Second third party debt order (1 Viewer)

S

skyblue2k

Darryl Murphy @darryljoemurphy FREE RADIO

TF: the current situation is 'desperate'. Second third party debt order has been placed on the club #skyblues #pusb

Was just reading his twitter feed and came across this, lets hope someone knocks all there heads together and sorts this mess out

S

skyblue2k

Darryl Murphy @darryljoemurphy

TF: At the moment - transfer embargo will be permanent - because wage bill far exceeds 60% of turnover #skyblues #pusb

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I know we all want new players etc ....... but to bleat about being far exceeding the salary limit next year kind of smacks of poor management and fiscal control.

Surely you plan ahead ............. which they must have done to know they will be over the limit............ but above all you work with in the limits of what you are reasonably certain. If we far exceed the limit then that is based on decisions taken by the directors pure and simple. You can not rely on having income you as yet have no right to and then blame the fact you dont have it for being known already to be over the limit ............that isnt anyone elses fault Tim

Last edited:

Grendel

I know we all want new players etc ....... but to bleat about being far exceeding the salary limit next year kind of smacks of poor management and fiscal control.

Surely you plan ahead ............. which they must have done to know they will be over the limit............ but above all you work with in the limits of what you are reasonably certain. If we far exceed the limit then that is based on decisions taken by the directors pure and simple. You can not rely on having income you as yet have no right to and then blame the fact you dont have it for being known already to be over the limit ............ it isnt anyone elses fault Tim

If we hadn't been embargoed now when would the FFP rules start?

Sky Blue Pete

Changed nothing. Need a deal to maximise turnover!! Biggest way is for 20k season tickets for next season or attendance for last 7 home games!! Pusb

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
he is referring to next seasons FFP limit so next season i assume but do they take it from1st June the start of CCFC financial year?

S

skyblue2k

My understanding is that the accounts will not be signed off until after the 2nd May, when they see if ACL play the final card and wind the club up. So its the last 2 chambers in the gun of a nice friendly game of russian roulette over the next 60 days between ACL and CCFC / SISU. At the moment if CCFC back down and sign the new Ricoh agreement, we will automatically fall foul of the new FFP rules and automatically have an embargo attached again. Its very worrying times, lets just hope something gets sorted

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wonder if ACL will not wait until 02/05 ?

fernandopartridge

Surely you plan ahead ............. which they must have done to know they will be over the limit............ but above all you work with in the limits of what you are reasonably certain. If we far exceed the limit then that is based on decisions taken by the directors pure and simple. You can not rely on having income you as yet have no right to and then blame the fact you dont have it for being known already to be over the limit ............that isnt anyone elses fault Tim

It'd be interesting to see which wage bill that is based on.

Grendel

Out of interest what would you have done then regarding players? Budget for next season at League One FFP rules or attempt a stronger squad to achieve promotion. If they stuck with the cap rigidly then surely the squad would be weaker and the ability to achieve stifled?

It can be adjusted down the line if promotion was not achieved but if experienced big earners are injured and need replacing the club has to do so.

This isn't just about income. If they get promoted then it is a different set of rules.

S

skyblue2k

I think this is the earliest ACL can go back to the courts to wind up the club.

Sub

didnt fisher say this is why we had to get rid of the high wage earners last season and they said they had now done this to fit into the FFP ??? but in doing that they got us relegated!! so now they are saying they are going to have do do it again ?? but do they not see they are doing self inflicted wounds to there own budget !!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Out of interest what would you have done then regarding players? Budget for next season at League One FFP rules or attempt a stronger squad to achieve promotion. If they stuck with the cap rigidly then surely the squad would be weaker and the ability to achieve stifled?

It can be adjusted down the line if promotion was not achieved but if experienced big earners are injured and need replacing the club has to do so.

This isn't just about income. If they get promoted then it is a different set of rules.

I dont disagree with much of that if any

I think the problem is you have to balance the two........ to do that I think you have to get lucky in the loan market, get the right contracts, reduce squad size (has been over 30 all season) and to ship out high earners if necessary/possible.

FFP is a fact of life it isnt being suddenly dropped on us next season. Contingency plans should have been in place last season let alone this. FFP is actually only forcing clubs like ours to do what they should be doing anyway to survive.

Does depend on the contracts they have offered the likes of Moussa etc. They could look at paying up others this season when we are already under embargo so it doesnt affect next season. Fact of life is that clubs in our position have to rely to a greater extent on young players, we have chosen not to use our youngsters coming through by and large, how do they get experience and add worth?

We have to realise that if we dont do it(promotion) this season we need to do it in a different way I guess

the part of the TF comment that I baulk at is" far exceeds" I suppose .... just smacks of no great control or plan

Last edited:

Diehard Si

They clearly hoped we'd go up this season. Set the budget higher, get promoted and then it won't be matter as the tv revenue will account for the difference in the championship.

