Season's Stats In a Nutshell (1 Viewer)

So far, if you didn't yet realise:
Coventry City FC are the only team in League 1 yet to win game & are in 24th & last place.
Coventry City FC are the the LOWEST scorers in League 1 with just 3 goals. CCFC are the LOWEST scorers at home & equal LOWEST scorers away (with Walsall).
Coventry City FC have drawn the equal highest number of games - 5 (equal with Bradford City, Northampton & Oldham & we've played all three).
However! Only three clubs have let in fewer goals than CCFC (Scunthorpe (currently 1st), Bolton (2nd) & Bradford City (4th)).
A useless fact, CCFC have lost the same number of matches (3) as 6th place Sheffield United.
CCFC are one of 8 clubs unbeaten at home so far.

So there you are! Feel better now? Looks like the defence is doing it's job but the goalscorers are letting everyone down. It's not quite time for total despair - but it's on the horizon.

I have far too much time on my hands.

singers_pore

Our forward line is shit. A blind man could have seen that based on the performances in pre-season. I said before the season started that we would struggle to score goals.

ajsccfc

They say that defences win championships, so I don't know about anyone else but I'm thinking about the best spot to catch the victory parade.

skyblue1991

So far, if you didn't yet realise:
Coventry City FC are the only team in League 1 yet to win game & are in 24th & last place.
Coventry City FC are the the LOWEST scorers in League 1 with just 3 goals. CCFC are the LOWEST scorers at home & equal LOWEST scorers away (with Walsall).
Coventry City FC have drawn the equal highest number of games - 5 (equal with Bradford City, Northampton & Oldham & we've played all three).
However! Only three clubs have let in fewer goals than CCFC (Scunthorpe (currently 1st), Bolton (2nd) & Bradford City (4th)).
A useless fact, CCFC have lost the same number of matches (3) as 6th place Sheffield United.
CCFC are one of 8 clubs unbeaten at home so far.

So there you are! Feel better now? Looks like the defence is doing it's job but the goalscorers are letting everyone down. It's not quite time for total despair - but it's on the horizon.

I have far too much time on my hands.

We also have the worst shots per goal ratio in the whole league too.
It's all SISU's fault. I feel sorry for Tony Mowbray.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

The thing that rankles me is that he bleats on in post match interviews about Armstrong, Murphy and, more annoyingly, Ryan Kent- a player who was here for less than four months and did not start every game.

Clubs lose players... it happens. In all three cases, the player did not belong to the club.

This summer he thought it was wise to bring in a striker who has never scored a goal... and probably never will. After going down like he was shot by a sniper at Shrewsbury I doubt we will see him again this season ala Reda. Along with retaining Tudgay and bringing in Sordell, Agyei and the panic loan from West Bromwich.

They are your choices Tony... get them scoring or admit that you can't do it and resign.

We are coming to the magical ten game stage. So you know where you are likely to be... Yes people bang on about Barnsley being in the bottom four at Christmas, but so were Crewe and Colchester... and they're not in League One now either.

Pipehitterz

The thing that rankles me is that he bleats on in post match interviews about Armstrong, Murphy and, more annoyingly, Ryan Kent- a player who was here for less than four months and did not start every game.

Clubs lose players... it happens. In all three cases, the player did not belong to the club.

This summer he thought it was wise to bring in a striker who has never scored a goal... and probably never will. After going down like he was shot by a sniper at Shrewsbury I doubt we will see him again this season ala Reda. Along with retaining Tudgay and bringing in Sordell, Agyei and the panic loan from West Bromwich.

They are your choices Tony... get them scoring or admit that you can't do it and resign.

We are coming to the magical ten game stage. So you know where you are likely to be... Yes people bang on about Barnsley being in the bottom four at Christmas, but so were Crewe and Colchester... and they're not in League One now either.
I love the Twitter lot saying it's not the managers fault tho.

Nick

Administrator
I love the Twitter lot saying it's not the managers fault tho.

People are too blinded by hate. So many of them seem to act like we are still in the Premier League and have no idea about League 1. The way they go on is that every League 1 team has been spending millions all summer apart from us.

The telegraph is worse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread