ban for swearing

He didn't just swear - he swore directly into the camera towards the viewing public telling them to "f?@& off". It's an FA rule that all clubs, managers and players agree to at the beginning of each season, just like getting a booking for taking your shirt off or antagonising fans during a celebration.

Even Harry "wide boy" rednapp said it was indefensible. In fact the only person i've defend him is shearer.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Am

He didn't just swear - he swore directly into the camera towards the viewing public telling them to "f?@& off". It's an FA rule that all clubs, managers and players agree to at the beginning of each season, just like getting a booking for taking your shirt off or antagonising fans during a celebration.

Even Harry "wide boy" rednapp said it was indefensible. In fact the only person i've defend him is shearer.

Don't stick a camera in his face after scoring a hat trick then as the emotions are immense also getting booked for taking your shirt off is another BS rule

stupot07

Don't stick a camera in his face after scoring a hat trick then as the emotions are immense also getting booked for taking your shirt off is another BS rule

Oh so it's actually the camera mans fault then. Perhaps the camera man should be suspended for 2 matches instead

Macca

this is why footballers have no ability to behave. So many people fawn over them and don't believe they can do any wrong. There's a difference between being passionate and being a yob. Always someone elses fault.

perhaps if Rooney dislikes cameras he should quit all the sponsorship and Hello deals :D

redsox

Facebook User
might make him think twice, well probably not

Nicely put, not really a candidate for MENSA is he?....bless him. An outburst like that?, into a camera? I know people talk about passion and fire in the man and what a talent he is. I just can't help seeing him as an unpleasant, uneducated scouser with an ability for kicking a pig's bladder around. I'm guessing that he doen't get picked for his sparkling wit or his charming personality and that's possibly a good job. It's my opinion that a man in his position should show more respect for himself and the viewing public and be professional , as he is paid an obsene amount of money to do so. Mr Rooney shame on you!!!

Nick

Administrator
I think it is the FA back tracking and putting this ban on because of the elbow they missed ;)

rob9872

... and yet we all love Marlon?

I love Marlon's footballing ability too, but his antics off the pitch are much worse than Rooney's. Not just Marlon too. All of Wayne's England team mates in Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Crouch, Cole are as culpable if not worse but for some reason Rooney is public villain number one. Despite the medias best attempt to turn the country against him, he remains a special player.

I'm not advocating that what he did was right nor didn't deserve punishment, but people do love to see him fail and as role models go, he is far from perfect but certainly no worse than any of those listed above and I suspect countless more players who are lower profile and therefore less newsworthy. He is a young man from Liverpool, not very bright but gifted and in the media constantly. I imagine it woyuld take it's toll on most of us let alone someone whose every move is scrutinised beyond the norm.

Il Pirata

No, I don't like Marlon. I appreciate his ability as a footballer, the same as I appreciate Rooney's (allegedly, anyway). As individuals, not the sort of people I'd want to associate with. As I'm a Coventry City fan and not Marlon King's dinner guest I'm quite happy to have good players playing for my club, as long as he uses what tiny willpower he has to refrain from getting sent off every third game.

ccfcway

any swearing and you get a yellow card...

any backchat to the ref and yellow card....

simple

Users who are viewing this thread