Rules they should bring back (1 Viewer)

mmttww

Only penalise handball if deliberate...

This drives me insane. It's so f*cking simple:

- Referee thinks player used their arm / hand, it's handball.
- Referee thinks the ball hits their arm / hand, it's not handball.

With VAR, enforcing this is so easy. All the complication is nuts.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This drives me insane. It's so f*cking simple:

- Referee thinks player used their arm / hand, it's handball.
- Referee thinks the ball hits their arm / hand, it's not handball.

With VAR, enforcing this is so easy. All the complication is nuts.
But I think if a ball hits their hand unintentionally but stops a goal or chance going unpunished is unfair as well.

I think any handball should be an indirect free kick even in the area. If its deliberate it should be a red card.

mmttww

But I think if a ball hits their hand unintentionally but stops a goal or chance going unpunished is unfair as well.
Totally disagree on that one. Nothing makes me hate football officiating and fan bullsh*t like a handball which just f*cking hit someone.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah and I’d rather watch games won because someone has come on fresh and played well than because players are tired. I’d honestly have as many subs as you want within limits on stoppages, if it didn’t hand such an advantage to rich clubs.

Fatigue is part of the game and you don’t want to get to a situation like Rugby Union where the players are conditioned to play 50-60 minutes in an 80m game because you can sub over half your team.

It benefits the lesser teams too, it’s much easier to defend in a team structure with fresher players.

Terry Gibson's perm

Three steps for keepers😉. I can only remember it once and that was Oggy against Forest and I think Pearce scored the free kick. Jim Leighton at Man Utd used to get away with about 20

slowpoke

Change the “whole of the ball must be over the line” rule to the pitch of the ball so any green between ball and line it’s out of play.

Users who are viewing this thread