Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (22 Viewers)

ccfc92

Will we be told about the small print?

The way Italia is now saying it will be rejected and everybody should be on at SISU kind of makes it seem like a PR stunt already rather than an actual genuine offer.

I doubt it, no. The most will be "SISU rejects £Xmillion offer from....."

I agree, if someone offers SISU a pound, it's all been a build up to nothing. Italia seems confident it will caause a stir, so let's wait and see, we have a whole summer to ridicule him for leading us all on :)

Nick

Administrator
Will it be as good as this?

The offer to purchase the club was a symbolic £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton.
giphy.gif

ccfc92

Will it be as good as this?

The offer to purchase the club was a symbolic £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton.

Who from and when was this offer made? I recall it vaguely.

Esoterica

When I was a kid, my pet tortoise went missing one year, just before the winter started. Searched the house and garden but couldn't find him anywhere - my parents tried to reassure me he'd gone off to hibernate somewhere warm and dark. Some days later the dining room started to honk really badly and I eventually found he'd crawled up behind the radiator, got stuck and then slow cooked in his own shell for over a week. I'll never forget the look on his face.

ccfc92

That was the KCIC one (with Hoffman I think it was pulling the strings).

What would you say is a legitimate offer?

Obviously, the £52,000 offer is a joke, but what offer would you say it would be unreasonable for SISU simply reject and laugh at?

Nick

Administrator
What would you say is a legitimate offer?

Obviously, the £52,000 offer is a joke, but what offer would you say it would be unreasonable for SISU simply reject and laugh at?

It's hard to say, it needs to give them a way out and to be able to save a bit of face.

Some will disagree but I'd happily let them keep Ryton for starters as part of the deal if that's what it took and then a decent plan to rebuild.

It depends on the plans as well to be able to get behind it I think as well as the amount they offer.

They could say they have offered £200m to SISU as a headline to get everybody angry that SISU didn't tell.

Then further down it could say:

£1 up front, we will give the rest on winning the champions league, we want it debt free etc etc etc.

ccfc92

It's hard to say, it needs to give them a way out and to be able to save a bit of face.

Some will disagree but I'd happily let them keep Ryton for starters as part of the deal if that's what it took.

It depends on the plans as well to be able to get behind it I think.

No, I mean off hand, without thinking too much about the fine print, if the CT ran a headline saying "SISU reject £5million bid" for example, what would you think?

Basically, I'm just trying to gauge what is a PR bid and a legitimate bid, mainly because I think it'd be harsh on Italia if he heard there was a bid, told us all and it turned out to be true, but he couldn't have possibly known the details etc.

Nick

Administrator
No, I mean off hand, without thinking too much about the fine print, if the CT ran a headline saying "SISU reject £5million bid" for example, what would you think?

Basically, I'm just trying to gauge what is a PR bid and a legitimate bid, mainly because I think it'd be harsh on Italia if he heard there was a bid, told us all and it turned out to be true, but he couldn't have possibly known the details etc.

It would depend on if it was £5m there and then or if there was a payment plan type thing, it's hard to say without knowing a bit more detail than a headline.

If he has just been told there was a bid and nothing else, it doesn't explain why he is already spinning it as everybody should be angry at SISU as they will reject it.

ccfc92

It would depend on if it was £5m there and then or if there was a payment plan type thing, it's hard to say without knowing a bit more detail than a headline.

If he has just been told there was a bid and nothing else, it doesn't explain why he is already spinning it as everybody should be angry at SISU as they will reject it.

£5mill straight up.

That's why I'm asking you. If they offer 50p, then yeah, it's all a joke.

But if they offered over a million, or a few million, surely that's a legit offer?

Nick

Administrator
£5mill straight up.

That's why I'm asking you. If they offer 50p, then yeah, it's all a joke.

But if they offered over a million, or a few million, surely that's a legit offer?

Yeah, but again it's still hard to judge. I'd like to think 10-15m would see them go, I don't know how much Ryton is worth at the minute to factor that into it to try and work something out.

Issue is, it's not really worth £10m which is where it sticks.

If they offered a million, what would they want to do about the debt? Would it be few p for every pound?

