Samuels, Ward and Pennington (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Samuels, Ward and Pennington are all 21 years of age and have had little competitive football outside of Coventry City. Could we realistically get these in on transfers?

Webster, Johnson, Jackson and Pugh are all wages we could save.?..to invest in these three.

if SISU want to get fans back they need something like this to kick start it.

RFC

Samuels, Ward and Pennington are all 21 years of age and have had little competitive football outside of Coventry City. Could we realistically get these in on transfers?

Webster, Johnson, Jackson and Pugh are all wages we could save.?..to invest in these three.

if SISU want to get fans back they need something like this to kick start it.

Would the loan players host clubs be willing to release or sell them? Doubt it but we might just get them bsck on season long loans!

Hobo

Maybe Pennington, but little chance with the other 2 I would have thought.

Is Samuels really in Readings plans? He has played about once for them and is 21. Ward might look good for us but has he really got a future at Tottenham.

even if we could sign two and get the other on a season long loan?

no_loyalty

I think we could get Ward and Pennington on season long loans, but I think Samuels will break through into the Reading side next season

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Can see is getting Pennington back after Martinez has had a proper look at him in the summer, the other two I don't think we stand a chance.

All three are more than capable than playing in the championship so if we get any I'll be happy!

stupot07

Maybe Pennington, but little chance with the other 2 I would have thought.

I agree, although I can't see us getting any of them back next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is Samuels really in Readings plans? He has played about once for them and is 21. Ward might look good for us but has he really got a future at Tottenham.

even if we could sign two and get the other on a season long loan?

Wilson was 21/22 before he got his chance here, I actually think last time I checked Samuel contract was expiring in the summer so could be something there.

Tottenham and Everton won't let Ward, Pennington go. Likelihood is neither of them will make it at there parent clubs but they will want to keep a hold of them for the next 2/3 years to see how they develop, Ryan Mason and Townsend are two spurs players who had lots of loans between the ages of 18-22 and are now only just breaking into the first team over the last 18 months.

If we can get all 3 on season loans it will be great.

Hobo

Not saying we could get all three but I think there are potential deals with all three either as a transfer or loan. I think they could progress their careers more quickly at Coventry....Calum Wilson being the example. If you persuade one you may persuade a second?

We need to start building a side that inspires confidence for the players and the fans.

rupert_bear

If we stay up and Mowbray stays as manager I think there will be a good chance of all three staying at least on loan if TM wants them that is. I would keep Johnson too and take a chance on his injury situation to be honest, a team with Pennington, Samuels, Ward and Johnson in it should be fairly strong. If we don't get them we need to get others, will they be as good ?

ccfc92

How would it work though?

TM is contracted til the end of this season.

That'll be 2/3 months until the start of next season.

So when will he be given money to spend etc? Surely he'd have to sign a contract until the start of the season to see if SISU do as they say?​

Sky Blue Harry H

I think we could get Ward and Pennington on season long loans, but I think Samuels will break through into the Reading side next season

Agree with this, although I would love to see SISU make an offer to buy all 4 and see whether their clubs will play ball. Unlikely they will, though (SISU or their clubs)!

torchomatic

All three would be nice. I think as others have pointed out Samuels would be the most difficult to get hold of. Saying that, a few months ago I'd never heard of him and I'm sure if we couldn't get him again then we'd get someone else I'd never heard of who could have just as much impact.

Hobo

All three would be nice. I think as others have pointed out Samuels would be the most difficult to get hold of. Saying that, a few months ago I'd never heard of him and I'm sure if we couldn't get him again then we'd get someone else I'd never heard of who could have just as much impact.

Whoever comes in we have to get a spine through the team. We need to see players coming in with a specific role. To many signings in the last few years have been gambles or just another body.

we need to see signs that a team is being built.

torchomatic

I agree. I think TM is more astute than SP in that respect and he won't settle for numbers. He'll want players (perms and loans) who will compliment the team and not just get them because there's no one else.

And for me signs a team is being built would be three loans at the max, the rest need to be ours. If possible.

Whoever comes in we have to get a spine through the team. We need to see players coming in with a specific role. To many signings in the last few years have been gambles or just another body.

we need to see signs that a team is being built.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Isnt Pennington out of contract in the summer? If so, I think the best we can hope for is Everton to extend his contract and they let us loan him for the season.

If he's released I can't see us signing him permanently and he'd be snapped up by someone higher who can offer him first team football.

Ward would be decent for a season long loan. If he's highly thought of Spurs and they keep hold of him, again I'd like to think we could get him back.

Samuel may do enough to get into Readings first team next season.

At the minute they have pogrebnyak and Yakubu as strikers. Both getting on and need replacing.

woody11462

Does anyone know the official contract situation with these three? I know Footy Manager has all 3 out of contract at the end of the season but that was back in October and not sure if any of them have resigned.

Hobo

Pennington signed his last contract 2013, Samuel signed 2012 so both their contracts could be up this summer. Can't find anything on Ward, but I am not convinced he will be in Tottenhams long term plans.

skybluegod

How would it work though?

TM is contracted til the end of this season.

That'll be 2/3 months until the start of next season.

So when will he be given money to spend etc? Surely he'd have to sign a contract until the start of the season to see if SISU do as they say?​

He'll be able to see how committed they are by seeing how the new scouting system sets up I guess? Also I assume when discussing a new contract he will ask for a budget, and if its good he will sign but with a clause possibly saying that if he doesn't get.... then he can leave.

Hobo

Once we have safety, you would think the first signing would be TM!

The sooner he can get to work on his long term plans the better!

stupot07

According to Transfermarkt
Samuels contract runs in June 2016
Pennington June 2015
Ward - no info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread