Sad news (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

The fan who had a cardiac arrest in block 26 before the Forest games has passed away.

Paul Jones was his name.

The image of him receiving CPR and his children in bits being comforted by a steward are haunting and will stay with me for a while. I tried my best to avert my daughters gaze from what was happening.

The news was he was pulling through but on social media its confirmed he passed yesterday.

RIP Paul, 12th Minute round of applause being planned for the Reading game

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Such terribly sad news. I guess it’s the anxious part of my brain but it’s always been a fear of mine going to games with my dad who’s in his 60s. For the poor kids to have had to endure that at such a young age, I can’t even imagine. My heart goes out to them and his friends and family. Rest in peace Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

That’s awful news, thoughts are with his family and friends. R.I.P. Paul.

higgs

Very sad news puts a game of football into perspective thoughts are with his family Rip Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Oh no. RIP Paul.
After reading the reports in the media the outlook sounded promising but I was speaking to someone who knows him Saturday and the said he was very poorly.
My heart goes out to his family.

gruffskyblue

Just awful news. My wife teaches his daughter. Can't imagine how the family must be feeling.

I was the same. We were in block 23 and I was desperately trying to divert my daughters attention. The stewards and paramedics were incredible, trying to deal with the situation in the most cramped of areas.

R.I.P to our Sky Blue friend.

Johnnythespider

I only realised who this was earlier when i saw a pic of him put on fb by a friend, he used to knock about with an older brother and his mates back in the late 70s early 80s, he had the nickname Rex, i don't know why. Condolences to his family

Covkid1968#

That’s just really sad news…..😞😞

AStonesThrow

Rest in Peace Paul, such a tragedy and puts life into perspective. Thoughts and prayers with the family and his children 🤍🕊

Otis

Oh, I thought he had pulled through and was on the mend, so this is quite a shock.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread