Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

nunchuckas

He didn't score one in league 1.

I guess it depends on the definition of an overhead kick Vs a flying volley. The goal against Peterborough wasn't a bicycle kick, but it was an acrobatic airbourne volley where the ball was level with his head at the time of striking.

Johhny Blue

I guess it depends on the definition of an overhead kick Vs a flying volley. The goal against Peterborough wasn't a bicycle kick, but it was an acrobatic airbourne volley where the ball was level with his head at the time of striking.
But does it count

Reactions: SBT

David O'Day

Celtic better than rangers
Gerrard not a good manager
Ryan Kent shit

All 3 will be shown to be true at the end of the season and you'll still have the communication skills of a dead cat on LSD.

Genuine question, are your typing skills so bad because you have to use a head wand?

Grendel

All 3 will be shown to be true at the end of the season and you'll still have the communication skills of a dead cat on LSD.

Genuine question, are your typing skills so bad because you have to use a head wand?

Enjoy the game today David?

Astute

'You were right' would have done fine mate.
Of course it would but prefer the truth myself.

Why not try and say what part of my post was wrong? Anything to do with it being factually correct?

Rotherham had a lot more of the ball than us. They had the same amount of shots as we did. But they seem to lack quality up front. And our chances dropped to the right players.

If we had lost or even drew the game you would have been saying about our poor tactics again. But we got 2 early goals. Still only had the same amount of shots as the previous games where you said we didn't have enough chances to score.

I would be happy to play Rotherham every game.

How did Norwich do today?
How did Derby do today?

We only managed a draw against them and you make out we should have beat them.

I trust in Robins. I also believe he knows more than yourself. 5 games unbeaten and climbing the table. I am satisfied.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course it would but prefer the truth myself.

Why not try and say what part of my post was wrong? Anything to do with it being factually correct?

Rotherham had a lot more of the ball than us. They had the same amount of shots as we did. But they seem to lack quality up front. And our chances dropped to the right players.

If we had lost or even drew the game you would have been saying about our poor tactics again. But we got 2 early goals. Still only had the same amount of shots as the previous games where you said we didn't have enough chances to score.

I would be happy to play Rotherham every game.

How did Norwich do today?
How did Derby do today?

We only managed a draw against them and you make out we should have beat them.

I trust in Robins. I also believe he knows more than yourself. 5 games unbeaten and climbing the table. I am satisfied.

The possession stats did surprise me I must say, it didn't look like we had long spells without the ball. They also had very few chances of note, I'm imagining a lot of their shots were in fact headers from set pieces as again I don't remember them having many efforts. We seemed to carve them open very easily and the benefits of Biamou up alongside Walker were clear to see.

That and interestingly McCallum seemed more at ease defensively today. Plus the central 3 did their job without making any major screw ups. Both setups are clearly here to stay, my main gripe on Tuesday was that he never changed it even in the later stages.

Last edited:

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

The possession stats did surprise me I must say, it didn't look like we had long spells without the ball. They also had very few chances of note, I'm imagining a lot of there shots were in fact headers from set pieces as again I don't remember them having many efforts. We seemed to carve them open very easily and the benefits of Biamou up alongside Walker were clear to see.

That and interestingly McCallum seemed more at ease defensively today. Plus the central 3 did their job without making any major screw ups. Both setups are clearly here to stay, my main gripe on Tuesday was that he never changed it even in the later stages.
Oggy was saying very similar at half time about the possession. I think because were sending it long quite often we were losing the ball a fair bit. The main thing is that we were pretty effective at using it well when we did have it. I expected us to find the physical side of the game hard today but we bossed it, quite a surprising game today i felt.

Skyblueweeman

No offence mate...I know you get some shit on here for whatever reason but this post is tosh!

There's no way Celtic are better than Rangers this season or will finish above them.

Happy for you to save/bookmark this post and if Celtic finish above Rangers this season, I'll donate £20 to a charity of your choice.

Regardless of his, at times illiterate literacy, ccfc4life is talking sense here. Rangers are most definitely stopping Celtics 10 in a row. Thankfully (as a Ger).

Brighton Sky Blue

Oggy was saying very similar at half time about the possession. I think because were sending it long quite often we were losing the ball a fair bit. The main thing is that we were pretty effective at using it well when we did have it. I expected us to find the physical side of the game hard today but we bossed it, quite a surprising game today i felt.

We also countered much better today, would've scored from one had it not just crept out of play on the byline. That was one of my favourite aspects of how we played last season that we haven't really seen until today.

Brighton Sky Blue

No offence mate...I know you get some shit on here for whatever reason but this post is tosh!

There's no way Celtic are better than Rangers this season or will finish above them.

Happy for you to save/bookmark this post and if Celtic finish above Rangers this season, I'll donate £20 to a charity of your choice.

Regardless of his, at times illiterate literacy, ccfc4life is talking sense here. Rangers are most definitely stopping Celtics 10 in a row. Thankfully (as a Ger).

Mrs BSB has optimistic hopes of Aberdeen beating them to second. Can't entirely rule that out!

Tartan Specials

And as Thistle fan may every Old Firm fan die of penile wart syndrome! 😀. Back on topic, I thought the manager got his tactics spot on today. We seemed to play without a midfield yet could have scored about four goals on the break from midfield! Happy days. On the miserable side, I still don't think Dabo is fit/on form.

Sky Blue Pete

It was an all round team performance today - but McFadz Kelly and Biamou probably made the difference. Wilson (who was cast to the Wolves by some before given a chance) put in another good performance. He had a couple of dodgy moments but came through them and showed character.
I’m one of those, thought his catching has been excellent

Last edited:

David O'Day

As usual you are talking shite. If Celtic can get playing as well as they can they are far better than Rangers.

That'll be 20 quid to Sein Fein from you come may.

cc84cov

Was worried we would set up too defensive today and invite them on,credit to the management they got it right,

I’ll also add derby picking up a win today shows midweek was actually a good point as they possibly are a team on the turn,

Roll on Tuesday against Luton👏🏻

Tartan Specials

As usual you are talking shite. If Celtic can get playing as well as they can they are far better than Rangers.

That'll be 20 quid to Sein Fein from you come may.
Dear oh dear, this has went South quickly. On the upside, I think we're definitely better than Rotherham and Wycombe. The question is, who else......? If we win that we stay up. PUSB.

Dirk Turpin

bit late to the party but great 3 pts for us, Biamou class today(im not sure if he'd been up all night watching drogba video's on youtube). Fadz solid, Kelly solid I'm impressed with todays performance.

Astute

Was worried we would set up too defensive today and invite them on,credit to the management they got it right,

I’ll also add derby picking up a win today shows midweek was actually a good point as they possibly are a team on the turn,

Roll on Tuesday against Luton👏🏻
We did set up defensively again but with 2 strikers on. And we dealt with their aerial threat well.

It might have felt different as we could relax for most of the game after getting an early 2 goal lead.

mark82

We did set up defensively again but with 2 strikers on. And we dealt with their aerial threat well.

It might have felt different as we could relax for most of the game after getting an early 2 goal lead.

Was more reminiscent of last year, particularly towards the end of the season. Get an advantage early then control the game.

Users who are viewing this thread