Safe Standing Petition (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I have signed it.

Online petitions never usually amount to anything though. It isn't the same as an old woman knocking on your door asking you to sign to save the local church :(

rob9872

Absolutely pointless since the EPL have already said they will object to any recommendations. I heard a few snippets on TalkSport about it and as they said after the problems before, despite all the other attributing factors, it would only take one unfortunate incident and politicians would be blamed for "blood on their hands" so not a chance they would motion it. The review is to keep the masses happy.

Imo what should happen is a designated area where fans can stand up in front of their seats if they so choose, without the interfering bizzi-body policing of some pocket-Hitler steward who was bullied at school!

Dinyull

Would make the Ricoh look even more empty......saying that the club could save money by just opening the CET.

rob9872

I took my wife to Peterborough last year who had never had the privilege of standing at a game before. When we scored she nearly sh*t herself, but for me it was one of the greatest buzz moments in football for years. She did thank me for my 'knowldge' that despite being in there early we chose to stand directly in front of the metal barrier as opposed to behind and lean on it. She couldn't understand what I meant ... until we scored :)

rob9872

lol was posting that as yours came up! Spooky - although not been too many times for me in recent years. Had it at Gillingham for a couple of years but then they put in that temporary stand - sitting in the rain, bravo to whoever thought of that! :( Does Scnny still have some too as I've yet to visit there?

smileycov

Facebook User
Not in the Away end, i am sure they have some in the home end though. But they have to get that all seated now aswell.Only had a certain amount of time to keep it.

rob9872

Smiley: whenever I see that kit, for some reason it always reminds me of Roger Van Gool. No idea why as I was only quite young and rarely saw anything of him. Bizarre fact for no reason that I simply wanted to share :)

Walking Bird

Imo what should happen is a designated area where fans can stand up in front of their seats if they so choose, without the interfering bizzi-body policing of some pocket-Hitler steward who was bullied at school!

Pretty much what we have on the top 20 rows of Block 15. The stewards don't bother trying to get people to sit anymore, 1 did once but got pretty much no-where.

rob9872

Birmingham in the cup apart, it seems away fans that people want to upset and our stewarding is as bad to away fans at the Ricoh as anywhere else I've seen. I think sometimes that the stewards are like the police and they almost want it to kick off, not only to justify their position but for the rush. You've probaly gathered that despite considering myself a law-abiding citizen I don't have much time or respect for authority :)

Nick

Administrator
Our stewards are useless most of the time and all walk round like they are carrying surf boards under their arms.

There is one who has a tash and I think is high up who I think leaves the coathanger in his jacket he walks with that much of a swagger,

Nick

Administrator
Anything to attempt a more fearsome atmosphere for the away teams!

I would love for the away fans and teams to be intimidated coming to the Ricoh, but that isn't gonna happen while Tea Boy is welcoming them like he does! :(

hackneyfox

It's the bit where he asks you to applaud each half empty stand that is the most intimidating.

You'd have thought that someone would have pointed it out to him by now.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Smiley: whenever I see that kit, for some reason it always reminds me of Roger Van Gool. No idea why as I was only quite young and rarely saw anything of him. Bizarre fact for no reason that I simply wanted to share :)

Not sure I wanted to be reminded of Roger Van Gool.

He was supposed to be the foreign star who would make up for losing Ian Wallace to Forest.

Some things just stick in your mind and I rememember an article about Van Gool in the West Ender that described his dribbling technique perfectly - he would take the ball up to the full back and then perform a strange Belgian folk dance in front of the bemused defender who would then take the ball of him and clear it upfield.

ccfctommy

One question.

These new grounds like the Ricoh, Walkers etc have very steep steps between seats. To Have a terrace would you need to rebuild the innerds of the stand!?

Users who are viewing this thread