Rumour from Ryton training ground (1 Viewer)

CCFCDan87

Reason in delay from football league is they believe we've been playing players under wrong registrations and we could be docked 3 points per player. I can't see this happening because it sounds too far fetched but the way the past week has gone, it wouldn't surprise me. Anyone else heard this?

letsallsingtogether

Sounds about right cant organize a piss up comes to mind no ticket office no ground no players no club cant get any worse can it !!

S

skyblue2k

Utter tosh, dan 15 minutes to go so its time for you to leave

theferret

Don't believe this for a minute. Chinese whispers, somebody said something, was posted on a forum, was then repeated in a pub, and then Jim, who knows Clive who delivers urinal bricks to Ryton says it's 3 points per player.

Unless of course it is true in which case I apologise in advance.

cloughie

Don't believe this for a minute. Chinese whispers, somebody said something, was posted on a forum, was then repeated in a pub, and then Jim, who knows Clive who delivers urinal bricks to Ryton says it's 3 points per player.

Doubt your apologies will be needed

Otis

Absolute rubbish.

It's true they did give us 3 point deductions for each of the players, but they then saw David Bell on the treatment table yet again and gave us 60 points back in sympathy.

corniepaste

Absolute rubbish.

It's true they did give us 3 point deductions for each of the players, but they then saw David Bell on the treatment table yet again and gave us 60 points back in sympathy.

HA HA HA

Thank you for lightening the mood, it's needed
These days more and more.

Nonleagueherewecome

Reason in delay from football league is they believe we've been playing players under wrong registrations and we could be docked 3 points per player. I can't see this happening because it sounds too far fetched but the way the past week has gone, it wouldn't surprise me. Anyone else heard this?

No, but I posted yesterday that it's what they do in non-league (you have to go down a long way to find this level of incompetence!) and that it could be a possible outcome if the registrations are in a different company. One that is in no way related to the one with the Golden Share.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm claiming this one, then ;)

WFC

God, I hope that isn't the case, it could lead to calls from clubs for your results to be invalid (given your result against us and our position our fans will probably be shouting more than most). If it is that I hope to god it is only recent and doesn't go back a few seasons. If it did it would be bound to influence relegations and promotions, lead to all sorts of claims from clubs and would call into question the integrity of the whole football league. It would have ramifications across the whole of English football.
:(:(:(

Nonleagueherewecome

Worryingly, it has been said that once the story is known in full, the ramifications for English football could be massive...

WFC

Worryingly, it has been said that once the story is known in full, the ramifications for English football could be massive...

F#&%& H£##, if it does turn out like that it will be the biggest story ever in football, your club will be vilified by every football club and fan in the land and whoever turned out to be responsible would be lucky to get out the country alive. Surely it can't be that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nah, you're right, it probably isn't that. It's probably just something about being able to move parts of a football club into different companies then claim that they're unrelated, but I don't think we're getting chucked out of the league with all of our results expunged. If we were a non-league side, we probably would be, though!

WFC

Suspect you're right. If that was the case the FL would work out some way to declare the results valid but the financial management of the club having irregularities in order to protect the integrity of the competition. Suspect you might then end up in something like a Luton situation, may be a bit worse for having come close to destroying the FL. Suspect other clubs would moan but ultimately agree for the same reasons. One thing is for certain in that situation is they would never let your current owners own a league club again.

Users who are viewing this thread