Saturday's game (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMania

Some friends of mine were driving down to Birmingham at the weekend and i took the opportunity to hitch a ride and visit my dad and go to the game, my first in the Ricoh for nearly 2 long years.

It was the single worst game of football i have ever seen played, and there is no exaggeration in that statement. The team were abysmal, i was completely shocked by the lack of talent and, worse of all, effort. I singled out Eastwood and Bell in the first half as Sunday league standard at best. The atmosphere in the ground was non-existant!

Did i just happen to watch the worst performance of the season, or is that what you poor season ticket holders have to put up with every week?

Also the officials were diabolical, and this isn't me being biased. Hull had the ball on the right wing in the first half and their winger was cropped, the lino flagged and the referee didn't spot it. instead of waving his arm off to grab the referees attention he simply lowered his flag and let us clear the ball! The throw in decisions where they both waited to see what the other did before guessing were just hilarious as well!

All in all a very poor weekend!

Nick

Administrator
I know what you mean. I think between that and the Bristol City game the week before they are the joint worst.

Officials have been shocking this season full stop (not just for us). The amount of shocking decisions like you say where the lino and the ref haven't got a clue and basically wait until somebody appeals for it and give it to whoever shouts first.

We have played some good football at some points but to be honest I can't remember when we really did play well at home. Maybe Barnsley when we won 3-0 and that was aggggesss ago.

I hope it didn't ruin your weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread