Roy Hodgson (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

Set to get the sack today apparently.

Everytime a lower prem team like Palace start looking for a new manager I get twitchy that eventually someone is going to realise what a good manager Robins actually is...........

OffenhamSkyBlue

I have a feeling he'd want a bigger club, his pay off from Chelsea was massive so he doesn't need to take a job.
Not sure there would be much interest in him from genuinely bigger clubs. He did well getting Brighton to the next level, but was inept at Chelsea. Emperor's New Clothes

David O'Day

Not sure there would be much interest in him from genuinely bigger clubs. He did well getting Brighton to the next level, but was inept at Chelsea. Emperor's New Clothes
Maybe but as he agreed a 13m quid payoff he can afford to be choosey.

Also the struggles of a good manager like Poch at Chelsea can make people think "maybe it wasn't you after all".

SBT

Set to get the sack today apparently.

Everytime a lower prem team like Palace start looking for a new manager I get twitchy that eventually someone is going to realise what a good manager Robins actually is...........
Robins doesn’t really offer the instant success that Premier League teams seem to crave.

David O'Day

Who?? I have zero interest in European football, so i'm completely in the dark when these new names are bandied about! Mind you, i couldn't really care who manages Palarse either so i don't even know why i'm here :D
He got Wolsburg back in the Champions League and won the Europa League with Frankfurt.

SlowerThanPlatt

Missing their two most creative players in Eze and Olise, difficult job to be pitched into.

Lose to Everton on Monday and they’re right in it.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s a shame Hodgson is unwell but I would still sack him today. He is to old to be a manager and these illnesses are showing this.

skybluecam

Robins doesn’t really offer the instant success that Premier League teams seem to crave.
He won a trophy less than a month after returning to us and got promotion at the first time of asking :ROFLMAO:

From his 5live interview a while ago I don't think he's interested tbh. Stung by the Huddersfield job.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He won a trophy less than a month after returning to us and got promotion at the first time of asking :ROFLMAO:

From his 5live interview a while ago I don't think he's interested tbh. Stung by the Huddersfield job.

I think his point is more on the fact his ideology is to treat a club like a project and a longer term piece of work.

The PL is notorious for wanting instant results. We still got relegated the season we won the JPT anyway!

Reactions: SBT

alexccfc99

I like Roy - A good manager for a certain style of club, backed up by a friend of mine saying the best years he has had watching The Baggies were his couple of seasons, jobs like England and Liverpool probably a bit too big for him but no shame in that, hope he enjoys a well earned retirement

Users who are viewing this thread