Buggered now arnt we.

torchomatic

I think they should make wagon wheels bigger again. They were the size of steering wheels when I was a kid.

Sky Blue Pete

What I mean is I have paid my season ticket and speak as a stakeholder in our club and if there are people expressing whatever opinion on here without being emotionally involved and backing this up financially I think it diminishes their words. You sometimes only recognise what you once had when you lose it, well after 40+ years of mismanagement we are at the precipice and I am sad

coundonskyblue

<p>
What I mean is I have paid my season ticket and speak as a stakeholder in our club and if there are people expressing whatever opinion on here without being emotionally involved and backing this up financially I think it diminishes their words. You sometimes only recognise what you once had when you lose it, well after 40+ years of mismanagement we are at the precipice and I am sad

If were taking that attitude then I think only people who live within the city boundaries should be allowed an opinion on the rent debate.

CJparker

What is the effect of the second TPDO? How does it change things as opposed to when there was just one?

Sky Blue Pete

<p>

If were taking that attitude then I think only people who live within the city boundaries should be allowed an opinion on the rent debate.
I don't necessarily mean to close down a debate I am absolutely devastated by the roller coaster that this season has become! I know it's only a game but they are my club and it appears some on here are more bothered about being right than having a club at all. Course I understand those that can't afford to financially support the team but shit-guys this is it!! 10k multiplied by £20 multiplied by 7 games is £ 1.4m. Sisu or not that makes one hell of a difference

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just a guess but the second 3rd party debtor order probably caught a bank account that TF thought hadnt been affected............ sounded to me that it was more inconvenience than anything but being dressed up as more............. unless of course SISU had just transferred this months money to make payments in to that account as it was frozen ...... which meant they had to use another account and do the payments again ?

CJparker

just a guess but the second 3rd party debtor order probably caught a bank account that TF thought hadnt been affected............ sounded to me that it was more inconvenience than anything but being dressed up as more............. unless of course SISU had just transferred this months money to make payments in to that account as it was frozen ...... which meant they had to use another account and do the payments again ?

Unless I mis-read your post somehow, why couldn't SISU just continually use their myriad of companies and bank accounts to get round the TPDOs indefinitely? I presume a TPDO can't affect the blanket SISU group of companies, just individual accounts/companies.

skybluehugh

I think only people who go to games should be allowed an opinion

I have been supporting CCFC since very early 70's used to be a season ticket owner for years but have moved to London. So because I now live in London and work most Saturdays I am not allowed an opinion on how my club is being destroyed by the bunch of incompetent burks. Well go and take a running jump. I have as much right to a view as anyone else on this board including you

Sky Blue Pete

How bloody frustrating acl!! Why can't they just resolve things? I know it's brinkmanship but still. Pissing me off now

Sky Blue Pete

I have been supporting CCFC since very early 70's used to be a season ticket owner for years but have moved to London. So because I now live in London and work most Saturdays I am not allowed an opinion on how my club is being destroyed by the bunch of incompetent burks. Well go and take a running jump. I have as much right to a view as anyone else on this board including you

Course you have as much right I think I clarified my own opinion better the second time but in hindsight I'm just so frustrated

skybluehugh

In our owners eyes you are not a stakeholder. They couldn't give a dam about you or your views on any thing, they just want your money. When was the last time they asked fans, and acted on it, what fans thought. When so called stakeholders were telling them what they thought they were kicked out of the ground or had the protest flags taken of them. That's really listening .

rupert_bear

Don't really understand the ffp rules but how does a club who gets 4/5000 gates and there are plenty of them get round it.Despite our gates dropping to 10/11000 we are still one of the highest

skybluehugh

Course you have as much right I think I clarified my own opinion better the second time but in hindsight I'm just so frustrated

I must have been typing my reply as you posted. And I agree it is very frustrating, I just can not understand how anyone can still be trying to back our owners. They either have a massive pride were they are unwilling to accept they are wrong or living on a different plain to most off the other City fans.

Sky Blue Pete

In our owners eyes you are not a stakeholder. They couldn't give a dam about you or your views on any thing, they just want your money. When was the last time they asked fans, and acted on it, what fans thought. When so called stakeholders were telling them what they thought they were kicked out of the ground or had the protest flags taken of them. That's really listening .
But what else do we have? We are emotional addicts and always will be. Was disgraceful though

J

Jack Griffin

Don't really understand the ffp rules but how does a club who gets 4/5000 gates and there are plenty of them get round it.Despite our gates dropping to 10/11000 we are still one of the highest

It must be something to do with the huge number of pies that small crowd consumes.

coundonskyblue

Exactly. Our crowds are 5000 above the 'average league 1' (to quote Tim Fisher), which at an average ticket price of £15 equates to £1.72m.

It must be compulsory at other clubs to buy an overpriced pie.

Users who are viewing this thread