The other thing that makes me think it might be for PR is:

If the news does come out tomorrow we should be ready to blitz Sisu and any of their puppets with a social barrage.
Is there a full list of contact details anywhere ? Are we allowed to publish them ?
Keep it sensible, no threats or anything stupid but let them know your feelings.

Also:

As well as the whole "I guess you will be supporting SISU on Tuesday crap" that started it all off ;)

skybluetony176

Nicks lining his ducks up already just in case there is a genuine offer being made. Nick will try to divert the conversation onto either the legitimacy of the party or parties making the offer based on previous actions while ignoring the legitimacy of the current offer or promote faux anger at Italia for getting peoples hopes up.

(edit) looking at the post he's made while I was typing this out originally I'd say I'm pretty much bang on. Nick, you're just going to have to come to terms with it. SISU aren't going to be here forever.

Brylowes

When I was a kid, my pet tortoise went missing one year, just before the winter started. Searched the house and garden but couldn't find him anywhere - my parents tried to reassure me he'd gone off to hibernate somewhere warm and dark. Some days later the dining room started to honk really badly and I eventually found he'd crawled up behind the radiator, got stuck and then slow cooked in his own shell for over a week. I'll never forget the look on his face.
How did he taste?

What source did you use.;)

Nick

Administrator
Nicks lining his ducks up already just in case there is a genuine offer being made. Nick will try to divert the conversation onto either the legitimacy of the party or parties making the offer based on previous actions while ignoring the legitimacy of the current offer or promote faux anger at Italia for getting peoples hopes up.

I'm not lining any ducks up at all, I said exactly the same about past offers rather than going off the headlines. There was nearly murder because I had the cheek to ask for info about the KCIC offer.

Nice try though.

What do you think about Italia ACTUALLY trying to whip up faux anger before we know anything about it?

If there is a genuine offer with a plan going forward for the club then of course I will want it to be accepted, it doesn't mean that I think it would be.

ccfc92

Yeah, but again it's still hard to judge. I'd like to think 10-15m would see them go, I don't know how much Ryton is worth at the minute to factor that into it to try and work something out.

Issue is, it's not really worth £10m which is where it sticks.

If they offered a million, what would they want to do about the debt? Would it be few p for every pound?

The other thing that makes me think it might be for PR is:

Also:

As well as the whole "I guess you will be supporting SISU on Tuesday crap" that started it all off ;)

I know what you mean.

All I'm trying to say if Italia only knows there's a bid, no details, it's a bit harsh to have a go at him if it turns out to be a PR stunt (£1 bid etc)

If there's no bids or he does know details, then form an orderly queue :)

Liquid Gold

At the risk of being ridiculed for all of time by the SBT populace, i heard from someone loosely connected to both city and wasps that they have heard rumblings about a take over involving 4 wealthy men (Hoffman being confirmed as one of them) taking a percentage each (15-20%) and the remaining shares being sold off to fans.

This proposal was apparently being taken to a board meeting for a vote some time this week. I took it with a pinch of salt, and can in no way verify the accuracy but they would have no reason to lie to me.
Now that's how you do a rumour.

Nick

Administrator
I know what you mean.

All I'm trying to say if Italia only knows there's a bid, no details, it's a bit harsh to have a go at him if it turns out to be a PR stunt (£1 bid etc)

If there's no bids or he does know details, then form an orderly queue :)

If he only knows there's been a bid and no details why is he already trying to whip up anger about it being rejected, as well as saying things like they could be gone and it can all be sorted by Wednesday etc. Then going on about people supporting SISU on Wednesday etc.

It's not like he came on and was like Malaka when he said "I have heard a rumour, it is a strictly a rumour so don't take it as fact but this is what I have heard and these are the whispers...."

quinn1971

Hoffman was heading one of the offers, don't know anymore than that..to be honest never had much of a chance, they'll only sell for stupid money and who's going to offer that when there's nothing to buy...hopefully just testing the water and somebody comes in with a serious offer

skybluetony176

I'm not lining any ducks up at all, I said exactly the same about past offers rather than going off the headlines. There was nearly murder because I had the cheek to ask for info about the KCIC offer.

