Sandy Hook / American Shootings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Awful that something like this has happened again.

I know that if they made owning guns illegal people would still have them like they do over here but surely it would help cut down things like this?

It will get to the point where schools and big complexes will need armed security guards :(

marcus87

Its crazy that normal people can get rifles as powerfull as that, I don't see how they can let guns be legal madness.

wingy

For a Nation that Claims to lead the world in civilised terms ,they have a massive flaw in their constitution allowing them to bare arms based on a principal 200 years old.

Nick

Administrator
In some places I think it is actually easier to buy a gun legally than it is to get a beer!

wingy

They've got a big problem with the Conservative Right over there ,so much money spent on promotion.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
News reports saying 27 shot dead - at least 18 little ones. Makes you want to weep. So sad. Just before christmas aswell. :(

Brighton Sky Blue

In California, you can get a shotgun at 16 but can't drink till 21. Most Americans will tell you that owning a gun acts as a deterrent-if everyone knows that everyone else has a gun, they're less likely to use one themselves. Total garbage.

redsox

Facebook User
Unfortunately it's self perpetuating. I have an Uncle who lives in Virginia and he carries a gun whilst out so he won't be attacked . It's not loaded.......but they don't know that!:thinking about:

Otis

Awful that something like this has happened again.

I know that if they made owning guns illegal people would still have them like they do over here but surely it would help cut down things like this?

It will get to the point where schools and big complexes will need armed security guards :(

Just makes you shake your head in disbelief. Feeling a mixture of profound sadness and anger.

even mention the name Charlton Heston and my blood starts to boil. Good actor or not, the guy is a deluded idiot.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Very naive and stupid to use this argument. These massacres simply go to show that if these gunmen didn't have guns they couldn't cause half as much damage or kill so many people. Go into a school with a knife rather than 2 hand guns and the death toll would be so much lower and possibly result in no-one being killed at all.

A weapon that can be fired at 50 or 100 or 200 metres has no comparison unless you are talking about explosive devices. Nearly every single one of these massacres is carried out by perpetrators with guns or rifles.

I don't believe that the American people are stupid, but the argument of the right to bear arms is completely outdated and needs consigning to the dustbin.

All those poor children and the grieving families. Very hard not to cry and feel such deep sadness over such a pointless wanton heartless attack.

:(

Real

I would hope that after seeing Obama's speech yesterday something will be done about the right to bear arms. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions of the parents who waved their loved ones off to school, not knowing some lunatic would massacre them in cold blood.

Otis

Some children as young as 5. :(

How sick or disturbed must you be to set out to kill 5 year old children?

Much prefer to see the perpetrators rot in jail then take the easy way out and shoot themselves in some ways. The way they take means they never have to live with what they've done.

Real

American media interviewing the children involved, it doesn't get much lower does it?

Covstu

I have a daughter of 2 and couldn't comprehend this happening to her (almost in tears thinking about it!), I couldn't imagine getting to the school as a parent not knowing if your little one was alive or not.

I remember a recent argument about arming police here in the UK and the chief constable was against it but getting a lot of abuse on the subject but I totally agree with him. Police carry guns, criminals carry one, then they get bigger guns to compete etc etc.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
simply terrible events ......... my heart goes out to those families involved....... simply do not know how you would cope with something like this. No one should die in this way ........ but its little kids for god sake !!!

Tad

Awful. So many lives destroyed. My thoughts go out to all of them.

America, change your laws on guns. This isn't the first time this has happened and its not the last. The law is from a time long gone. It's not needed now.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
He was interviewed once, and the Dunblane thing was mentioned. He said he simply doesn't remember a thing about the day.

Nick

Administrator
In the press today they are saying how he liked COD and the game is controversial.

THERE is no doubt that what children watch affects their behaviour. It isn’t healthy for children to watch people destroying other people.
Video games like Call Of Duty can lead children to become more immune to violence and death.
Without adult mediation, kids may start to think that the violence they see on their screens is normal.
Friends and family portrayed Adam Lanza’s mother Nancy as a paranoid person who stockpiled guns. It is unlikely that she would have been able to give him the influence he needed.
All the time he spent locked away playing the game would have been isolating.
When children are on their own they can’t develop social skills. Without alternative viewpoints his perspective will have been skewed.

It will no doubt start a big debate as to whether these games should be banner, as well as horror films etc etc. Quite obvious that the mother had lots of guns and wasnt right in the head, how do they expect her kids to be?

Otis

Apparently she was trying to bond with him and it is quite natural over there to go to a shooting range together.

They are saying he had Asperger's and didn't like to be touched or hugged. Must have been hard for his mum trying to bond with him and in the States this is considered quite a normal thing to do.

derbyskyblue

Sky was interveiwing a pastor who admitted he has a gun, a pastor even ffs!!
They were pressing him on gun control etc and he just fobbed them off, now is not the time etc etc. You just know hell will freeze over before even a pastor gives up his gun !
There's many things to admire america for but on this they are so wrong, evryone can see it but them. Obamawill have one hell of a job trying to bring in gun control.

Otis

Sky was interveiwing a pastor who admitted he has a gun, a pastor even ffs!!
They were pressing him on gun control etc and he just fobbed them off, now is not the time etc etc. You just know hell will freeze over before even a pastor gives up his gun !
There's many things to admire america for but on this they are so wrong, evryone can see it but them. Obamawill have one hell of a job trying to bring in gun control.

Especially as the flag of the NRA has a gun toting Jesus on it with his hand on the holster,

wingy

So there it is .The answer percieved through the wisdom of the NRA. More guns ,Armed guards in all schools paid for by noneother than themselves

Otis

Yep. Just read that.

Wayne LaPierre, NRA: "Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns"

Sorry, but what a fookin twat. What's he trying to do recreate the wild west? :facepalm:

Mr LaPierre called for a national database of the mentally ill and blamed violent video games and films for portraying murder as a "way of life".

Yep. It's films and games again that are to blame.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," Mr LaPierre told reporters.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is an advocate for tighter gun control laws, said the NRA's response was "a paranoid, dystopian vision of a more dangerous and violent America where everyone is armed and no place is safe".

One bloke here is quite sane and rational and the other, a thick skinned gun-toting loon.

Last edited:

dutchman

They are saying he had Asperger's...

I'm afraid i can't believe that. I know lots of people with Asperger's/ASD, none would ever hurt a fly. They can be very annoying sometimes it's true but never violent.

What they are doing is casting a shadow over everyone who suffers with the condition.

No Link Between Asperger's Syndrome And Violence, Experts Say

I also dislike the popular trend of attributing every single act of violence to some mental condition or other.

Otis

Don't think anyone is saying that Asperger's had anything to do with it. Only that he hadn't bonded very well with his mum and that's why she took him to shooting ranges.

Astute

I also dislike the popular trend of attributing every single act of violence to some mental condition or other.

People like that must be mentaly unstable in some way though. Not the sort of thing the normal person would be capable of. The same with any condition. There will aleays be some different to the majority. Just because you know someone it don't make them all the same. There could also be more than one condition they suffer from.

Users who are viewing this thread