Scunthorpe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Stuart Linell "its not good, its not good at all"

What's worse is that it's took til February 10th for him to notice it, yet we've all seen the writing on the wall since probably early September when the cracks looked like tectonic plate movement!

fernandopartridge

While I think it's probably time for him to go. I don't think Pressley is a c**t. Some of the personal digs are harsh. He's tried his best but it isn't good enough.

Brighton Sky Blue

A last gasp equaliser is of course welcome but all it does is paper over cracks. Even if we had won tonight from 1-0 down it would have been by accident rather than design. Pressley has to go as soon as possible, there is no two ways about it.

Sub

extremely proud couldn't give me more stuck to our principles what a clown absolute twat really is !!!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
While I think it's probably time for him to go. I don't think Pressley is a c**t. Some of the personal digs are harsh. He's tried his best but it isn't good enough.

Like I said, cunts are useful! :claping hands:

skybluebeduff

You can guess his words without even listening to the radio, pathetically obvious and it's a sign of desperation from him. Rinse repeat, rinse repeat.

skybluebeduff

"You don't know how proud I am of the players tonight, we were terrific, I thought my team completely dominated and shown terrific character to get the result we wanted, it's what I strive for every week, to be terrific, to my wife, or to myself, in the mirror, with a bottle of Iron Bru, absolutely terrific and it's a privilege to work with terrific reflections in my mirror"

Something along those lines anyway.

I wasn't far off. Just need the Iron Bru truth to come from his mouth..

ccfcway

i have decided not to listen or go to any cov games from now on. Just gonna listen to SP and be safe in the knowledge that we have won every game 4-0

James Smith

I was convinced once the first went in that we'd be nursing a loss tonight (and not the loss of the manager). So that's a positive as opposed to a negative result but three points would have been better. Mercifully the results elsewhere have been good for us this evening.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

But he has hair round his mouth so he HAS to talk like a c**t!

ccfcway

Robbins

"Cov called us some problems without having any real opportunities on goal. 100% we should have won that. I am angry as we have to learn how to keep clean sheets. 2 of my defenders want their wages taken off them this week"

That soundbite hasnt really helped Pressley !

Last edited:

skybluepm2

That is a real manager right there! '2 of my defenders should have their wages taken off them this week'. He may look like a dinner lady but he is a damn sight better manager than Messley.

Taga

Just piss poor all round...

Defenders slower than me and head the ball with the top of there heads.
Midfielders inability to find a Sky Blue shirt with a forward pass.
Strikers who never look like they are in control of the ball never mind going to score.
No-one prepared to roll there sleeves up for the shirt

Other than that quite good.

Great_Expectations

Other general observations:

Samuels first touch has been woeful tonight (but at least he is getting into good positions).

O'Brien's "work rate" means he is NEVER in his actual position on the wing, causing us to be really narrow.

Williams is certainly not a left midfielder and willis not a left back (which I am sure they would both confess themselves). They are making Clarke look good.

Tudgay needs to offer himself more, not run away from the ball.

Aside from the last five minutes Barton is playing well. Let him sit and put an attaching centre mid alongside him and it may work. Him and Fleck don't, and it's Fleck I would drop based on current form.

All in all another fun night being a season ticket holder.

Is there anyone here who went, who can give a balanced view on the game?

Aside from the Barton point, as he had a poor second half, my other points still stand and are fairly balanced.

I would add that we do look genuinely clueless tactically at times. I have made this point several times before and unfortunately it still rings true.

skybluepm2

Is there anyone here who went, who can give a balanced view on the game?

Scunthorpe scored against the run of play from a dead ball after a bright opening although the final ball was clearly lacking. The performance dropped after the break, a lot of sidewards passing and also backwards, ball going out of play etc poor substitutions, last kick of the game hopeful lump forward and a composed finish from the otherwise invisible Tudgay. It was cold, it was shit and unfortunately it looks like Pressley will stay in a job that little bit longer.

skybluedan

Scunthorpe scored against the run of play from a dead ball after a bright opening although the final ball was clearly lacking. The performance dropped after the break, a lot of sidewards passing and also backwards, ball going out of play etc poor substitutions, last kick of the game hopeful lump forward and a composed finish from the otherwise invisible Tudgay. It was cold, it was shit and unfortunately it looks like Pressley will stay in a job that little bit longer.
The only thing missing from the usual shit is the ramblings from glen, he must be in bed

skybluepm2

Oh here we go 'who would come in and do a better job'. Worst fucking argument EVER. Get this boring twat off. 'Hands tied' bollocks, certain teams would love to bring in 86 players in just over a season. Get the irate fans on, far more entertaining. The call for Dion Dublin for to be manager was mental

Users who are viewing this thread