Rose Rumour (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Rose is decent, and it would be disappointing to lose him, but we do have Pask who looks a player, and I always thought Morgan Williams looked decent. + the revenue might allow Robins a bigger budget. Would be far more concerned if we lost Dabo

We desperately need experience at Championship level. If we're forced to rely on L1 fringe players such Pask who I might add barely played last campaign, we're going to be in for a long season.

CCFC88

We desperately need experience at Championship level. If we're forced to rely on L1 fringe players such Pask who I might add barely played last campaign, we're going to be in for a long season.
Bit harsh calling him a fringe L1 player, he was injured for the first half of the season then was in pretty much every matchday squad in 2020.

If Robins thinks he's good enough then that's enough for me.

cc84cov

Bit harsh calling him a fringe L1 player, he was injured for the first half of the season then was in pretty much every matchday squad in 2020.

I tipped Pask to be a starter when we signed him he’s a huge prospect was well ahead of others like Declan Rice etc but had a few injuries

Watch this space in regards to Josh Pask

SkyBlueCRJ

He's clearly got talent but does he have enough talent to compete in the Championship? Granted his circumstances were unfortunate as there was no way he was getting ahead of Dabo or the 3 CB's, but I will reiterate we are either going to need Championship experience or similar quality at least if we are to stay in that division.

Relying on Pask who even despite his age is highly inexperienced won't fill me with confidence for the forthcoming season.

SkyBlueCRJ

I tipped Pask to be a starter when we signed him he’s a huge prospect was well ahead of others like Declan Rice etc but had a few injuries

Watch this space in regards to Josh Pask

If Pask was as good as you claim, surely he would've replaced one of Hyam or Rose in the final few months of the season before play was stopped? Understandably MR may not have wanted to disrupt a winning team but if he was genuinely a grade above the rest he almost certainly would've automatically become a starter, or at least featured more.

CCFC88

He's clearly got talent but does he have enough talent to compete in the Championship? Granted his circumstances were unfortunate as there was no way he was getting ahead of Dabo or the 3 CB's, but I will reiterate we are either going to need Championship experience or similar quality at least if we are to stay in that division.

Relying on Pask who even despite his age is highly inexperienced won't fill me with confidence for the forthcoming season.
I feel this post wont age well...

CCFC88

If Pask was as good as you claim, surely he would've replaced one of Hyam or Rose in the final few months of the season before play was stopped? Understandably MR may not have wanted to disrupt a winning team but if he was genuinely a grade above the rest he almost certainly would've automatically become a starter, or at least featured more.
Would it have made sense to change the divisions best defence, of the form team, in the middle of a title push. Come on...

kg82

Think you answered your own question.

SkyBlueCRJ

Would it have made sense to change the divisions best defence, of the form team, in the middle of a title push. Come on...

You've just repeated what I stated in my post.

So I will say again. If he was genuinely of far greater quality than the other three CB's he would've at least featured more if not become an automatic starter - granted the last claim could be put up for debate.

The facts remain however that he failed to feature beyond Southend (A) on Feb 15th. So is he as good as people claim or is this another case of Jordan Ponticelli syndrome....time will tell.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Rose was signed to replace Willis in the Jan when he didn't sign. Fadz was signed to replace Davies.

Again I'll offer £50 that Rose is our player still in September.

If Willis had had a change of heart and signed we'd still have been obliged to sign Rose, so we'd have had both. As far as I know Willis' contract offer wasn't withdrawn as soon as we signed Rose.

CCFC88

You've just repeated what I stated in my post.

So I will say again. If he was genuinely of far greater quality than the other three CB's he would've at least featured more if not become an automatic starter - granted the last claim could be put up for debate.

The facts remain however that he failed to feature beyond Southend (A) on Feb 15th. So is he as good as people claim or is this another case of Jordan Ponticelli syndrome....time will tell.
Nobody has said he is of "far greater quality", I disagreed with your point that he is just a "L1 fringe player".

You're tying yourself up in knots, lets just leave it at you'll admit you were wrong if/when the time comes.

cc84cov

The task of replacing a player in a Table topping winning Side as a defender is near impossible he wasn’t even fully match sharp as he was out for so long,we were quoted as being “shocked” he even chose to come here,Lets not forget he’s still only just 22 years old,We also spent over a year chasing Pask trying to sign him.

SkyBlueCRJ

Nobody has said he is of "far greater quality", I disagreed with your point that he is just a "L1 fringe player".

You're tying yourself up in knots, lets just leave it at you'll admit you were wrong if/when the time comes.

I never said they did. My response was centred around the discussion of whether 1. Pask would be a suitable replacement in the event Rose were to be sold, and 2. Why at this time such a statement is nonsensical as there's nothing to suggest that at this point in time he could compete or even become successful in the Championship due to his inexperience/the fact he failed to feature more upon his return from injury. Disagree if you must but both arguments are hardly illogical.

He was a fringe player though? He barely played even when he got fit and was brought in realistically as a back up to Dabo. Perhaps your interpretation of a fringe player differs from mine?

You make it sound like a guarantee I'll be wrong? You're entitled to your opinion but I care very about this conversation nor will I probably remember it come September, or when the season is likely to resume. You're more than welcome to remind me in the event I am wrong.

SkyBlueCRJ

The task of replacing a player in a Table topping winning Side as a defender is near impossible he wasn’t even fully match sharp as he was out for so long,we were quoted as being “shocked” he even chose to come here,Lets not forget he’s still only just 22 years old.

We were also quoted to have said Kastaneer was Championship quality and shouldn't be playing in L1.

Yes, he's 22 years old and has played how many games? So my statement remains, it would be a risk to rely on him as a starter in the Championship in the event Rose was sold on when we have barely seen his full potential in L1.

cc84cov

We were also quoted to have said Kastaneer was Championship quality and shouldn't be playing in L1.

Yes, he's 22 years old and has played how many games? So my statement remains, it would be a risk to rely on him as a starter in the Championship in the event Rose was sold on when we have barely seen his full potential in L1.
I agree with you regarding if rose is sold we need to replace my view is Pask will go onto Be a top player,compare Pask to Drysdale & Williams it’s not even close Pask is miles ahead of them,if he hadn’t struggled with injuries I doubt he would be here.

Also Kastaneer hasn’t come through a top academy like West Ham we were told by his previous club about him.

SkyBlueCRJ

I agree with you regarding if rose is sold we need to replace my view is Pask will go onto Be a top player

I hope he does. His performance against Bristol Rovers was excellent and I thought he looked like an exciting prospect against Leamington. But from experience of getting over excited with players in the past after watching them player only a handful of times, 2 good games (against a non-league side and a Bristol Rovers side that was in free-fall at the time) doesn't convince me he'll be good enough to become a starter in the Championship - as we both clearly agree on.

Could it be too late for Pask to become a top player though? His quality is clear to see and his previous coaches at WHU have given stellar reviews, but the fact of the matter is, is that he's 23 years old this year and played around 25 first team games. If you compare him to others in the side who are of a similar age he's beginning to fall behind quite significantly, and as a result this will undoubtably have an affect on his ability to make it as a good player, let alone as a top player.

skyblueelephant76

I agree with you regarding if rose is sold we need to replace my view is Pask will go onto Be a top player,compare Pask to Drysdale & Williams it’s not even close Pask is miles ahead of them,if he hadn’t struggled with injuries I doubt he would be here.

Also Kastaneer hasn’t come through a top academy like West Ham we were told by his previous club about him.
Kastaneer played for Holland at U19, 20 & 21 level so he must have been a decent prospect at one point.

cc84cov

I hope he does. His performance against Bristol Rovers was excellent and I thought he looked like an exciting prospect against Leamington. But from experience of getting over excited with players in the past after watching them player only a handful of times, 2 good games (against a non-league side and a Bristol Rovers side that was in free-fall at the time) doesn't convince me he'll be good enough to become a starter in the Championship - as we both clearly agree on.

Could it be too late for Pask to become a top player though? His quality is clear to see and his previous coaches at WHU have given stellar reviews, but the fact of the matter is, is that he's 23 years old this year and played around 25 first team games. If you compare him to others in the side who are of a similar age he's beginning to fall behind quite significantly, and as a result this will undoubtably have an affect on his ability to make it as a good player, let alone as a top player.
I think injuries have really held him back mate but I’ve seen him a lot at under 23’s level he reads the game very well it’s effortless I think with a good pre season he will be pushing the starters hard

Warwickhunt

Kastaneer played for Holland at U19, 20 & 21 level so he must have been a decent prospect at one point.
he probably is but he may have an attitude problem and does not train very well! surprised MR has'nt hawked him around to either loan or offload? he must be on a few shilling !

Skybluefaz

The pace Pask showed in the game where he scored on the overlap was scary. I think he will come good personally. I hope that Kastaneer does too, you never know, the bright lights of the Championship might make him realise if he puts the work in then he could get a big contract on the back of it. I put the chances of that though as very slim, although he clearly has the ability.

CCFC88

Hyam at the age of 22 had played 16 football league games. Rose at the age of 22 had played 28 Scottish 2nd and 3rd tier games. Hardly falling behind.

Has he done something to upset you? Classic City keyboard fan, writing a player off before he's even had a chance.

SlowerThanPlatt

It depends what is meant by “top player” in fairness. If it’s a top 4/6 Premier League player then it looks rather unlikely. If it’s just a Championship standard player then he has a chance like most in our squad.

SkyBlueCRJ

I think injuries have really held him back mate but I’ve seen him a lot at under 23’s level he reads the game very well it’s effortless I think with a good pre season he will be pushing the starters hard

Yeah I heard a few people say that but as you know U23 standard is world's apart from first team football. For instance, Biamou was nearly registering a goal per game during his stint in the 23's upon his return from injury but that doesn't mean such form could be replicated on the L1 stage.

Pask needs games and IMO he won't be getting them here next season so I think MR should be thinking about sending him out on loan to get a full season under his belt. Then we can properly gauge his quality.

cc84cov

Yeah I heard a few people say that but as you know U23 standard is world's apart from first team football. For instance, Biamou was nearly registering a goal per game during his stint in the 23's upon his return from injury but that doesn't mean such form could be replicated on the L1 stage.

Pask needs games and IMO he won't be getting them here next season so I think MR should be thinking about sending him out on loan to get a full season under his belt. Then we can properly gauge his quality.
I seen Kastanner a player who as mentioned played for Holland under 18,19,20 & 21 get bullied by kids at under 23 level,I watched Pask at that level and he didn’t even get out of first gear it was clear to see the level he was at.

eastwoodsdustman

When I've seen Pask play for us he's looked high quality and very assured. I'm sure he'd fit in fine if we needed him to play. When it was first mentioned about the possibility of Rose leaving Pask was the first player that sprung to mind to replace him. If Rose does go then I'm sure we'd sign another player as cover if nothing else and if we get Walsh plus money as part of any deal then that would be a fantastic result.

SkyBlueCRJ

Hyam at the age of 22 had played 16 football league games. Rose at the age of 22 had played 28 Scottish 2nd and 3rd tier games. Hardly falling behind.

Has he done something to upset you? Classic City keyboard fan, writing a player off before he's even had a chance.

And as much as I like Hyam I don't think he'll be a 'top player'. He's a good player who's had the opportunity to flourish at the club during a L2 campaign and then built his way up to the good player he is today, but the difference is he began his career at a realistic level. Pask on the other hand is set to be thrown in the deep end in probably one of the most competitive leagues in the world against top quality opposition week in week out. Slight difference don't you think?

I'm not writing him off? I think the more apt question should be, why is it that you're getting so animated because I'm disagreeing with your flawed logic that's based on nothing more than sheer bias? I've watched him twice and I think he has talent. Do I think that provides me with enough evidence to suggest he'll be a good player, let alone a great player, no it doesn't. That's not writing him off that's being realistic and having basic common sense after years of watching football.

By your own logic you should be infuriated with me because I don't think Eccles will start next season either as well.

SkyBlueCRJ

I seen Kastanner a player who as mentioned played for Holland under 18,19,20 & 21 get bullied by kids at under 23 level,I watched Pask at that level and he didn’t even get out of first gear it was clear to see the level he was at.

To be fair Kastaneer has a terrible attitude, probably one of the worst we've had at the club in the past 10 years. If Pask is to succeed his attitude, which from what I've heard is excellent, hopefully will allow him to push on and achieve what he wants to in his career. But he needs regular games to give him a chance of doing that.

cc84cov

To be fair Kastaneer has a terrible attitude, probably one of the worst we've had at the club in the past 10 years. If Pask is to succeed his attitude, which from what I've heard is excellent, hopefully will allow him to push on and achieve what he wants to in his career. But he needs regular games to give him a chance of doing that.
Yes I agree he needs a solid pre season the he’s had the break with this virus etc also so he should be ready to go hopefully.

cc84cov

And as much as I like Hyam I don't think he'll be a 'top player'. He's a good player who's had the opportunity to flourish at the club during a L2 campaign and then built his way up to the good player he is today, but the difference is he began his career at a realistic level. Pask on the other hand is set to be thrown in the deep end in probably one of the most competitive leagues in the world against top quality opposition week in week out. Slight difference don't you think?

I'm not writing him off? I think the more apt question should be, why is it that you're getting so animated because I'm disagreeing with your flawed logic that's based on nothing more than sheer bias? I've watched him twice and I think he has talent. Do I think that provides me with enough evidence to suggest he'll be a good player, let alone a great player, no it doesn't. That's not writing him off that's being realistic and having basic common sense after years of watching football.

By your own logic you should be infuriated with me because I don't think Eccles will start next season either as well.
I don’t see Eccles being close to the first 11 I just don’t see it with him I know others like him but to me he’s far too weak for that midfield role he does everything ok nothing out if this world,I’ve seen him a lot at under 23 level also.

CCFC88

No animation here and I'm certainly not infuriated, just pointing out the flaws in your logic.

Eccles has just turned 20 and has not been in a league match day squad since the turn of the year. They are at very different points in their careers. You're comparing apples with pears to try and force a point home.

Robins' clearly sees more in Pask than you do as he has been in almost every match day squad since his injury and felt he would be more than satisfactory to step in for any of the CB's if required, I would expect his thinking wont have changed making the step up next season. Time will tell. Have a lovely evening.

SkyBlueCRJ

No animation here and I'm certainly not infuriated, just pointing out the flaws in your logic.

Eccles has just turned 20 and has not been in a league match day squad since the turn of the year. They are at very different points in their careers. You're comparing apples with pears to try and force a point home.

Robins' clearly sees more in Pask than you do as he has been in almost every match day squad since his injury and felt he would be more than satisfactory to step in for any of the CB's if required, I would expect his thinking wont have changed making the step up next season. Time will tell. Have a lovely evening.

I was being facetious - as by your very own logic you were trying compare apples with pears when using Hyam as an example of how Pask could still succeed despite his inexperience. I don't think it's mine that is flawed.

On that point though are they at different points in their careers? Eccles has played 13 less games than Pask. Hardly echelons apart are they.

Does he? Why not bring him more on during games then to give Dabo a rest at the tail end of games? Or equally, to replace any of the 3 CB's for that matter. You're attempting to enforce claims without providing any substance to back them up other than he was on the bench every game.

You're looking at Pask through rose tinted spectacles and failing to acknowledge reason.

Ccfcisparks

I was being facetious - as by your very own logic you were trying compare apples with pears when using Hyam as an example of how Pask could still succeed despite his inexperience. I don't think it's mine that is flawed.

On that point though are they at different points in their careers? Eccles has played 13 less games than Pask. Hardly echelons apart are they.

Does he? Why not bring him more on during games then to give Dabo a rest at the tail end of games? Or equally, to replace any of the 3 CB's for that matter. You're attempting to enforce claims without providing any substance to back them up other than he was on the bench every game.

You're looking at Pask through rose tinted spectacles and failing to acknowledge reason.

Why would Robins make unenforced changes to a team that hasn’t lost since the turn of the year?

Users who are viewing this thread