Rotherham game (1 Viewer)

Littlewood CCFC

Intresting game yesterday as it's the first time i've seen Coventry get battered that badly in the 1st half for a while. Been looking at the Rotherham forums and they're having a moan about being the better team and getting screwed out by the ref.. lets not forget how bad the ref was in the 1st half towards Coventry :)

Anyway i was just thinking how satisfying it was to win a game we didn't deserve to win! How many games have Coventry dominated but not got the result they deserved? I also think Coventry without John Flecks passing range are not the same team.. thoughts?

oscillatewildly

Agree with everything you've said. We missed Fleck so much. They created so many chances 1st half but were either wasteful or denied by super Joe! One (superb) pass in the 2nd half just changed the game completely with the consequence that followed. Feel we got out of jail a bit to be honest but so many times we've been the ones on receiving end of poor officialdom and bad luck that I couldn't give a hootenanny! Happy new year y'all, including the good folk of Rotherham.

Tommystours

I agree. I think 2 players came out of it with a glowing report. Joe Murphy was outstanding !!!! (in a Scottish accent) His saves in the first half were brilliant and how he saved the one with his feet when the guy was through ?? unbelievable.
Carl Baker, captain "un-fantastic" for most of the game . The guy has so much skill he needs to see a hypnotist to unlock it. Penalty hit the post and in . Corner on me head son Goal. Then " from the half way line " no it wa 5 yards in his own half , how long did that ball take to go in . The fans behind thye goal sucked it in . Fair play to Philips for following it up and coaxing it in rather than claiming the goal.
Shit first half brilliant second apart from injuries . Recover quick guys we are threadbare. My daughter asked me at half time why were the youth team warming up ??

Covstu

some days you need the luck, they were the better side in the first half by far but if you cannot score then thats their own fault! JM was excellent, not sure why Baker should get any stick though. Bit harsh in my opinion.

SkyBlueSid

Fair play to Philips for following it up and coaxing it in rather than claiming the goal.

Just as well he did. Had he tapped the ball in, the goal would correctly have been disallowed. When Baker shot, Phillips was the player furthest forward, and in Rotherham's half so was clearly offside, and he appeared to know that.

runner

Yeah we had some luck, no doubt ... but as we always say, it evens itself out over the course of the season ... nice to see those playoffs back in sight 6 points ... but injuries will have big impacts if long term, as sadly, one I think will be. Vital we keep Leon now.

Users who are viewing this thread