Nice try though.

What do you think about Italia ACTUALLY trying to whip up faux anger before we know anything about it?

Like I said in my edit to my OP. Looking at the post you've made while I was typing it out I'd say I'm pretty much bang on. Nick, you're just going to have to come to terms with it. SISU aren't going to be here forever.

Like all the takeover rumours that have been flying around for months now and from other posters than Italia I'll take it with a big pinch of salt until and unless something happens. I'm sure you're no different which is why I say faux anger. You also haven't displayed any of the faux anger you're already displaying towards Italia already when other posters have come out with stuff in the not so distance past.

So yes, you're lining your ducks up. If it comes out that a genuine offer has been made but SISU's unrealistic expectations have caused any chance of a deal succeeding you'll blame everyone else or direct attention to a certain poster for apparently getting everyone's hopes up. The fact that the only scenario that you don't seem to be coming at is the possibility and most likely possibility that SISU are living in cloud cuckoo land over what the club and debts are worth again only confirms which way you are lining your ducks up.

You're far too predictable. Like someone posted the other day. Nicks defending SISU and they're not even surprised.

Nick

Administrator
Like I said in my edit to my OP. Looking at the post you've made while I was typing it out I'd say I'm pretty much bang on. Nick, you're just going to have to come to terms with it. SISU aren't going to be here forever.

Like all the takeover rumours that have been flying around for months now and from other posters than Italia I'll take it with a big pinch of salt until and unless something happens. I'm sure you're no different which is why I say faux anger. You also haven't displayed any of the faux anger you're already displaying towards Italia already when other posters have come out with stuff in the not so distance past.

So yes, you're lining your ducks up. If it comes out that a genuine offer has been made but SISU's unrealistic expectations have caused any chance of a deal succeeding you'll blame everyone else or direct attention to a certain poster for apparently getting everyone's hopes up. The fact that the only scenario that you don't seem to be coming at is the possibility and most likely possibility that SISU are living in cloud cuckoo land over what the club and debts are worth again only confirms which way you are lining your ducks up.

You're far too predictable. Like someone posted the other day. Nicks defending SISU and they're not even surprised.

No, because if it is a great offer then I will say that it's a great offer. It's not hard to understand.

I'm not displaying faux anger at Italia, I have said he has back tracked (as have others) from how he was portraying it before and how it reads more like a PR stunt the way he is saying things. Have others who have repeated rumours given it the "I guess you will be backing SISU come Wednesday" and stuff like that?

Where have SISU been defended in any of it in terms of Italia's rumour? What's more predictable is using that bullshit because I have pointed out it looks like it could be a PR stunt to get everybody worked up. The whole "Everybody get ready to be angry at SISU" type comments make it look that way.

If it is a PR stunt then no doubt you will be on at people who question it or try to gather more information about it like you were with the £51,987.35 offer from KCIC to buy the club debt free. Looking back you were quite worked up when anybody asked anything about it because they weren't just getting angry at SISU for rejecting it. :emoji_clap: Apparently people who asked Michael questions about it were doing "SISU's spin". You even called somebody a "spin doctor" and a "fan" because they asked these about that KCIC offer:

..... and how can that rent be imposed on a 3rd party if they haven't been involved in it?

Who is culpable if the rent isn't paid?

Will KCIC put money into an escrow?

How does the attendance work? Is it game by game or is it based on the average at the end of the season? Is the rent cost for attendances over 5k flat or on a sliding scale? If the club averaged 5001 over the season would it be expected to pay the same as 15k?

Sorry but it sounds like a gimmick to me.

Your reply:

And the sisu spin doctor has entered the building. No need to employ WS with "fans" like you around.

In reply to somebody saying he was just asking questions, you said:

No he wasn't. He was pissing on chips. There was nothing constructive in his "questioning" and he signed off by saying it was a gimmick.

Yeah. Looks like you are the predictable one in all of this using the "defending SISU" line when they clearly aren't.

The other good ones were when somebody asked decent questions about how the offer would work, not stupid ones or abusive and your clever replies were to just bang on about asking SISU about the new stadium.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread