Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

It gets so much better mate.
Thanks, yeah. We still get on OK, so no animosity or anything, could be worse. My lad is OK about and that is all that matters.

shmmeee

Thanks, yeah. We still get on OK, so no animosity or anything, could be worse. My lad is OK about and that is all that matters.

Once everything’s sorted and you’re in the new normal you’ll be fine. There’s a point where you stop thinking about what you’ve lost and start thinking about what you’ve gained and that’s when the fun begins.

Good luck pal. Look after yourself.

torchomatic

Still hoping for that. 😂

Happier for sure, but a lot, lot broker.

I've never had a lot of spare cash, so I won't be missing out on too much once it's all sorted.

torchomatic

Once everything’s sorted and you’re in the new normal you’ll be fine. There’s a point where you stop thinking about what you’ve lost and start thinking about what you’ve gained and that’s when the fun begins.

Good luck pal. Look after yourself.
Thanks, Shmmeee. Appreciate those wise words. Things will be OK, I know they will. It's just getting there that will be difficult.

Otis

I've never had a lot of spare cash, so I won't be missing out on too much once it's all sorted.
Good on you.

My ex got everything and I got nothing. 😂

Now I have to agree with everything my new missus says so I don't ever get kicked out of her house

Oh, hang on, got to go, she just rang her little bell again. Could be her tea isn't quite hot enough, or she's run out of biscuits.

Forrest Gump Running GIF

clint van damme

Good on you.

Now I have to agree with everything my new missus says so I don't ever get kicked out of her house

Oh, hang on, got to go, she just rang her little bell again. Could be her tea isn't quite hot enough, or she's run out of biscuits.

Forrest Gump Running GIF
Never understood this. If the woman is left with a couple of school aged kids then I can understand the settlement being weighted in their favour, and I can understand some adjustment being made for career time lost when the kid(s) were young.

But when the children are adults, or not far off adults, surely there should be a more equal split?

Otis

Never understood this. If the woman is left with a couple of school aged kids then I can understand the settlement being weighted in their favour, and I can understand some adjustment being made for career time lost when the kid(s) were young.

But when the children are adults, or not far off adults, surely there should be a more equal split?
Yeah, there should be.

Even my solicitor said it wasn't fair in my favour and that the judge might reject the divorce application.

Glad it's done now though.

Oh and she's now gone off with the neighbour, two doors down. 😂

C'est la vie.

Otis

Yeah, there should be.

Even my solicitor said it wasn't fair in my favour and that the judge might reject the divorce application.

C'est la vie.
Umm..... that's the ex, not the judge.

torchomatic

Good on you.

Forrest Gump Running GIF
Ha. Well, it's different for us - and this may make some of you go 'huh!' - but the plan is, if possible, to still live in our house together with our son. If we sold up, then although we get a bit for our house in Warwick, we couldn't really afford to buy a property each. Any money I'd make would be pissed away on rent and my lad wouldn't get any kind of inheritance when I eventually pop my clogs. I have no family, so not going to get cash from a rich relative. Basically I am staying put so my son gets something after I've gone. So far, so good. Been like this for a year and finally getting the divorce.

Things might change, of course, but at the moment, this is how it has to be.

Otis

Ha. Well, it's different for us - and this may make some of you go 'huh!' - but the plan is, if possible, to still live in our house together with our son. If we sold up, then although we get a bit for our house in Warwick, we couldn't really afford to buy a property each. Any money I'd make would be pissed away on rent and my lad wouldn't get any kind of inheritance when I eventually pop my clogs. I have no family, so not going to get cash from a rich relative. Basically I am staying put so my son gets something after I've gone. So far, so good. Been like this for a year and finally getting the divorce.

Fair play to you, Torch.👍

clint van damme

Good luck!

torchomatic

Fair play to you, Torch.👍
It's not ideal. We have both said we would like to go our separate ways, but it's not practical, not if we want to leave him the house, which we do. He'll have such an advantage in life if he doesn't have to worry about rent or mortgages.

As for the divorce. Did a "no fault" job on the gov.uk site. £600 all in, no solicitors involved.

torchomatic

Good luck!

I'll need it. Been OK for a year. We don't live in a massive house or anything, just an Edwardian terrace but it has separate rooms, so we can have our own space, which helps.

shmmeee

Take any money you have an spend it on sound proofing the master bedroom 😬 🤣

Otis

It's not ideal. We have both said we would like to go our separate ways, but it's not practical, not if we want to leave him the house, which we do. He'll have such an advantage in life if he doesn't have to worry about rent or mortgages.

As for the divorce. Did a "no fault" job on the gov.uk site. £600 all in, no solicitors involved.
Well, yeah, my ex and I agreed that if she got the house, that would be a legacy for our daughter upon the ex's death. Daughter inherits the house or sale from.

Now though, I fear that will all go out of the window, as the ex is going to have the neighbour move in and he is going to get a job and earn enough so "she doesn't have to work and can just stay at home and be a housewife". 🙄

Can see him having a stake on the house going forward if he is paying for everything.

Oh well. Anyway, hijacking the thread too much now, maybe we should start a sticky divorce group for hard done by ex-husbands. 😂😂

Sbarcher

rob9872

Yeah, there should be.

C'est la vie.
I was telling my wife about the bloke in our street who said he'd shagged all of the women in the street except one. I was going to congratulate her until she interrupted and said 'I bet it's that frigid bitch at number 6'

The old uns are the best 😉🤣

napolimp

Well, yeah, my ex and I agreed that if she got the house, that would be a legacy for our daughter upon the ex's death. Daughter inherits the house or sale from.

Now though, I fear that will all go out of the window, as the ex is going to have the neighbour move in and he is going to get a job and earn enough so "she doesn't have to work and can just stay at home and be a housewife". 🙄

Can see him having a stake on the house going forward if he is paying for everything.

Oh well. Anyway, hijacking the thread too much now, maybe we should start a sticky divorce group for hard done by ex-husbands. 😂😂

Can you not write stuff like this into the divorce paperwork?

Otis

Can you not write stuff like this into the divorce paperwork?
In order to get an un-contested divorce, we had to have an agreement and that was the only thing my ex would agree to.

If it was contested, it would have cost us around 15 grand each.

The thing that made me roll my eyes in all this was that she got everything, so the house (worth £230k), the car and the pets. I walked away with literally nothing and yet she still said that she was getting a raw deal. 😂😂

I would have given her the shirt off my back too, but I was wearing a t-shirt at the time.

shmmeee

In order to get an un-contested divorce, we had to have an agreement and that was the only thing my ex would agree to.

The thing that made me roll my eyes in all this was that she got everything, so the house (worth £230k), the car and the pets. I walked away with literally nothing and yet she still said that she was getting a raw deal. 😂😂

I would have given her the shirt off my back too, but I was wearing a t-shirt at the time.

Mate. My ex, with a straight face, said she thought she should have 75% of everything. I laughed and asked why and she said “I just think I deserve it”.

Once they get a few family members and friends in the “fuck your ex” mode all common sense and decency goes out the window.

chiefdave

This is how they get you. My divorce was hassle free until my ex saw a lawyer on her familes advise 'to check things over' and the lawyer decided she was due way more. Got legal advice myself but it was essentially you're in the right but its going to cost you £15K plus to fight it and even then you're at the whim of a judge and you never know what decision they might come to.

shmmeee

This is how they get you. My divorce was hassle free until my ex saw a lawyer on her familes advise 'to check things over' and the lawyer decided she was due way more. Got legal advice myself but it was essentially you're in the right but its going to cost you £15K plus to fight it and even then you're at the whim of a judge and you never know what decision they might come to.

Yeah by ex fucked me out of about £10k on the house, spoke to a lawyer who said yeah we can get it back…for £15k 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread