Selection headache (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Sheaf, Hamer and Eccles are looking like the real deal as a midfield trio.
If O’Hare, Allen and Palmer were all ready for our next game what lineup would you select?

South West Sky Blue

Sheaf, Hamer & O’Hare to start.
There aren’t many better than these three (I acknowledge that Sheaf hasn’t been as good this year).
Palmer is class, so would be getting a lot of game time.
Nothing against Eccles & Allen, but their levels aren’t as high. Hopefully Eccles can push on. Allen has been important this year.
Reality is that in a long season, we need all of them, particularly with our high intensity play.

Calista

The midfield three was impressive, with them seemingly being entrusted to be flexible and rotate. If you’re playing that way, realistically you need 5 or 6 guys who can fit into that system, tweaking it from week to week according to the opposition, and to cater for fatigue and injuries etc. Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles, Palmer, O’Hare and Allen would be a formidable midfield squad. As previously said, possibly Sheaf, Hamer & O’Hare as first choice, but if they're all fit there's serious competition.

So in the ideal world where we get to keep all of those + Gyokeres next season, we mainly need to focus on bringing in a couple of top wingbacks and another pacey goalscoring striker. We would have a properly dangerous Championship side.

The defence is another question, but I’m assuming that putting together 3 decent centre backs is well within Robins’ ability. I’d like to think McNally and Doyle will be on the books next year, and if so we are nearly there.

Hobo

Sheaf,Hamer, OHare and Palmer with Gyok up front.

Eccles, Allen, Burroughs good options off bench, cover for injuries or loss of form. Eccles a real contender though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd probably go back to 1 up top and play Sheaf, Eccles, Hamer and O'Hare. Not quite in a box though. Sheaf and Eccles as holding midfielders, O'Hare AM and Hamer drifting around inbetween. Palmer and Allen on the bench

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We've been very good recently, so much so that the conversation has gone from 'we won't survive without O'Hare' to 'imagine where we would be with him'.

He offers something no one else in our team really does, but we can't forget that his end product is generally pretty poor. He ends up wasting a lot of the good opportunities he helps get us into.

When he came back from injury I didn't think he set the world alight particularly, but we did seem to have more energy in the attacking areas. There's a noticeable boost.

That being said, we're unbeaten in 9, I know I got a lot of shit for this before, but I stand by what I said. Being so wasteful in attack does have consequences. Our midfield has gone from strength to strength, and crucially, they are adding more goals. I wouldn't immediately drop anyone for him at the moment.

PVA

Sheaf,Hamer, OHare and Palmer with Gyok up front.

Eccles, Allen, Burroughs good options off bench, cover for injuries or loss of form. Eccles a real contender though.

It's harsh on Eccles and Allen, but yeah this.

Perryccfc

Play all 3 as they currently are and drop Walker/Godden for O’Hare. I’m convinced Gyokeres is more comfortable on his own.

skybluepm2

What gives me hope for the future is that Robins has and always will find a way. He doesn’t piss and moan about a quite frankly ridiculous injury list that he has to always contend with, and as Earlsdon alludes to above, there is life with or without O’Hare…. And Palmer, and Allen. We coped without Sheaf, Eccles has been excellent as an understudy and is the heir apparent to Kelly, who will inevitably be let go in the Summer.

Hamer for me is the jewel in the crown and I think he genuinely loves the club. I pray we can get him and Vik tied down for a little while longer, one last shot with them next year with some significant backing (compared to the last couple of years anyway).

CCFCSteve

What gives me hope for the future is that Robins has and always will find a way. He doesn’t piss and moan about a quite frankly ridiculous injury list that he has to always contend with, and as Earlsdon alludes to above, there is life with or without O’Hare…. And Palmer, and Allen. We coped without Sheaf, Eccles has been excellent as an understudy and is the heir apparent to Kelly, who will inevitably be let go in the Summer.

Hamer for me is the jewel in the crown and I think he genuinely loves the club. I pray we can get him and Vik tied down for a little while longer, one last shot with them next year with some significant backing (compared to the last couple of years anyway).

Yeah, even if just a one year extra on contrats from hamer, ohare, sheaf and Vik with some sale clauses inserted. Unfortunately I just can’t see it if/when Prem clubs come knocking, apart from maybe ohare due to injuries this season

Vik and possibly sheaf would need whole new deals though I guess

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, even if just a one year extra from hamer, ohare, sheaf and Vik with some sale clauses. Unfortunately I just can’t see it if/when Prem clubs come knocking, apart from maybe ohare due to injuries this season
O'Hare's injuries are a reason for him to sign another contract with us I guess - get back up to speed next season, show he's over them, and he'll be in a far stronger position for a move, but a new contract gives him security if he breaks down again on the way.

Sky Blue Harry H

Play all 6 and confuse the hell out of the opposition. A bit like when Barcelona played without a centre forward, but still thrashed everyone. O'Hare can be our Messi.

Hobo

It's harsh on Eccles and Allen, but yeah this.

I agree and my response is based on if all were fully fit right now. But if Eccles continues to impress and improve through to the end of the season. If Allen can get fit and get back in and add a couple more goals to his tally.

Come the end of the season the landscape and pecking order might look different? It might be Palmer and O'Hare who have to wait for the opportunity to win the shirt back? It would be a nice situation and give us the depth of quality that sometimes we have lacked?

Football has always been about one players misfortune is anothers players gain.

CCFCSteve

O'Hare's injuries are a reason for him to sign another contract with us I guess - get back up to speed next season, show he's over them, and he'll be in a far stronger position for a move, but a new contract gives him security if he breaks down again on the way.

Yeah, exactly, makes sense all round. The others will be trickier. Might get Sheaf to sign on increased wage. I think Hamer and Vik will be off to Prem if they avoid injury and continue current form

mmttww

It’s fantastic to have 5 excellent midfielders in the squad and Palmer too
Mr T Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Sky Blue Pete

This
Most managers get sacked they can’t repeatedly solve problems that will always arise
Robins and his team do it repeatedly
I’d prefer this longer term problem solving than quick Watford fixes every day of the week

Users who are viewing this thread