Semi Final Dates (3 Viewers)

Covkid1968#

Il throw the mother of all bitch fits if we are the Sunday
I’ve seen the Utd season ticket letter…you’ll be cool mate.

Cantona7

I’ve seen the Utd season ticket letter…you’ll be cool mate.
Season ticket holders haven't received anything from United yet. Apart from the usual e-mail spam trying to flog merchandise and memberships, of course...

My apologies. An email has been received saying it's supposed to be the Saturday although it was sent yesterday morning and on Sunday evening before any further consultations with the authorities took place so not, as yet, officially confirmed. IMG-20240319-WA0013.jpg

Last edited:

Nuskyblue

You are right on both counts. Man City v Chelsea is also mooted for the 20th April.
They'll sell less tickets than our game vs Manchester United I'd wager.

I think Chelsea went to general sale for the league cup final. You could buy them days before the game.

Skyblueweeman

It's just probability. Over a period of about 20 years, the vast majority of clubs will have been in a playoff or JPT-type final somewhere along the way.
I mean, we'd never finished top 6 in any league for what, 40 odd years so it's not top far fetched to think that there were more 6 who haven't played at the new Wembley.

Philosorapter

Guys and gals,

Just dipping into everyone's collective knowledge here.

Which competition do we go into if we win the FA Cup?

I understand there are new tournament layouts next year in Europe but havent been able to pin them down.

Swiss System/Acc Swiss and all that which I am kind of more at home with then dealing with a league.

Anyone got any more info on this?

David O'Day

Guys and gals,

I understand there are new tournament layouts next year in Europe but havent been able to pin them down.

Swiss System/Acc Swiss and all that which I am kind of more at home with then dealing with a league.

Europa League innit?

Nuskyblue

Guys and gals,

Europa. Probably through the qualifying route so we'd be playing FK Pissflappen etal

Woolly68

Has anyone been anywhere in a Cov shirt (probably outside Coventry) since the quarter?

I went to the gym in it (not cause we won) and I've not had so many chats about the City!
I went out in my retro ‘78 top in Asda in Bideford after I got back from the game. Everyone in the store stopped what they were doing, bowed and let me get the freshest bread, fruit and veg. When I got to the checkout they ushered me through, winked, said “this one is on us” and patted my bum as I left with a full trolley of Easter eggs and After Eight mints and a couple of bottles of red.

felt like royalty.

Philosorapter

Nevermind, found it. It's the Champions League, not the other one.

no_loyalty

Guys and gals,

Europa league, straight in at the group stage.

Nuskyblue

I went out in my retro ‘78 top in Asda in Bideford after I got back from the game. Everyone in the store stopped what they were doing, bowed and let me get the freshest bread, fruit and veg. When I got to the checkout they ushered me through, winked, said “this one is on us” and patted my bum as I left with a full trolley of Easter eggs and After Eight mints and a couple of bottles of red.

felt like royalty.
Did saddle rub you off at the end to a chorus of sky blue army tho?

oakey

Has anyone been anywhere in a Cov shirt (probably outside Coventry) since the quarter?

I went to the gym in it (not cause we won) and I've not had so many chats about the City!
Yes. I live in Dudley. Travelled to Kingswinford - Wolves stronghold- on Sunday. I have worn City shirt everywhere since Saturday. Spoke to loads of fans and every one said, well done Coventry deserved to win and hope you beat United.
Albion fans particularly happy.

Philosorapter

Already dreading researching suitable hotels in Azerbaijan
You wouldn't have that with a swiss system though, If UEFA has done this right for the CL then it should be one hell of a tournament to watch. I am guessing though special interests with teams trying to protect their current position in some imaginary ranking system is going to be rife. Teams get paired with other teams of the same strength with a Swiss type system.

The league itself should blow UEFA's own club coefficents out of the water. I would imagine them to dissappear in a few years when people start getting use to the swiss system.

The pairing system is a fair way of bringing some balance to working out team strength and goes hand-in-hand with elo/glicko-2.

More info is here.. C. General Rules and Technical Recommendations for Tournaments / 04. FIDE Swiss Rules / C.04.1 Basic rules for Swiss Systems / FIDE Handbook

Edit: This one is a bit better. C. General Rules and Technical Recommendations for Tournaments / 04. FIDE Swiss Rules / C.04.2 General handling rules for Swiss Tournaments / FIDE Handbook

It is one of the reasons I have never bothered to Glicko-2 a World Cup. The group stages don't offer much in information.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

You wouldn't have that with a swiss system though, If UEFA has done this right for the CL then it should be one hell of a tournament to watch. I am guessing though special interests with teams trying to protect their current position in some imaginary ranking system is going to be rife. Teams get pared with other teams of the same strength.

The league itself should blow UEFA's own club coefficents out of the water. I would imagine them to dissappear in a few years when people start getting use to the swiss system.

The pairing system is a fair way of bringing some balance to working out team strength and goes hand-in-hand with elo/glicko-2.

More info is here.. C. General Rules and Technical Recommendations for Tournaments / 04. FIDE Swiss Rules / C.04.1 Basic rules for Swiss Systems / FIDE Handbook

It is one of the reasons I have never bothered to Glicko-2 a World Cup. The group stages don't offer much in information.
Mate, I book hotels.

You've just blown my mind with that post.

Legia Sky Blue

How do you get ‘neutral’ tickets? Genuine question. Think I’ll struggle to get City tickets.

If you know anyone that works for or is a business partner of any of the companies in the attached link, then that is probably the best avenue to try and secure neutral tickets.

Saddlebrains

Sunday according to Phil Upton on CWR

The MET crying about Chelsea fans travelling through the Marathon

Easier for them to have us and united come in from the north, go nowhere near central London

Devastated 😩

stgeorge1966

Hearing the Semi Final is on the Sunday 21st April 2024 :oops:, not sure on ko time but announcement later.... Not sure if ticket details will be released today though :unsure:

iflynno

Sunday according to Phil Upton on CWR

The MET crying about Chelsea fans travelling through the Marathon

Easier for them to have us and united come in from the north, go nowhere near central London

Devastated 😩

Like there wont be plenty fans going into London anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread