Saddest comedy sketch/scene (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

The final scene from Blackadder

Nana dying in The Royle family

Del and Rodney in the lift in only fools and horses

A few scenes from Derek

ajsccfc

When Del Boy fell through the bar, David Jason suffered a concussion that gives him memory loss to this day.

R

RB1992

Not comedy, but did anyone watch an old TV drama called "Afterlife"? Must have been about 10 years or so ago on BBC I believe. The final scenes show one of the lead characters finally succumbing to his illness and walking into the afterlife with his young son who died in a car accident a few years before. It was very sad and the only time I've properly choked up over a TV show.

To this day I have not come across a single other person who watched the show. I'm starting to think I imagined it.

chiefdave

It was beautifully done
On one of the Blackadder documentaries they were saying that the slow motion and way it was filmed wasn't planned but when they got the footage back it looked terrible so they messed around with it to salvage what they could.

skybluedan

For some reason I ain't seen the black adder ending, seen the wonder years final scene

ajsccfc

I would say one of the many moments from the Office where David Brent is left pitiful, alone and humiliated.

In a series full of depressing moments, that bit in the Christmas specials where he's alone in the dingy nightclub dressing room is the lowest point.

Sky_Blue_Daz

In a series full of depressing moments, that bit in the Christmas specials where he's alone in the dingy nightclub dressing room is the lowest point.
Apart from Dawn and Tim getting together the best scene was David Brent telling finchy to f**k off
In fact his scene when he he's asking not to get sacked and the realization of not being as important to the company as he thought it quite sad too

vow

Royle Family Bathroom scene with Jim and Denise brought a tear to my eye.
Her waters broke and Jim says "You sure you didn't just have a great big piss?"
caroline-aherne-ricky-tomlinson-the-royle-family.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I am sure there was one in Derek, I think it was Kev where he stopped pissing about and was serious for a bit.

Quite a few in Derek though.

Joy Division

Would love to like Derek but just can't get over Gervais doing *that* face

Otis

Would love to like Derek but just can't get over Gervais doing *that* face
Yep, ditto on that.

I just couldn't embrace the character at all because to me it came across as a caricature.

Maybe I should give it another try, because I do really like a lot of his work, but with this I just couldn't get past one whole episode and I hated his portrayal and manifestation of the character.

RegTheDonk

The chicken on the bus scene, final MASH episode.

And Futurama when Fry thinks his dog was better off without him.

Monners

There's a few lump in your throat moments between Ken and his daughter in Early doors though more poignant than sad.
Early Doors was brilliant. Ken the landlord was trying to keep his head above water while all others enjoyed themselves (even the grumpy old git)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Early Doors was brilliant. Ken the landlord was trying to keep his head above water while all others enjoyed themselves (even the grumpy old git)
Loved early doors, growing up in the pub trade I could identify with most of the characters particularly the police
Dad used to do a lock in most nights of the week 4 coppers used to come in just after midnight a couple of times a week

Monners

Loved early doors, growing up in the pub trade I could identify with most of the characters particularly the police
Dad used to do a lock in most nights of the week 4 coppers used to come in just after midnight a couple of times a week
Pinky and Perky

skybluetony176

Royle Family Bathroom scene with Jim and Denise brought a tear to my eye.
Her waters broke and Jim says "You sure you didn't just have a great big piss?"
caroline-aherne-ricky-tomlinson-the-royle-family.jpg

The writing in the Royal Family is nothing short of genius. Great sitcom.

Derek was great writing also. Ricky Gervais is very good at sentimental and is evident in most things he's done on both TV and film.

dancers lance

The final Rowley Birkin from the Fast Show
Derek when he meets his Dad

Gazolba

The saddest for me was in an episode of Frasier, when Frasier and Roz were on a business trip, and due to a booking error were about to share a hotel room (and bed) together. And at the last minute another male co-worker without a room showed up and ruined the circumstance.

lifeskyblue

Just reading this thread shows that some of the best comedy ever mixes pathos with laughs. Yes Derek has some wonderful moments as does the royal family, red dwarf, fast show and the rest.
For me it is the last episode of blackadder...really brought home the enormity and futility of war and the absurdity of WW1 in particular. Perfect in recalling captain blackadders understanding throughout the series in how it would all end. . A master stroke playing with the film to get it just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread