Season Tickets 24/25 (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You would be guaranteed a premier league team. So short sighted.
Perhaps you could shed some light on this theory and enlighten us all.

MalcSB

Why?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
So that decent away followings were possible. It’s ridiculous that there are clubs in the so called best league in the world who can accommodate so few supporters. It’s no wonder that fans are way down the list of priorities for consideration.

hamertime

Perhaps you could shed some light on this theory and enlighten us all.
Its really not rocket science im surprised i have to explain it.

Ashley has bigger funds than doug, ashley would want to make as much money as possible and the only way to do that would be to get us and keep us in the premier league. Will he siphon of tens of millions, probably but so what. The alternative is waiting years for a promotion, probably yo-yoing for a few years then maybe get to stay there.

This forum is painful at times.

Hobo

Ashley has bigger funds than doug, ashley would want to make as much money as possible and the only way to do that would be to get us and keep us in the premier league. Will he siphon of tens of millions, probably but so what. The alternative is waiting years for a promotion, probably yo-yoing for a few years then maybe get to stay there.

You obviously do not understand how he ran Newcastle, despite it being well documented?

hamertime

You obviously do not understand how he ran Newcastle, despite it being well documented?
Couldn’t care less. Look where they are now. He would get the stadium and club together which would be then be attractive to overseas buyers once he’s rinsed it. We would be an established premier league club.

Some fans on here are like the people that go on dragons den but the dragons want 50% of their company for a million. They turn it down and end up making 50 grand a year but you could have had 50% of the 10 million they would have made you.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe you should look at his tenure at Newcastle where, despite having one of the largest fanbases in the country with few local competitors, he *checks notes* got them relegated from the PL more than once.

Hobo

He ran it sensibly much too the chagrin of fan's didn't he?
Yes he did, but that is not the point the poster is making. It is Ashley has deeper pockets than King and would throw money at us to make us successful.

He had the chance at Newcastle to elevate them into European football contenders and didn't take it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes he did, but that is not the point the poster is making. It is Ashley has deeper pockets than King and would throw money at us to make us successful.

He had the chance at Newcastle to elevate them into European football contenders and didn't take it.
To claim Ashley would throw money at us to make us successful and then in the very next sentence highlight how he didn't do that at the last club he owned is pretty brave.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Absolutely one of the most deluded postings for some time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So that decent away followings were possible. It’s ridiculous that there are clubs in the so called best league in the world who can accommodate so few supporters. It’s no wonder that fans are way down the list of priorities for consideration.
So you'd insist Bournemouth and Brentford spend tens or hundreds of millions on expanding their stadium just so the likes of you and a couple of thousand extra away fans can have a jolly day out. Yes, and it really makes financial sense as well.

hamertime

So you'd insist Bournemouth and Brentford spend tens or hundreds of millions on expanding their stadium just so the likes of you and a couple of thousand extra away fans can have a jolly day out. Yes, and it really makes financial sense as well.
Who do you think your are, Alan sugar😂

One day Bournemouth will go back to where they come from like Wigan because they are tinpot.

hamertime

You don’t know Jack shit you just pull it out the air like it’s gospel😂

Well Bournemouth obviously do thinks it makes financial sense as they are planning a 20k stadium to be built by 2027.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well Bournemouth obviously do thinks it makes financial sense as they are planning a 20k stadium to be built by 2027.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it
I think it's " You know Jack shit "

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Of course it does. Any club aspiring to remain in the premier league would do well to increase capacity from Bournemouth's current capacity . Luton have also plans for a new stadium.
What's your problem ?

Last edited:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

There’s no standard for minimum capacity.
Why should there be?
Greed is the enemy of premier league as I see it
You talk about standands .The way certain clubs seem to be flouting financial standands and no action is being taken there is far more to worry about than away fans getting into a ground of well run teams.These clubs will expand if and when they find the need and resourses.

Sbarcher

Rugby Union (sorry) bringing in a min capacity Premier requirement to keep the little teams in their place. Isn’t this the same for non league pyramid?

bigfatronssba

Why should there be?
You talk about standands .The way certain clubs seem to be flouting financial standands and no action is being taken there is far more to worry about than away fans getting into a ground of well run teams.These clubs will expand if and when they find the need and resourses.

Not saying there should be, but isn't there a minimum capacity to get into the EFL? I seem to remember that being a reason why the Butts could never be an option when we were moving around

MalcSB

Why should there be?
So by your logic, would it be acceptable for a Prem team to play in a ground with zero capacity? Would only need to give away fans 10% of available seats - i.e 0. No stewarding or police costs, no danger of being penalised for bad fan behaviour. Easy to align with green transport policies as no carbon emissions created by supporter travel. It must be a winner.

Hobo

To claim Ashley would throw money at us to make us successful and then in the very next sentence highlight how he didn't do that at the last club he owned is pretty brave.
I am stating he wouldn't put money in, the first sentence is about another poster who thinks he would.

Users who are viewing this thread