Season Ticket Sales a History (1 Viewer)

ladywoodskyblue

I wonder whether anyone is able to assist me with something. I am trying to identify Coventry City ST sales year on year since we moved to the Ricoh Arena. Does anyone know if there is a record of this anywhere?
Thank you.

shmmeee

Best bet is looking for news reports but I don’t think the club actually announces final figures, just “more than X so far”

ladywoodskyblue

Best bet is looking for news reports but I don’t think the club actually announces final figures, just “more than X so far”
Would just be interested in knowing how ST sales have changed over the years. I cant find anywhere they are recorded.

shmmeee

Would just be interested in knowing how ST sales have changed over the years. I cant find anywhere they are recorded.

I don’t think they ever give a final figure. Usually you hear it from someone on here and then it’s just a guess.

Your best data point would probably be to pick a time the club tend to release a rough figure and compare that. So say if they always say “more than X,000” around the end of the early bird use google to find those press releases and go from there. Won’t give you proper numbers but would give you rate of change.

ladywoodskyblue

I don’t think they ever give a final figure. Usually you hear it from someone on here and then it’s just a guess.

Your best data point would probably be to pick a time the club tend to release a rough figure and compare that. So say if they always say “more than X,000” around the end of the early bird use google to find those press releases and go from there. Won’t give you proper numbers but would give you rate of change.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll see what I can come up with and post the results in here.

Londonccfcfan

General rule of thumb....look up average attendance and half it. You wouldn't be too far off.

E.g..last year average art 9200....4500 season tickets.

Sunderland may have 17000 season ticket holders but they won't average 34k.

We may get 6 k season ticket holders and we will probably average double. I reckon around 12k if we pushing for play offs.

wingy

Only from memory but I think the season before Sixfields or possibly the one before we got around 8.5K.
Don't know how that compares to when we first moved into the Ricoh but would assume higher on an average of 21-22K In that first season.

ladywoodskyblue

General rule of thumb....look up average attendance and half it. You wouldn't be too far off.

E.g..last year average art 9200....4500 season tickets.

Sunderland may have 17000 season ticket holders but they won't average 34k.

We may get 6 k season ticket holders and we will probably average double. I reckon around 12k if we pushing for play offs.

I hope we have an average crowd of 13,000+ next season. I find it embarrassing a club our size can't draw in crowds of that size when you take into account the size of the city and the tradition of the club. Terrible owners yes, but its our club not theirs. Hopefully we can't get some more fans back up the a Ricoh next year.

speedie87

Just googled season tickets for 06 and found the price list! Think fans forget how cheap tickets are now!

upload_2018-6-7_21-10-2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread