Ryan Kent (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

What a superb full debut this lad had,his first full league match. Took most the first half to get settled, used to the players around him, his position, tempo of the match etc,etc. but second half he was superb could have scored a hat-trick. It also shows what i believe is wrong with Premiership football, this kid and Adam Armstrong at Newcastle should be part of their parent clubs first team, too young at 18 is bollox frankly but their loss is our gain and fingers crossed we keep them all season.
Also i think Tony Mowbray needs a big pat on the back re. Kent, he could have subbed him after an hour or so i thought he would, not because he was playing poor quiet the opposite but new to the team, put experience on like Tudgay but what TM has done leaving him on all match must have gave him a huge confidence booster. Another example of good management.

wexfordskyblue

Facebook User
I'm a long time reader don't comment much but I must agree with rupert on both points. I'm a long time Coventry fan and this year is the first time in years I feel we will be competing at the right end of the table, this must be credited to the manager. Hope we can hold on to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Agree. Filled in the void left by Maddison. Got a bright future ahead of him.

matesx

I'm a long time reader don't comment much but I must agree with rupert on both points. I'm a long time Coventry fan and this year is the first time in years I feel we will be competing at the right end of the table, this must be credited to the manager. Hope we can hold on to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me Mammy lives in Wexford

... just saying

shmmeee

Was daydreaming yesterday about us going up and keeping the front three we have on loan another year. Such a shame they're not ours, but if they were they'd be sold in Jan!

skybluelee

Yep, well done TM for being able to secure the deal. The lad is absolute class and will have a field day against League 1 defences.

Otis

I reckon a sneaky bid of £200,000 and we can nab him in January surely!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Well that's what I was thinking. We tell Liverpool £2000,000, but then make the cheque out for £200,000 and hope they don't notice.

Gazolba

Lets face it, it's unlikely any of these English 'starlets' will ever make it in the Premier league; there is just too much competition from overseas players. And with so many foreign managers with a low-opinion of anything British, it will be an uphill struggle for any of them to make it. Just look at the scorers each week, it's rare that you ever see a British player scoring. Even Wayne Rooney is now being overshadowed by an 19-year old Frenchman.

H

Huckerby

Was daydreaming yesterday about us going up and keeping the front three we have on loan another year. Such a shame they're not ours, but if they were they'd be sold in Jan!

If we got promoted it would probably happen!

Longford

Lets face it, it's unlikely any of these English 'starlets' will ever make it in the Premier league; there is just too much competition from overseas players. And with so many foreign managers with a low-opinion of anything British, it will be an uphill struggle for any of them to make it. Just look at the scorers each week, it's rare that you ever see a British player scoring. Even Wayne Rooney is now being overshadowed by an 19-year old Frenchman.

Callum Wilson ?

BackRoomRummermill

This weeks winner of daft post , reality check is on its way in the post

magic82ball

What a load of old cobblers! Martin, vardy, Wilson, ings, Ritchie, berahino all scored this weekend - all British. And thats not including the likes of Rooney, Kane and sturridge who usually score for fun at this level. You can also include Dann, henderson in the list of previous players. Hell Leon bloody Barnett was playing in the prem a couple of years ago!!!!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

What a load of old cobblers! Martin, vardy, Wilson, ings, Ritchie, berahino all scored this weekend - all British. And thats not including the likes of Rooney, Kane and sturridge who usually score for fun at this level. You can also include Dann, henderson in the list of previous players. Hell Leon bloody Barnett was playing in the prem a couple of years ago!!!!

I think its a fair point but maybe a little overexaggerated, 20 years ago Berahinho, Vardy, Wilson would all be at a top 6 premier league club. If you look at the top scorer charts in the early 90s it would be dominated by Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Cole, Le Tissier, Fowler, Sutton, Wright, Sheringham, Collymore. Are we not producing the players anymore or are they just not being given the chance?

Go look at some championship teams, 20/30 years ago a lot of these players would have played for a top 10 team.

rupert_bear

A lot depends on the personal ambition of the player waiting for the big break at Anfield and the wages that go with it or playing every week a league or two lower, I would think Kent is a minimum two years away from a chance of dislodging a Liverpool first teamer

bawtryneal

A lot depends on the personal ambition of the player waiting for the big break at Anfield and the wages that go with it or playing every week a league or two lower, I would think Kent is a minimum two years away from a chance of dislodging a Liverpool first teamer

unfortunately money talks plus greedy agent !!!

ptr

Looks like he will be an excellent player who will chip in with some goals. I tell you what if the signings we've made continue to do well a lot of credit has to go to Venus who has supposedly been in charge of recruitment. Him and Mowbray have been patient and really done their homework

Unlike last year where I think pressley and waggot drew names out of hat when they were picking signings.

rupert_bear

Waggott must surely be cringing with embaressment when he compares the dross he and Pressley brought in to what Mowbray and Venus have.

Terry Gibson's perm

Waggott must surely be cringing with embaressment when he compares the dross he and Pressley brought in to what Mowbray and Venus have.

I hope so, it shows what a clueless twat Waagott is and the longer TM keeps him out of the picture the better chance we have. I wonder what TM thought when he got here and looked at the squad they had thrown together last season.

Although it pains me to say this but the other person who has to come out of it with some credit is Joy as for the first time since buying the club she has listened to somebody who knows about football and let TM get on with it as I can't imagine Waggott was happy to give up his little game of football manager that he was playing.

rupert_bear

I agree with your Joy statement. I don't think she has or had a clue on football and was just taking advice from the experts, that being Waggott and Fisher both seemingly put on the back burners nowadays. I don't know what ambitions she has for CCFC the business, but if off loading it eventually is a plan might be a little easier in the championship than were we were heading last year.

magic82ball

I think its a fair point but maybe a little overexaggerated, 20 years ago Berahinho, Vardy, Wilson would all be at a top 6 premier league club. If you look at the top scorer charts in the early 90s it would be dominated by Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Cole, Le Tissier, Fowler, Sutton, Wright, Sheringham, Collymore. Are we not producing the players anymore or are they just not being given the chance?

Go look at some championship teams, 20/30 years ago a lot of these players would have played for a top 10 team.
That isn't the point he was making. He said that Kent and Armstrong would be unlikely to make it at their parent clubs as they are in the prem and they don't tend to let English players come through. I guess a better example would be to list the players that play for these clubs before they were turned 21. Off the top off my head it would be Joe Gomez, Martin Kelly, Jon Flanagan, Henderson, Moreno, can, rossiter, coutinho, ibe, origi and that's just Liverpool. Not all British but still prepared to give youth it's head. And that doesn't include sterling!!

Evo1883

I believe that Kent is on the verge of breaking into their first team squad , their supporters rate him as does brendan rodgers , i imagine he will see this season out on loan hopefully to us and will get a squad number next summer

Users who are viewing this thread