Semi Final Dates (3 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

No harm in you making contact with your man. The more people enquire the better! Don't let the placky manc bastards have anything!
Can you PM me the details of what's happened before and what we're asking for this time? I'll gladly ask the question and get back to you. He's pretty quick at coming back so would likely get an answer today if you can come back to me ASAP.

Skyblueweeman

@edgy

Response as follows:

Hi, yes the detail is being worked through but it is the intention to run a fan zone. It is organised by our supporters club who ive ccd.

I've asked the Supporters Club contact to keep me updated. As soon as he comes back, I'll post the info on here but they'll definitely be doing it.

PVA

If we've been allocated our usual end that says to me they know what day it is.

Cant have 2 teams allocated an end on the same day

Confused Thinking GIF

Skyblueweeman

Quick one - on the website article, it says:

Sky Blues fans will be familiar with this end, having been allocated the same end during Wembley visits in 1987, 2017, 2018 and 2023.

When they built the new stadium, didn't they rotate the pitch 90 degrees meaning that if we had the same end in 1987, that would technically mean we would have had one side of the stadium as opposed to one end?

Skyblueweeman

Also, on looking at where we fit compared to other teams in terms of numbers of appearances at the new Wembley (couldn't find the figure), I did find out that as of this time last season, only 6 of the then 92 teams in the top 4 leagues, hadn't played at the new Wembley. I was astounded - thought it would be like 40 or something.

Those 6 are Blackburn, Ipswich, Crawley, Colchester, Accrington Stanley and Hartlepool.

djr8369

Also, on looking at where we fit compared to other teams in terms of numbers of appearances at the new Wembley (couldn't find the figure), I did find out that as of this time last season, only 6 of the then 92 teams in the top 4 leagues, hadn't played at the new Wembley. I was astounded - thought it would be like 40 or something.

Those 6 are Blackburn, Ipswich, Crawley, Colchester, Accrington Stanley and Hartlepool.
That is surprising

Saddlebrains

Mad that. I thought it would be more

Skyblueweeman

Yeah, me too. I asked a couple of guys in the office I work in and the general consensus was somewhere between 40-60. Very surprised at 6.

Covkid1968#

Utd season ticket holders told the 20th. But no time confirmation. It’s the 20th people

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

they are considering whether train strikes will affect the games given Chelsea are already in London, so may make sense to play that game on the Saturday and ours, where two sets of fans are travelling longer distances, on the Sunday - less disruption

also, Chelsea on Saturday makes more sense to the local authorities given less congestion in what will already be crowded trains and hotels etc for the marathon on Sunday

wingy

they are considering whether train strikes will affect the games given Chelsea are already in London, so may make sense to play that game on the Saturday and ours, where two sets of fans are travelling longer distances, on the Sunday - less disruption

also, Chelsea on Saturday makes more sense to the local authorities given less congestion in what will already be crowded trains and hotels etc for the marathon on Sunday
Pr for the prem M8 Saturday is our day by right! Must build one in the midlands then,!

SBT

Chelsea on Saturday makes more sense to the local authorities given less congestion in what will already be crowded trains and hotels etc for the marathon on Sunday
Surely putting Chelsea on Sunday would ease the pressure on hotels etc for the marathon? Most runners will be staying in London on the Saturday night, with spectators travelling to London on the Sunday morning.

I think London’s more than capable of handling both events either way of course!

Calista

It's just probability. Over a period of about 20 years, the vast majority of clubs will have been in a playoff or JPT-type final somewhere along the way.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Quick one - on the website article, it says:

Sky Blues fans will be familiar with this end, having been allocated the same end during Wembley visits in 1987, 2017, 2018 and 2023.

When they built the new stadium, didn't they rotate the pitch 90 degrees meaning that if we had the same end in 1987, that would technically mean we would have had one side of the stadium as opposed to one end?

I think you'll find the new Wembley stadium was built around the existing pitch, so it's the same end as in 87.

Users who are viewing this thread