Scientology (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Hey! If you can get away with paying zero tax by saying you believe people can walk on water, deities can impregnate virgins by magic with a child that is also the person that impregnated them? the moon can be split in half, seemingly at a whim, etc.......surely saying you believe that the souls of aliens live inside lizard people, in volcanoes, on earth, and you have faith this is the truth, gives you the same right to a tax break as the others?

None of them should get a tax break.

NorthernWisdom

David Icke now lives in Ryde here on the Isle of Wight. Keeps himself to himself and now seems harmless enough. I've seen him a few times now, just doing every day things like shopping in the local "Nisa store, and strolling along the front.
There was a superb documentary on David Icke a few years back. He actually speaks very well! But what made the documentary was the fact that some Jewish radicals had decided the fact that Icke was claiming the world was ruled by blood drinking lizards made him anti-semetic. So they followed him everywhere to protest, and you found yourself nodding sagely in agreement when Icke looked plaintively to camera and protested that how could they think that, they were just blood drinking lizards!

(I'll add the caveat that it was a while back now, so there might have been other things that made him anti-semetic, just in case I've forgotten them!!)

bringbackrattles

Going to watch the programme tonight. The review in the paper said Louis gets "shadowed " by members of the cult. Should be interesting.

stupot07

Great. Will watch it again.
Has it been on before? Its says its a tv premier but its from 2015 and I've seen it and I would ha e only watched it on the TV rather than Netflix or something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Has it been on before? Its says its a tv premier but its from 2015 and I've seen it and I would ha e only watched it on the TV rather than Netflix or something.

Think I watched it on Netflix.

bringbackrattles

What a sinister cult Scientology is without doubt. I thought Tom Cruise was a clever bloke,but he's silly and naive to get hoodwinked into it all.

stupot07

I enjoyed it. It was a strange documentary but I get why he did the casting stuff and role plays.

Don't get how they can get away with everything they do.

Otis

I enjoyed it. It was a strange documentary but I get why he did the casting stuff and role plays.

Don't get how they can get away with everything they do.

I'm just found it all too theatrical. Prefer Leah Remini's series on Scientology (2nd season on right now), which is pretty much just interviewing ex members talking about what they went through, how it affected and split up their families and the suppressive and controlling nature of the religion.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Turned the documentary off on about 25 minutes, wasnt the best he has done :(
Me too Nick. I usually like his stuff, but this was just boring. Shame really. There could have been a terrific documentary here.

Nick

Administrator
It was all the role play stuff with actors, I put the one on where he has liposuction instead

Otis

It was all the role play stuff with actors, I put the one on where he has liposuction instead
Yep, found that all a bit showmanshipy and superfluous.

Shame, cos Scientology is a great target for a Louis Theroux type documentary.

eastwoodsdustman

Sky plussed it and watched it today. I think he was trying to tap into the bloke he was interviewing by doing the acting scenes. Its one really weird and aggressive cult. I like most stuff that he's done and actually enjoyed it. He knew full well that he'd never get inside the cult so went at it from different angles to try and get an insight.

Users who are viewing this thread