Season Tickets are the key (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Until will manage to massively increase the number of season tickets we sell i don't think we will ever get out of this cycle we are in.

Therefore i think its time for free season tickets for u16's to help breed a new generation of fans, and getting people into the habit of going week in week out rather than the first game of the season the Christmas games a so called big match and cup games.

I've noticed a lot of the older season ticket holders who used to sit around me haven't returned to the Ricoh this year.

Without having people on season tickets - attendances will drop off everytime we have a few bad results - as i season ticket holder myself if i hadn't got one would i be motivated to pay £20 odd quid to a match at the moment probably not.

Other advantages of season tickets - is the club get the money upfront for the season - this helps them set a budget for the season and sign off on signings preseason knowing the money is there to cover them.

Otis

Totally agree. ST's are the key.

Had we sold 11,000 season tickets it wouldn't matter what the attendances are.

Very much the key component to getting fans to part with their money. I have an ST, but couldn't go yesterday. The club still get my money for that game.

christonabike

If we had 11k season tickets sisu would bank the money as return for their investment.
Until they go it's only going to get worse sadly with gates dwindling every week.

Smudge1987

What you have just described is a club that can draw people in that want to purcashe a ST, that would involve having; decent owners, investment and a good standard of football. Sadly as we all know we have none of the above.

Ashdown

I wouldn't trust them with my money. For all this talk of positive cashflow from Fisher you ST holders can give yourselves a pat on the back. The squad gets weaker but will the debt interest rate come down or the management charges from SISU ?

wingy

Totally agree. ST's are the key.

Had we sold 11,000 season tickets it wouldn't matter what the attendances are.

Very much the key component to getting fans to part with their money. I have an ST, but couldn't go yesterday. The club still get my money for that game.

That sounds more like a Subscription to a lost cause .:(

Suffolkskyblue

Season tickets may well be the key but until we start playing attractive football on a regular basis and have some success I can only see season ticket sales for next season going one way - down.
I have a season ticket and travel from Suffolk every other Saturday to watch crap.
At the end of the day it's an entertainment business and the fans are not being entertained. Do something about that and gates will rise.

Block19

I think now wasps are in the stadium season tickets are very important. I think we might struggle to attract some fans when they have a choice shall I watch a top premier rugby side who might win and be entertained for a couple of hours or watch league one football and a team that is struggling to get shot on target. I think in two years time Coventry the city will be more famous for its rugger side than it's football team. Very simler to Northampton

Last edited:

wingy

I think now wasps are in the stadium season tickets are very important. I think we might struggle to attract some fans when they have a choice shall I watch a top premier rugby side who might win and be entertained for a couple of hours or watch league one football and a team that is struggling to get shot on target.

I don't think there's too much danger of that .

If any changing of codes is going on It will be the likes of me and a few others on here who are grasping the positive direction CRFC are taking and making It more permanent .

In short the drain away may benefit CRFC .

Block19

Look at the wasps web site and ticket sales a lot of the ground is sold out. The wasps move might be bigger than people think. I was suprised.

wingy

Look at the wasps web site and ticket sales a lot of the ground is sold out. The wasps move might be bigger than people think. I was suprised.

That site Is cocked up block19.

As of last week they'd sold 3K ,had me fooled a couple of weeks back as well.

J

Jack Griffin

That site Is cocked up block19.

As of last week they'd sold 3K ,had me fooled a couple of weeks back as well.

Me too, I think the blocks marked 'sold out' are in fact 'unsold', but sales are definitely moving, there are a lot more 'limited availability' yellow blocks.

I currently predict a crowd of circa 10K.

Ashdown

I don't think there's too much danger of that .

If any changing of codes is going on It will be the likes of me and a few others on here who are grasping the positive direction CRFC are taking and making It more permanent .

In short the drain away may benefit CRFC .

I want both City and Cov to be successful so I hope if there is a drain away from City then at least it is to another one of OUR sides and not this franchise debacle...............on saying that I did hear a Cov rugby fan yesterday saying he'd got a ticket for the Wasps first game !

wingy

I want both City and Cov to be successful so I hope if there is a drain away from City then at least it is to another one of OUR sides and not this franchise debacle...............on saying that I did hear a Cov rugby fan yesterday saying he'd got a ticket for the Wasps first game !

I've probably been around ten times now Ashdown and know a few great lads down there ,real long term rugby loving stalwarts,they genuinely don't see this as a bad thing and certainly see It In a positive light when viewing the City economy and regeneration/Job creation .

as rugby lovers I believe they'll go to the odd game as well ,but can't question their love for that Club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think this was mentioned a few backs, there are loads of blocks that are appearing as sold or unavailable when in reality those blocks haven't been opened for sale yet. There selling in small blocks to keep the fans close together

Evo1883

I agree with OP on free ST etc , i mean come on what do they have to lose , they could even do slightly cheaper adult ST im sure they would sell a few more , they simply have to get more people interested in ccfc , especially the younger generation

stupot07

We should care. If Wasps struggle they are much more likely to need us there.

And more likely to need to make money from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluebeduff

We should care. If Wasps struggle they are much more likely to need us there.

Need who there? CCFC fans? For a start I despise Rugby, a lot of people who come up to The Ricoh despise it, what have the Wasps got to do with CCFC until our rent agreement is due to be renewed? Nothing imo.

stupot07

Need who there? CCFC fans? For a start I despise Rugby, a lot of people who come up to The Ricoh despise it, what have the Wasps got to do with CCFC until our rent agreement is due to be renewed? Nothing imo.

I think he means the club as tenants, not the clubs fans turning up to wasps games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

?? We lose support every week, and will do whilst having an Inept manager with Inept owners, I fail to see what you're implying? :facepalm:

This wasn't having a go at you it was in agreement with what you've just said also why do you despise rugby I dont like American Football or Basketball but don't despise them?

skybluebeduff

I think it's a tasteless sport, full grown men deforming their ears for what? Losing teeth for what? I know they're injury's in football but it just seems like a sport that should be played with Alcohol in a bar!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think it's a tasteless sport, full grown men deforming their ears for what? Losing teeth for what? I know they're injury's in football but it just seems like a sport that should be played with Alcohol in a bar!

Unlike grown men getting their hair out of place and heres me thinking Peter Beardsley was a football player;)

Dean Allsop

I have supported CCFC for 42 years and had seasons ticket for lots of those years, but since shitsu took cov out of cov and ruined everthing I have not renewed my season ticket and wont until shitsu do one, I think a lot of other fans have done the same, but if shitsu do leave I for one would return.............

Astute

It is an enjoyable sport. Not for pansies like football is becoming. They don't trip over their own shadows looking for a penalty. Both sets of fans drink and sit together. Great banter all day. Piss take after the game that is normally taken well. I go to the occasional game and I don't support any rugger club.

Will never go to a Wasps game though.

Users who are viewing this thread